Debz66 Debt Fighting Diary - Bring on 2009!

Options

Comments

• Debz66
    Debz66 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Maria, nice to see the the blogger who inspired my blog on my blog :rotfl:

Jolly, I definitely do know how you feel! I am not actually starting making jewellery again, but selling the stuff off to regain the money I put into it. I am going to keep a small amount of stuff though so can do some if fancy it and got the basics if decide to start again.

Phoned tax credits today to let them know DS nursery costs dropped each week as now he is three gets his funded time as well and turns out get the same money I get now for an extra 4 weeks before they change it, so thats a small but appreciated bonus :T

Did some shopping in Mr T today, managed to grab a pair of cheap work trousers I needed straight off the delivery rail (my size is a nightmare to get normally) and the other bits I needed, came to just over £10 (can't find receipt :o ) and after coupons cost me £3.33! So pleased with that. Also put £25 of petrol in car, going to see how long that lasts me, cos although worked out miles to the gallon before never seen how many days I actually get, and hope I get at least a week out of that! And bought a £1 saving stamp, back on it for next Christmas already.

Tomorrow I am DEFINITELY going to list my goals for the year on here, but for now I must go to bed, as working 8.30-6 tomorrow and also DS is waking up early again at the moment, was 5.50 this morning :confused: , so glad I went to bed at reasonable time yesterday too!

G'night all :hello:
    2010 Debt Mission - Clear Credit Card £193 - Gonna start small and give myself some hope of actually doing it... :rotfl:
    2010 Comping Beginner! Wins - Creme Egg Beachball :j

Love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one's looking, work like you don't have to and live like Heaven on Earth.
  • mariagti
    mariagti Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening hun,

I hope you got my PM and email link to mi-info alright.

You should post up your SOA or type up your monthly bills so we can see if we can help you reduce any of them.

Are you a member of Quidco or cashbackings?
    Make £5 a day JAN £121/175 FEB £283/175:j
    Weekly Grocery budget of £35! Jan £95.05/175 Feb £37.53/175
  • Debz66
    Options
    Right, I have made it back lol.

Ran out of time getting stuff done to post yesterday, and have had a good afternoon today with DS at nursery getting loads of pokey little jobs done :T

Spent £10 yesterday buying two Post Office saving stamps towards my car tax, and today have spent £1.49 on some ham, is about 50p more than usual, and 47p on some sweets for DS and a tiny Milkybar for me but got it in local shop so saved on petrol and probably saved a fortune on buying things I didn't go for in Mr T :rotfl:

I am on Quidco Maria, think I have about £100 to come from them at the moment and have already had about another £150 I think come through already. I have also done an SOA on here before, but to be honest there really isn't much I can cut back on now :confused: Waiting for mobile contract to go up so can get something better there though.

I am truly fed up with being so cold at the moment, I worry about putting the heating on too much because of the bills, but I feel the cold so badly and my fingers are covered with chilblains despite wearing gloves when I go out :mad: Decided that I don't need an electric blanket in bed though, would rather have an electric man-ket ;)

It does make for beautiful days though with it being so clear and that is uplifting against the negatives. Think might try and take DS for a walk in Tehidy tomorrow, which is our local country park type thing, he likes feeding the ducks and stuff, and my friend works on the golf course next to it so we normally go and see if we can spot him anywhere near the road lol

I am still trying to get round to posting my goals for the year, but want to do it when got the time to sit and think properly, as I want to take them seriously and look back on them hopefully as successes!

Going to start pricing some jewellery now, then may come back later :D
    2010 Debt Mission - Clear Credit Card £193 - Gonna start small and give myself some hope of actually doing it... :rotfl:

Love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one's looking, work like you don't have to and live like Heaven on Earth.
  • Debz66
    Options
    Just a quick one today I think.

I have managed to get all the little jobs on my list for the day done, so pleased with that, and got some more jewellery stuff priced while DS napped today, so thats a bonus.

Spent £14.76 in Mr T today on groceries, but only actually £7.51 after coupons so not too bad and it included 4 copies of the Sun as well as it has £4 of NSS coupons in today :D I also bought one xmas saving stamp as well.

Had a pack of face wipes in the post to test from a survey I did the other day, hope my face likes them as use wipes normally so a pack for free is all good :T Also got a free sample of baby rice that I will give to my friend for her little one, and some coupons in the same pack I am keeping for me ;)

Got a TNS survey today for 150 points as well, so all helps.

Back to pricing jewellery now I think, lots more to do!

• Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sounds like you're doing well, how did you get into testing products? but then it's probably pointless me looking into it due to my excema.
    sorry to be thick but what are the NSS coupons? someone at work is saving us the vouchers for the breaks, we did this about 18 mths ago and i've said i'm prepared to do it again as long as its not as cold as it was then (went in October brrrrrr)
  • Debz66
    Options
    Hey Lemon!

The testing thing was just from a survey I did, I think it was on TNS or something like that.

I have been signed up as a Tesco home panel tester but not heard from them since.

NSS coupons are non store specific, meaning I can use them in my local Mr T without buying the product, thus saving money off my shopping :j

I don't much like going out in the cold either, my car died earlier while picking DS up from nursery, my dad was on his way but loads of the staff came out when they finished and helped me bump start it.

Got to pay for a new battery tomorrow though :mad:

Then it will probably fail its MOT, which I booked yesterday for the 19th of this month, I am using a council test centre as recommended on here, so will have to wait and see how bad it is :confused:

• mariagti
    mariagti Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Theres a deal on at halfords at the moment with car battery's i think you get a £2 voucher with every battery purchased. Not much but could buy some de-icer or something with it! ;)

I hope it passes the MOT. Fingers crossed for you hun. :)
    Make £5 a day JAN £121/175 FEB £283/175:j
    Weekly Grocery budget of £35! Jan £95.05/175 Feb £37.53/175
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i followed the advice here and went to the council mot site and it was fine, but it was the car's first mot so i would have had to have words with it if it had failed. lol hope your's passes with flying colours.

thanks for filling me in on the vouchers, guess i need to learn where to start finding them.
  • Debz66
    Options
    Well, got a new battery this morning, so thats £45 gone :confused: but at least I shouldn't have to worry about it starting any more (and the battery cost less than my dad thought it would so could have been worse!).

Been to Mr T for a bit more shopping, and spent £4 and some pence on a £15 odd shop, I love the coupons :j

Apart from that have done housework and completed my tax return, only to find I don't know my password any more to submit it online. To request a new one online I need my UTR and can't find any sign of it, so back on the phone to them tomorrow :mad: Hopefully they will be able to email me one so I can just submit it tomorrow and cross it off the to do list. They owe me £12.60 though, so all good :D

Forgot to put yesterday, but it was a NSD, so thats good! Have worked out my budget for the month today and again I seem to be well up, and definitely not made the same mistake as last month :o I do know why some of it is there this month though, so hopefully this time it actually is good!

DS has been really knocked for six by his cold at the moment, so he spent three hours this afternoon sleeping, so I could get on with some stuff, had to wake him up in the end at 5pm for tea, but at least he ate it all, after not wanting much lunch. Only problem then was I put him to bed just gone 8pm (normally 7ish for him) and he was still chatting away to himself at 9 :eek: So goodness knows what time he will wake in the morning!

Lemon there is a good thread on here for coupons http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1346113

Hopefully that link works! That is where I find most of mine, and I read the newspaper summary thread daily as well in case any in the papers, I normally just type 'newspaper summary' in the search box and select forums for that though. That also links through to the magazine thread which I keep an eye on for the same reason ;)

Tomorrow I need to get the hoovering done, clean the bathroom and do the washing up I was too lazy to do this evening. Also going to my lovely sisters for roast dinner, she is an :A lol.

But for me now I am off to bed, so see you all tomorrow, good night!

• Debz66
    Options
    Well, DS woke at 7 this morning, which is late for him (normally 6-6.30ish) and as I got a bit stuck in my book last night and went to sleep later than intended I was grateful for that!

Off to Mr T in a minute for a couple of bits, want some more vests for DS so going to try there first as normally pretty cheap and still have coupons lol.

Then down to my sisters who conveniently lives 2 mins drive from Mr T!

In fact better phone her first and see if she wants anything lol

Then home this afternoon, DS will probably sleep again and I have more housework to get on with, it truly never ends!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure