Debz66 Debt Fighting Diary - Bring on 2009!

Options

Comments

• Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Boy do i know that feeling, any time i do my monthly accounts and there are funds left in my overdraft then i'm terrified i've forgotten something. Unfortunately i find i have. Well i have beef stew in the slow cooker, banana loaf in the oven and a load of washing in the machine. Just watching Sister Act feeling good that i'm also 'slaving' in the kitchen at this moment as well lol
  • Debz66
    Debz66 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Well i've worked out next month and at the moment its looking really positive. This scares the life out of me for the same reason as you said Lemon, that I have forgotten something. Although I only started my new job a couple months ago, so Jan is only third pay packet (and only second full one) so not used to working it out on that money either.

I have done it on what I get now, but this will change this month as DS gets his government funding for some of his nursery time now, so nursery bill will change, which means I have to let tax credits know and they will change, so have to let housing benefit know so that will change etc etc :rotfl:

So will be working it all out again in couple of weeks I expect. Hopefully will still be positive then lol.

I also have washing on, thought the machine had broken yesterday and was on the phone to my dad earlier asking to use his, gave the door on mine a hard shove (used to need a gentle nudge anyway lol) and it started working! I don't care how hard I have to hit it as long as it works, I have three loads waiting after working all day yesterday and half today and being a bit slack with it.

Right, time to cook some tea now I guess, and I might sort out the kitchen cupboards and knock that off my list while it cooks as well, oooh multi-tasking...

My dad would be impressed, he says that I am so incapable of doing more than one thing at once that he worries what happens when I think while I am driving :rotfl: (Tea going in the steamer so at least I can't burn that!)
    2010 Debt Mission - Clear Credit Card £193 - Gonna start small and give myself some hope of actually doing it... :rotfl:
    2010 Comping Beginner! Wins - Creme Egg Beachball :j

Love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one's looking, work like you don't have to and live like Heaven on Earth.
  • Jolly2009
    Jolly2009 Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    Happy New Year:beer: and to you too Lemon!!

Hope all is well. I haven't posted in a few days as we were away for NY - it was lovely but now back to reality and debt busting!

Sounds like both of you are really into your arts and crafts - I always give things a go but not that great :o

Sadly I am at work today but have started a mammoth list of things to do which I will get on with this evening and have this weekend free to really get super organised.....can't wait. Do I sound sad? I just feel really motivated at the mo to get on and sort out my life.

Have you thought about joining the January no spend day (NSD) thread Debz - I signed up today (thanks to Lemon letting me know) and have target of 10. It's a great thread and they start a new one each month.

Right - must do some work. Catch you later. xx
    No spend days for March = 3
    Money to joint savings 2009 = £100.00
    Money to personal savings 2009 = £0.00
  • Debz66
    Options
    Well, I intended to post New Year Day, but never got round to it in the end. I spent the day visiting different family and getting a few bits done in the house, and the evening removing my Christmas tree and then sweeping up the huge amount of needles all over the floor :rotfl:

Happy New Year to you Lemon, and to you Jolly, I hope you had a lovely time away. Also to anyone else who happens to drop in.

I don't think you are sad at all Jolly, I always (and I mean like every day :o ) write a list of things I want to get done, right down to silly small things like putting the hoovering on there. It makes me want to get it all done so can cross it off!

I am also feeling really motivated about debt bashing this year, although as I suspected I had calculated my money wrong this month, which means another bill is going to bounce :mad: Although at least should be only one this month which is an improvement on previous couple of months.

I am also going into the new year feeling incredibly sad, as after 7 years (one of which has been spent apart deciding what we wanted) DS's father has decided he doesn't want us to have a future any more. I played my part in his decision as I was unsure for a long time, but he won't change his mind even though I have told him how I feel now. Its true that sometimes you don't know what you want until its gone... :cry:

Right its time for me to go to bed now I think, i've been playing my wii that I got for Christmas this evening doing the boxing which is awesome, and I am going to hurt in the next couple of days as I tend to get a bit carried away :rolleyes:

I am going to try and list some goals for this year tomorrow, be nice to look back and see how i've done. I meant to do it yesterday, but the tree had to go!
    2010 Debt Mission - Clear Credit Card £193 - Gonna start small and give myself some hope of actually doing it... :rotfl:

Love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one's looking, work like you don't have to and live like Heaven on Earth.
  • Jolly2009
    Options
    Chin up you, hope you are feeling ok today. It's very sad and very hard and like you say you don't know what you've got until it's gone. I hope it all works out for you.

How are the arms doing? I am still aching from New Yrs day sessions with my nephews :D

Bit frustrated this weekend as had all good intentions to blitz the flat and sort things ready for a fresh start on Monday and OH has 'man flu' and is feeling very sorry for himself lounging about. However I have told him he'll just have to sort himself out as I have plans!! How awful am I? Mind you, it is the sniffles and not flu ;)

Right best get off my butt and do something. Will pop by later. Take care x
  • Debz66
    Options
    Hey Jolly, i'm definitely trying to keep the chin up, but I seem to veer between angry days and days where I feel so sad I kinda feel numb. I know it will pass in time and all that but I don't fancy the wait lol

Arms are starting to feel the Wii session now, will probably hurt for a few days now, but it was worth it.

I need to go to Mr T for some shopping when DS wakes up and had a few coupons ready, but just checked the thread and found a new £2 one so that will really help too :T

• Jolly2009
    Options
    Bless you, it's tough. I will keep things crossed that the time passes by for you and those kind of days become less and less.

I went food shopping last night, took the opportunity to go myself whilst OH feeling ill which means spent less. Less than £40 this time and should last us a while!

It's really hard trying to sort myself with OH - we live together (rent) and split bills 50/50 and deal with our own monies etc. He is good in the sense that he has no debts but not so good or interested in the whole money savings side of things.

Problem is we have already put off putting off buying a house etc because of my debts and he was happy to do that so I don't want to put more on to him re money side of things. He is brilliant in that he pays for holidays, meals out etc which helps me a lot but we have come to a joint decision that he won't have anything to do with my debt as it's from previous relationship (long story) and mishaps in earlier part of my life before I even knew him.

I am happy with this but it's hard in that he doesn't really share any interest in my quest to becoming debt free - infact no-one does really. They just think that now I am on dmp that I don't have to worry but I have aims and I want to settle, buy house have kids etc - can't do that with the amount of debt I have right now. I've just turned 30 and didn't evisage my life this way but can't dwell on it, just have to get on with things. I just want to really save and when I have enough pay off a lump sum and get debt down to a managable level so I can think about the future.

Sorry - think I have just rambled there. Apologies.......enough of that!

Must get back to the cleaning, another wash load to put on/take out and might do the ensuite which saves me waking the OH as hes not back off shift until early hours in the morning.....what a fun saturday eve for me!
  • Debz66
    Options
    I meant to come back and update yesterday then never did, as spent the evening drinking wine and playing Wii with a friend (and stayed up too late, yawn lol). It was a great evening which I needed at the moment, but now I ache even more from wii'ing :rotfl:

Jolly, i'm sorry to hear you don't get much support, its bad enough to have debt but to feel like you are facing it on your own is worse I know. Do you ever feel awkward when OH is paying for stuff, no matter how fine he is with it, that you can't? I used to feel like that with DS dad, he would pay happily for stuff but I always still hated that I couldn't do anything back. I agree with you on not ever thinking my life would be like this, but like you say we just have to push on and hope for better things in the future. We'll have to prop our chins up together ;)

As for the people not understanding, when I was getting really worried about mine most my family were like, oh just go bankrupt as if it was the easiest thing in the world to do. But I didn't want to do that unless I had NO alternative. For a start most my debt comes from going to university to study law. And ok, I may not have made it into law due to having DS but I still like to think maybe one day I might. However if went bankrupt I couldn't ever! Also I got into the debt so really feel that I should pay it off if I possibly can :o

You are more than welcome to let out anything you need to in the thread any time, so never worry about rambling! I have obviously only been doing this for a couple of days but already feel better just knowing I can get it out and write it down, it's kinda therapeutic :D

I meant when I started this to note down what I have spent each day or if have NSD, and so far have failed miserably, so going to try and crack on with that from tomorrow. Think it will do me good to be able to look back and see where my money goes to see where there is room for improvement (and believe me there is probably room the size of an aircraft hangar lol).

On top of that I still haven't written down my goals for 2009, I don't like to call them resolutions, so just going for some things to aim for. Will try and do that tomorrow as well.

My sister and her DH have kindly given me their old telly as they have bought a new one, so my friend has just been and picked up his one he was lending me. This means can get the living room sorted, then time to start pricing the jewellery stuff for sale. I am feeling really positive about getting money from that so just hope it all sells ok!

• Jolly2009
    Options
    Thanks for that, it's nice to know someone understands. I do find it hard that OH pays for big things etc and I try my best to contribute to the hols and meals out but I guess in his own way this is his way of helping me. However I think I would benefit more if he was up for cheaper trips at the super market or organising! Never mind, we can't have it all and he's lovely in every other sense.

Good on you not going down the BR route - I am sure you will be able to get back into law in time and in the meantime def go for it with the jewllery - you'll be making it to order in no time I am sure ;)

Now get on with those goals for 2009!! I'm the same as you, note them as goals and not resolutions.....heres to a positive start to 2009:j

Take care xx

P.S - hope the arms aren't hurting too much from the wii!
  • mariagti
    mariagti Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi debz, i found your diary! :) Well done on starting one, it should keep you on track to becoming debt free! I look forward to joining you for your journey! :) I havent got much time on here tonight so i will have a proper read of it 2moz.

maria x
    Make £5 a day JAN £121/175 FEB £283/175:j
    Weekly Grocery budget of £35! Jan £95.05/175 Feb £37.53/175
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills