Debz66 Debt Fighting Diary - Bring on 2009!

Options

Comments

• Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thanks for the link i'll have to plug in my printer and have a go with them
  • Debz66
    Debz66 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Well, started the day at 5.45 this morning waking up to a 15 minute heavy nosebleed, which was nice, then couldn't get back to sleep before DS woke at 6.30. Head has felt odd all day as it does after a bleed like that.

Been to Mr T for a couple of needed bits, some razor blades and the essential toilet roll, got a paper for the coupon in it as well. Spent 7.00, came to 1.70 after coupons :T Am all out of high value coupons now, so won't be buying much at the moment apart from necessary groceries, and as have a freezer of food should get organized and eat through some of that.

Also had to go to P@H for rat food and some cage disinfectant. Was going to buy a bag of food for me and one for my sister, but realised could save us half the price of a small bag each if we bought a big sack and split it :D So I spent £5.70 in there on my stuff.

Apart from that went to letting agent to pay £50 off my rent arrears. Its coming down slowly, but still just under £300 to go :(

Am getting through the jewellery pricing ok in the evenings, can't wait to phone and disband as self employed now, will make several things much easier to sort and can start selling the stuff off to clear some debts hopefully :T

Time to go and play playdough with DS now, I may come back later or I may be too busy pricing!

Good luck with the coupons Lemon, they are worth it if you can get them and your local store still takes them (sadly a lot don't now as people abuse it by photocopying them and stuff :mad: ).
    2010 Debt Mission - Clear Credit Card £193 - Gonna start small and give myself some hope of actually doing it... :rotfl:
    2010 Comping Beginner! Wins - Creme Egg Beachball :j

Love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one's looking, work like you don't have to and live like Heaven on Earth.
  • Debz66
    Options
    Well I wrote a post yesterday, but coming back today it appears I obviously didn't submit it as its not here :confused:

Spent £2.47 on Tuesday, should have been a NSD as at work all day but really wanted a pasty for lunch and bought a tube of mints too :o On edge about some stuff at the moment and it makes me want to eat all kinds of bad stuff, so not good for wallet or for diet.

Yesterday had to get some bits in Mr T, didn't have any coupons so cost me £6.88. I never seem to be able to shrink my grocery shop, I don't do a weekly shop any more as when worked at Mr T until a couple of months ago used to get things as needed them, and so now stuff runs out all the time and can't get back into a weekly shop.

Going to get cereal and a chicken today but have a few coupons so will help a bit.

Getting there with the jewellery pricing, can't wait for it all to be done now, so can phone and disband as self employed. Will make a few things much easier to sort then and hopefully start clearing some debts :T

DS seems to have a bit of a temperature today, he woke in the night last night and had me in and out his room four times in an hour, which is unusual for him. Think his body is just trying to fight off the cold type thing doing the rounds though as he's full of it enough today despite that.

Nothing exciting to do today though, weather is rubbish, got the usual housework to do, but don't even feel can visit anyone as all the people we would visit in the day have kids or babies and we are fighting off DS's first headlice as well :eek: so don't want to pass them on lol
    2010 Debt Mission - Clear Credit Card £193 - Gonna start small and give myself some hope of actually doing it... :rotfl:

Love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one's looking, work like you don't have to and live like Heaven on Earth.
  • Debz66
    Options
    1 3mm bead, 2 3mm beads, 3 3mm beads agghhhhhh!

• Debz66
    Options
    Well, its been a couple of days since I last posted.

Worked all day Friday, don't think I spent any money but can't properly remember, slept since then :o

Saturday I did what I am going to try and make my 'weekly' shop. I know I am going to have to work my way back to a weekly shop as I don't want to over buy worrying won't be enough and at the moment I am likely to under buy so probably won't manage once a week just yet. But I am determined to get there. I had saved up some coupons and a £25 shop cost me £12, but the coupons seem to mostly be dying out so going to budget about £25 a week I think and see how that goes when they are gone.

I could do with meal planning for the week really, and thats something else I shall have to have a go at and see how it goes. I would love to cook more from scratch, but I am not much of a cook to be honest and I need to get some advice on what I can freeze and reheat and what I can't as don't want food poisoning :rotfl:

Today I have been back to Mr T but for a non grocery spend. I lost the remote to the digibox before Christmas and have had enough now of having to get up to change the channel all the time (how lazy we have become :o ). I looked into buying a replacement remote, but £10 when the digibox only cost £14 :eek: so decided to buy a new one as the old one was a bit rubbish anyway! I used some saving stamps I had started for next Christmas and a few coupons so it cost me £5.58, which I thought was pretty good. And its way better than the last one :T

Nearly finished the jewellery pricing now, hopefully be all done in next few days, so thats good too.

Back to it now I guess, but I must try and update here each day, even if just with spending or will never remember it.

• mariagti
    mariagti Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow well done on your coupons savings!:)

Where do you sell your jewellery Debz? Ive noticed lots of people on here making jewellery.
    Make £5 a day JAN £121/175 FEB £283/175:j
    Weekly Grocery budget of £35! Jan £95.05/175 Feb £37.53/175
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hi i've started finding some coupons, only need to spend them now, thanks for the link. I should start trying to sell the things i bought for the wedding which i didn't use and that includes just short of 1kg of red seed beads. :)
    I've challenged OH to not go food shopping for the next two weeks, we could have some interesting meals but we should be ok, i bet he caves before i do lol
  • Debz66
    Options
    My car PASSED ITS MOT!!! :j I am still in shock though :eek: lol

Hey Maria, I am actually selling off all my jewellery stuff now, I did have a website for a little while but never really got that going, so apart from that did some craft fairs, which were ok, but never really got it off the ground. I am a bit sad to be selling it all though, and can't decide whether to just keep some to fiddle with or not as I do love my beads lol

Hey Lemon, good luck with the coupon spending. Apart from my jewellery and some car boot stuff I have nothing left to sell on Ebay as I have sold anything not nailed down in the house now :o Come back and let me know how the no shopping for two weeks goes!

I've had a really hard day today though apart from the car, as DS dad is down and has told me some more things I didn't expect, so I have really struggled to get through today _pale_ I don't think things will change but I just can't stop myself hoping. I wish I could, but sadly our emotions just don't work on a switch basis and thats what makes it so hard :confused:

• Debz66
    Options
    Well, yesterday would have been a NSD apart from 60p buying my work mate and I a Rip Roll each. I am such a big kid :rotfl:

DS dad has gone back now, and I have no idea how things are going to pan out on that one. It's so hard just not knowing which way things will go.

Worked this morning, and so far its a NSD, although I may go into PO after I collect DS from nursery this afternoon if I have £5 change in my bottle and buy a saving stamp towards car tax, which is what I have decided to use change bottle for. But at least thats a sensible spend ;)

I had a letter today because I owe council tax still, not really sure how I am going to pay that though :confused: Sometimes despite trying to feel positive about money and everything I just still feel like I am never really getting anywhere.

Got a parcel to pick up from town PO, I think it must be my Qype stuff, as they emailed to say it would be sent and I dont think i'm due anything else. Don't want to go while weather horrid like it is now though, as can't park nearby which means trailing me and DS round to get it in the rain.

Just went to look into the Qype Virgin £50 voucher for 100 reviews, decided to register. Got the email saying I was successful immediately, clicked back on the advert on the side of the Qype page and was told it had closed as had total number of participants, so I must have been really lucky to get in there! :T

Suppose I had better go do some housework now and bits and pieces. I am determined to finish jewellery this evening, been too tired with everything going on last couple days and with DS deciding 4.30 was a good time to wake up again... :eek:

• Debz66
    Options
    Right, well its been a few days since I last updated. Mixture of being busy, feeling down and leaving it too late when I did intend to do it :o

I did finish my jewellery on the 21st, so can get that all ready to advertise and sell now which is good. Fingers crossed it will go and pay off my rent arrears and some of the council tax.

I picked up my parcel, which was my 500 point Qype kit, no idea where the 250 one is that was posted to me same time though :confused:

The 21st was a NSD in the end, 22nd I did a mid-week grocery shop, still working towards the weekly one. Spent £20, but only £7 after coupons. 23rd I went to Mr T after work to get some Best mags which have good coupons in, only to find them sold out so ended up spending £2.57 on stuff I didn't really need, like sweets for DS and a £1 DVD for me :o . Yesterday I managed to track down 3 copies of Best, and a paper with a coupon in. Also ended up buying DS sweets again, he gets far too much, which is another reason why working towards weekly shop, as if we don't go in shops all the time he doesn't ask! Today I did go in Mr T again as they sell my cover stick which has nearly run out, so went to coupon one of those. Bought a couple of other bits as thought I had coupons for all but 10p, but then the girl wouldn't take one of them so cost £2.09 in the end. Still not bad though.

I am going to work out meals for the week coming tonight or tomorrow before I shop tomorrow (intending Monday to be normal shopping day) so that hopefully I can shop for the week, and if I do have to go in between should get less and less until is once a week :D

I had a productive money day Thursday, I phoned about one loan arrear and got a great agreement for it, instead of trying to pay back missed month in same month, I was going to ask for it over three months and they offered six, so that should be a great help.

I phoned to end my self-employed status as well, so can tell Tax Credits on Monday, which will be another job done. Need to know what new tax credits payments will be now nursery fees dropped and no longer SE. I hate that I can't try and budget for Feb as don't know what will get! Housing benefit will also change, I went in to them Thur to take in last wage slip and have to take new stuff in to them when get it so they can update too. All change, but should be much more settled then when all done. While in council spoke to someone about council tax as well and they have agreed to put a hold on any dates until end of March when all due to be paid by, so I can pay as get it which is great too. I paid £50 there as well. Felt much more in control about finances by the end of the day which was a great feeling :T

I watched Mamma Mia on Friday night, which I thought was great, despite being a romance (not the best choice for me at the moment!) it was so feel good with all the singing and stuff it really cheered me up, although Peirce Brosnan singing was a bit odd :rotfl:

Apart from all that just been working and spent most the weekend at my sisters, do have a tendancy to mostly move in there at the weekends :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure