PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Pasta tonight for us, some spelt and chicory filled one from lidl mixed with regular penne to make it go a bit further.

Not sure about tomorrow, need to use up a few bits and pieces so perhaps some kind of squash / swede concoction - any suggestion welcome.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Kerri - what about this http://eatrealfooduk.blogspot.com/2013/01/curried-squash-and-swede-stew.html?m=1

We are at cinema tonight, so will have a quick omelette before going as I am busy preparing an Indian styled feast as the 3 kids and their partners are staying Saturday night.

A lamb curry, chicken curry, mushroom one, cauliflower one as well as all the usual accompaniments - I love cooking for a crowd, and works out a lot cheaper than a takeaway for 8 :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • K80_Black
    Options
    Last night I cooked a ton of chilli for the freezer - different coloured peppers, red onions, mushrooms, chillies, and grated carrot, with mince for the OH and Quorn mince and kidney beans for me. Sent the OH to work this morning with a 'chilli bolognese' (the same sauce on top of some pasta!) as a packed lunch.

Tonight, he's having steak and chips, (I'll try and get him to have some veg too, but he probably wont!), I'll have a Quorn fillet and chips and veg.

I do love this thread. The mix of delicious home cooked food and 'actually I'm having a ready meal/jacket potato' makes me feel great - better about myself on the days I simply CBA cooking, as I know others are in the same boat, and I get a bunch of great recipe ideas to steal on the days I do cook!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Shopping all morning so just sandwiches for lunch and we're to the rugby this evening so will pick up fish (well mushy pea fritter for me) and chips before we go into the ground. A really lazy day cooking wise, must try harder tomorrow! xxx.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    HM chicken nuggets, baked beans plus chips from the village chip shop van!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We had piri piri chicken, jacket potato & coleslaw for lunch. Have taken and chicken & chorizo rice from the freezer and will be reheating that for dinner tonight.

Denise
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Kerri - what about this http://eatrealfooduk.blogspot.com/2013/01/curried-squash-and-swede-stew.html?m=1

We are at cinema tonight, so will have a quick omelette before going as I am busy preparing an Indian styled feast as the 3 kids and their partners are staying Saturday night.

A lamb curry, chicken curry, mushroom one, cauliflower one as well as all the usual accompaniments - I love cooking for a crowd, and works out a lot cheaper than a takeaway for 8 :)

Ohhh, thanks for the idea IM I have most of the ingredients in one form or another. What are you going to see at the cinema?

K80 Black tonight I had chips, beans and a buttered roll, cooked by OH because I CBA. He had chips, beans and a Quorn 'steak' pie.

So none of th veg got used up yet :o
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    My supper last night ended up being marmite toast when we got back at 11pm!

Lunch today will be cauliflower cheese soup as I have some Romanesco and some white cauliflower in the fridge that need using.

Supper tonight will be a sausage and bean casserole like a poor mans cassoulet! there is a 0%fat yoghurt for dessert if we want it and of course our usual black coffee.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Kedgeree tonight.
  • Cappella
    Options
    Corned beef hash and pickled red cabbage.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback