Debz66 Debt Fighting Diary - Bring on 2009!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Debz66
    Debz66 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Jolly. The snow definitely made his little face light up :D The weather site I use has said loads more tonight, but I am praying it won't as I have the day off work tomorrow as holiday and really want to get DS to nursery now he is better so I can get on with some stuff and just simply have some me time.

As for the sledging, I have always wanted to try that and never had a sledge to try with on the rare occasion there has been enough snow :rotfl:

I agree with you this site is amazing, and even reading about people who are more dedicated than me to their saving doesn't make me feel bad, just inspires me more! I know I am still not as good as I could be all the time, but I am definitely getting better all the time.

Went to Tesco yesterday, intended to get toilet roll and nappies using a few more coupons to reduce it, hence keeping it separate to main shop (needed too many expensive things at once this week :mad: ), but ended up spending £4.49 on top of coupons (coupons would basically have paid for the two items) but bought choc for me and DS, plus a greetings card and brocolli. The brocolli was needed though, as the time off work threw menu plan a little.

Apart from that didn't spend anything else and didn't do much else either!

Today I have been to the council as have all paperwork I needed for housing benefit now. Whole visit with wait took around an hour as was so busy, but glad its all done. I asked her roughly how long it should take, as they normally say oh we are about two weeks behind or something annoying like that, and she said should hear by next Wednesday, so hopefully can get back to budgeting :T Its actually making me really uncomfortable to not have been able to know where this month is going already :o

Hoping to give house a good tidy through tomorrow, shouldn't take long as not really that much out of order, then get the motivation back to start selling some of the jewellery stuff. Might find need some of the money just to get through this month, not too confident about it going well yet!
    2010 Debt Mission - Clear Credit Card £193 - Gonna start small and give myself some hope of actually doing it... :rotfl:
    2010 Comping Beginner! Wins - Creme Egg Beachball :j

Love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one's looking, work like you don't have to and live like Heaven on Earth.
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hi Debz, feel like i should send you my coupons, went to Mr A's today and was treat like scum when i handed over 3 coupons, they were thrown back at me, when i asked why was told it's illegal to use them without buying the products, which is a change from how they used to be. I did point out at customer services that the woman should really have checked whether i had bought the goods before chucking them at me. thinking of changing my supermarket to Mr M's but not sure if they take vouchers still.
    glad you've got the housing benefit forms, sorry it took so long, i spent my lunch time filling out my change of name driving licence form. For something which is suposed to satisfy the plain english folk it wasn't very clear, though it could just me my head which comes up with 'off the wall' questions.
  • Jolly2009
    Options
    Hi guys,

Seems we have all been form filling this week - I finally got around to sorting my change of address on driving licence this week too.

Sorry to hear it took so long at Housing Benefit office Debz - sadly that is my area of work (for my sins) however not frontline but know how frustrating it can be and the waits sometimes involved, especially when there is a delay. Hope they sorted it for you soon enough though - if not get on their backs and chase them!!!

Lemon - how rude of that customer services woman. Sometimes they have no manners. I had a falling out with one in W***rose just before Xmas and told her that I didn't want the goods as it were anymore and she had the cheek to ask me to put them back where I found them....you can imagine my reply:mad: Great bit was though the two customers with their shopping on counter behind me walked out with me and said they didn't want to deal with such a rude member of staff.....:rotfl: ......it did make me giggle but I was still angry!

Hope you manage to ebay a few more bits Debz, I still haven't got into e-bay yet. Not sure I have anything to sell as bit of a minimalist unfortuntely and anything I don't want lying about goes straight to charity shop.......oops. Perhaps I should think before I give away next time, may help me pay off a bit of debt.
    No spend days for March = 3
    Money to joint savings 2009 = £100.00
    Money to personal savings 2009 = £0.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills