The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 April 2017 at 1:50PM
    Options
    What a glorious morning. Pure sunshine outside but a bit chilly. I am waiting for the delivery of plasterboards to arrive this afternoon so I am not going out. I have been cleaning in the kitchen and also emptied out some stuff for 3dogs's charity.

I will clean my garage windows this afternoon now that plasterboard has arrived.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Things are coming together for you now SW. You will have a lovely damp-free, clutter-free home soon :j
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Hope the renovations get completed quickly SW!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Thank you ladies, me too. lol. I have been so looked after by my parents and my nieces are coming tomorrow too and a work/medical appointment.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Good luck with the work/medical appointment I hope it all goes well for you x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Thank you so much, me too. I just want to keep my job. lol.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    It is so funny. I saw occupational health yesterday for a return to work. I did lose my voice in the appointment and she had to give me water. But I thought that my treatment was over and maybe I was fit to work.

Then today I had a phone call from the Speech Therapy Dept at local hospital saying could I come for an appointment on Monday. There has been a 3 week delay as my file was sent to the children's dept. You gotta laugh. :rotfl:

Am waiting for occupational health to call me back. Doing a clothes wash before 3dogs comes. Parents have just left.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    edited 7 April 2017 at 1:21PM
    Options
    I was surprised they hadn't referred you for speech therapy SW lets hope we will both be chattering away soon :D

The weather is lovely here I am just doing some washing too

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I have emailed work to let them know and they have been great.

Susan arrived with furniture in tow. She has blisters caused by trying to carry 2 gorgeous pieces of heavy furniture. I feel so guilty!

I helped the builder all day with the plasterboarding and saved some money. Gorgeous weather.

Spent £20 I insisted on giving something for furniture as it is GORGEOUS and £10 on a crate of diet pepsi.
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Hi SW

For opening tough-to-open bottles/jars etc, try putting on a rubber glove as it helps to grip. I only learnt this a couple of days ago and I've used it several times - amazing! Not sure if it will work as well for pop-up caps as for turn-y lids but still a useful trick to know.

I'm jealous of you going to Ideal Home Show - have you been before?

Re switching bank accounts, you could always do the switch, earn the reward then open a new bank account with M&S? It's a lot of hassle but certainly an option. Regular savings accounts are amazing though.

Your April Fool got me - I was insanely jealous as I would LOVE to go to Fiji but then I saw the next post lol. That was a good one!!

Better that your voice sounds like Bonnie Tyler than Batman, if that helps. How is your throat today? Have they worked out what's wrong yet??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback