Debz66 Debt Fighting Diary - Bring on 2009!

Options

Comments

• Debz66
    Debz66 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Right, off to Mr T this morning for what will hopefully be my once in the week shop. Dad dropped a coupon off this morning from his paper that I missed last week, so that will help too.

Have planned meals and written shopping list from that, so fingers crossed will get it all right :D
    2010 Debt Mission - Clear Credit Card £193 - Gonna start small and give myself some hope of actually doing it... :rotfl:
    2010 Comping Beginner! Wins - Creme Egg Beachball :j

Love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one's looking, work like you don't have to and live like Heaven on Earth.
  • Debz66
    Options
    Well, did the shopping, spent £22 and paid £11 after coupons :T And that should be everything I need until next Monday. Hope if not then only out by a couple of things, if this week works out this method is definitely going to save me money which can only be good.

I have splashed out a bit on some new underwear today, as getting desperate for stuff that fits, and that is only getting worse as I lose weight. So I bought some on La Senza that were on offer, which as I am an odd size unavailable in cheap shops :mad: made them cheap for me. I also got some cash back which has tracked so thats good too. Just got to hope it all fits when comes or have to pay to send it back. Sometimes I miss living somewhere with a decent range of shops where I can just go and try things on :rotfl:
    2010 Debt Mission - Clear Credit Card £193 - Gonna start small and give myself some hope of actually doing it... :rotfl:

Love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one's looking, work like you don't have to and live like Heaven on Earth.
  • mariagti
    mariagti Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Debz,

You do so well with your coupons! I cant find that many about anymore, im just using my luncheon vouchers in supermarkets now.

Benefits and taxing is so confusing. I would quite like to do mystery shopping but dont know how i do would my tax! lol

About the Qype kit i still havent received all 3 of mine yet, they emailed me nearly 3 weeks ago now:(

Im glad Mamma Mia cheered you up:)
    Make £5 a day JAN £121/175 FEB £283/175:j
    Weekly Grocery budget of £35! Jan £95.05/175 Feb £37.53/175
  • Debz66
    Options
    Hey Maria, I am not sure where I am getting the coupons from either, just been lucky with ones in papers and mags as well as some online too!

NSD today, so pleased with that :T Been in work all day then straight home, so is good for the non-spending.

Not much else to report today really, done some more onepoll surveys, and clicked mi-ads. I am checking both of them everyday. Not really getting much from TNS or Valued Ops at the moment, when I do get VO ones seem to kick me out most the time, so rarely complete and get any money.

• Debz66
    Options
    Was going to do a small update yesterday, but was having big net connection problems so gave up. Seem to have sorted them out today though.

Yesterday was a NSD despite going to Matalan, Brantano and Pets at Home with a friend, so pleased with that :D

Weekly shop going good at the moment, only thing getting short at the moment is ice cream, and DS won't be happy if that runs out, so may have to get more of that. Am going to Mr T today to coupon a magazine and a newspaper ready for next Mon shop, so will be a small spend today, and may get ice cream at the same time.

Lots of housework to do today, meant to be having an inspection by letting agents, so although I keep it pretty clean and tidy all the time any way I do need to run the hoover round and clean out the rats and I did do the washing up and clean the kitchen worktops down this morning.

Apart from that not sure what else will get up to at the moment, weather isn't great so not keen on going out.

• Debz66
    Options
    Well I did spend £1.55 in the end on the 29th, got the papers I wanted for coupons, mags and a tub of ice cream.

House inspection seemed to go ok too, which is good.

Yesterday and today both been NSDs, so thats good! :T

Underwear I ordered was delivered yesterday while at work, as I predicted lol. So picked it up this morning, and its actually slightly too small on top, which I was well surprised by, so got to send it back. Probably a good thing moneywise, but it was beautiful so i'm a bit sad. Not going to reorder at the moment as no idea how this month will be financially.

I overestimated my wages by £30 as forgot NI, and then got £14 less in Tax Credits this Monday coming, so slightly down on what I thought. Hopefully just scrape through the beginning of the month debits though, don't want anything bouncing this month!

I am waiting to hear my new tax credits figures in the post now not SE any more and also DS nursery dropped, so hoping the update I get will cover both the changes. Then have to let Housing Benefit know. Hopefully then will have figures to budget going forward, as shouldn't be any major changes for a while after that :D

Played a bit of poker last couple of nights online, used to play quite a bit (never chucking money away on it though, only the odd £5 to play when had it), was going to remove the software yesterday so went to play my last £2, and ended up taking out £7.50, leaving £1.80 ish in there. Played that tonight and took another £5 back to bank with just over a pound left to play, so going good at the moment, every little helps :rotfl:

Tomorrow should be NSD again hopefully, and will menu plan again for the coming week, then shop Monday. Already been saving up the coupons ;)

• Jolly2009
    Options
    Hi there, not been posting much of late but have been popping on and reading during work (naughty I know) and catching up. Haven't even been updating my own diary but have given myself a good kick up the backside and told myself off!!

Seems like you have been a busy bee. Glad all went ok with the inspection, we're still waiting for our first. It's in the contract but not heard anything as yet and been here for some time. Seen you've managed a few NSD's :T

I must look into coupons - need to keep at it with the money savings. I've been rubbish of late due to family stuff but can't use that as an excuse really - need to start over.

No spend days for March = 3
    Money to joint savings 2009 = £100.00
    Money to personal savings 2009 = £0.00
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hi sorry havent' been around so much again. Sorry to hear the undies didn't fit, i've been norty i have spent some money on crafting stuff from my back pay. I really should have spent it but it's was too good to miss, and i've picked up a gift for my sister, i'm so annoyed as its' now half the price that i paid for it grrrrrrr!
  • Debz66
    Options
    Hi Jolly, hope your house inspection goes well when you finally get it. Definitely find out about the coupons, I find them hugely helpful, although does seem a lot of stores are starting to cut them out now due to people abusing them :mad:

Hiya Lemon, even if your craft stuff was naughty at least you'll enjoy it ;) Can you not take the present back with receipt, then re-buy it half price? lol

Well Sunday was a NSD again :j . Monday I went and did the food shop, spent 25.50 which came down to 15.80 after coupons. That was slightly higher than I hoped but needed printer paper and wash powder this week so that kinda accounts for the extra. Havent shopped for Sat and Sun meals though as have a friend staying (if snow goes so she can get down:confused: ) and will plan with her when down.

Also sent undies back Monday, which was £3.21. Hopefully they will re-credit card soon after getting them with the original cost.

Today has been interesting, couldn't go to work as didn't want to drive in the snow. I live in a long cul-de-sac road with other little cul-de-sacs off it, and its one long hill. As not main road its not gritted or cleared, and no way I was risking starting to slide down it. Then DS had temperature yesterday which has gotten worse today with him complaining of pain in various areas, so ended up sitting in doctor with him. Luckily no more serious than a virus, but doctor gave us a calpol type stuff prescription for two bottles, which was ace as had run out and couldn't really afford any more :o I would have bought him some but then would have been at risk of loan bouncing and want no bouncing this month! Hopefully just be ok as it stands.

Have to get a contact lense check this month, which is £20 and a pack of lenses, which is another £11, hoping that won't mess up the budget, but still waiting for figures so don't yet know :confused:

Should be working tomorrow, but have phoned and said not sure will be in due to DS temp, as nursery wont take him with a temp. He is mostly well apart from temp, so if that has dropped in morning I will go in (fingers crossed no more snow, its beautiful and seeing DS face light up was amazing, but had enough now :rotfl: )

• Jolly2009
    Options
    Evening,

Hope your little one feels better soon. There are so many things going about at the moment. Hopefully the lovely snow will have cheered him up. It did me, me and OH set alarms early to go up to the hills and use our sleighs - how old are we! I'm 30 and the first to go up the hill and start sleighing down it - I felt like action woman :rotfl:

Slowly getting back to things now and feel better for posting/reading this site daily again. It's amazing how much this site can keep you focused and on track.

Must get on and start looking into coupons - i'm a nightmare for wasting money. Still not there yet but i'm learning and getting there.....all be it slowly :o

No spend days for March = 3
    Money to joint savings 2009 = £100.00
    Money to personal savings 2009 = £0.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills