New place, fresh start..

Options

Comments

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Congrats on getting into uni.......what is it you'll be studying xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • JLS1901
    JLS1901 Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting into uni.......what is it you'll be studying xx

Thanks Abba still can't quite believe it! I'll be studying occupational therapy :)

Welly x
    :wave:
  • JLS1901
    Options
    So it's the weekend and I'm off, had a busy morning went to my mums to drop off her birthday present then went to town to get my ID verified for my DBS check for uni, also sent off some documents that uni needed to see.

It's scaring me that I only have 4 more full pay days before I start uni!

I've sorted my accommodation over there so that is one less thing to worry about.. I'm going to live off food etc I have in and have a clear out.. I'll then sell the freezer hopefully once it's empty.

Hope I will hear about my student loan soon so I can give up my flat and start throwing some big money at the debt.

Welly x
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Not been on here for a few weeks! Just been plodding on really. My bank emailed me a week ago with a great rate on personal loans. I looked and decided to apply not expecting to be accepted, however I was and in 10 mins I had the full balance in my bank account.

So I paid off both my credit cards, my old OD and my AO balance. So now have one repayment per month which is the same as the payment I was making on one card.

I also closed all the accounts so I have one small CC open just in case of any dire emergencies. I've been able to save a bit out of my wages every month.

As far as uni goes I'm almost sorted just waiting for student finance confirmation and a firm start date and all good to go :)

Welly x
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Been at work today, it's my weekend I'm usually off but a colleague asked to swap so I was off Friday instead. This was better for me as more money on a Sunday and BH tomorrow so will be a nice pay packet at end of June.

Just listing some more things to sell on eBay have made a few quid these last few months so that's a plus :)

Starting SW again on Thursday as to be honest I've been totally off the rails I binge eat every day and I must get back on track!

Welly x
  • JLS1901
    Options
    So it's payday yey! Although no idea why I get excited as have hardly anything left after bills but anyway, I'm not back at work till Saturday, I've just moved the money I will use for fuel and the food shop into separate bank accounts, this is easier for me to keep track, then I leave the rest of the bills to come out my bill account.

Trying to check weather SFE have received my application is as usual like pulling teeth. It stresses me out so much! Especially after my first degree when they weren't gonna pay me my finance as they believed I'd lied about my dad dying and being an independent student but thankfully a letter to my local MP sorted it out even if it was 2 months into term, never want to experience anything like that again.

It shouldn't have to be so hard and traumatic just to get funding your entitled too. The system is useless, 5 years after I first applied for SF I still can't make an online account to do my application, so have to do a paper form it's ridiculous!

Anyway off to see my aunt and uncle for the day, then SW meeting tonight, and as bad as it is I'm gonna claim my free dominoes pizza tonight as a new store has opened in town, do my food shop all ready for being 100% on SW tomorrow :)

Welly x
  • JLS1901
    Options
    So I didn't make it to SW last night, I went on a 10 mile walk with my aunt and it was lovely, I can't justify paying for SW I have tried it before but I don't get some of it, it seems overly complicated.

I'm just going to meal plan more and be more active, I've done it before and I can do it again!!

Going to spend the afternoon looking for jobs near uni hoping I can find something ad hoc to fit in around my job now so I will have something sorted that I can just get on with in September.

Welly x
  • bloomfield89
    Options
    Good luck with your degree! I work with occupational therapists on a daily basis, they are fab :)
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Well not much to report, except a nice £1600 fine from HMRC for not filling in a return in 2016. I've filled in the return and was due a refund of £407 which has been taken off, so now I just owe £1,192.

I have sent an appeal but not expecting to win it, I should have done it at the time but that was when my relationship broke down and I couldn't go back to my ex partners home.

So another nice number to add to the debt.. how the hell I'm going to survive the next 3 years I'm not sure but I'll find a way... waiting to hear from a few job applications near to my new place so fingers crossed!!

Welly x
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Aww that sucks on the fine fingers crossed your appeal is successful xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure