New place, fresh start..

Options

Comments

• JLS1901
    JLS1901 Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hey Wellylass! Good to see ya!

Looking at your SOA it seems your car HP is the biggest 'luxury' expense in terms of bills going out each month, you pay more for your car than for your groceries. Is it on an HP scheme or PCP (if so, will you have a balloon payment at the end)? xx

Hi Sauce, Yes it's on HP, I know it's a luxury but a car is an essential round here.

A plus is that from next week our shifts will be going to 11.5 hour shifts which means an extra day off in the week off so will look for a few more hours somewhere. Also means extra weekend hours worked so that will be a bit extra.

I guess upping my income is the only option I have, luckily will be going away again for 2 weeks at lambing time so that money will pay a chunk of the card off.

Welly x
    :wave:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Sauce, Yes it's on HP, I know it's a luxury but a car is an essential round here.

A plus is that from next week our shifts will be going to 11.5 hour shifts which means an extra day off in the week off so will look for a few more hours somewhere. Also means extra weekend hours worked so that will be a bit extra.

I guess upping my income is the only option I have, luckily will be going away again for 2 weeks at lambing time so that money will pay a chunk of the card off.

Welly x

Know what you mean, I have a car on PCP because I had no spare cash for a car and the PCP deal was interest free so I chose that over a loan or HP (which had higher monthly payments)... Can't be without a car in the countryside unfortunately!
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Know what you mean, I have a car on PCP because I had no spare cash for a car and the PCP deal was interest free so I chose that over a loan or HP (which had higher monthly payments)... Can't be without a car in the countryside unfortunately!

It's hard isn't it, I had an older car but it was costing so much in maintenance and insurance etc as much as this is costing me a month to pay for it's cheaper to run and keep.

Doesn't help I'm now in a relationship and spend my days off with my fella. He lives an hour and a half away too so not even like he is local, but he's amazing and he understands things which is fab :)

I'm back to work tomorrow, just got back from OH gonna have a shower and a lazy day. I'm on a diet and having just shakes felt great up until now but I now feel horrific :(

Welly x
  • System
    Options
    Oh no! Doesn't sound like the diet is agreeing with you, could you fill up on healthy fruit and veggies to assist?

Yeah same here! I was piling money in to my car and it just kept being mutinous and dying elsewhere! I wish I lived somewhere with better public transport but alas it's rubbish (Norfolk), I'm also used to the freedom of a car now!

New fella sounds great!! Really pleased to hear... When are you off lambing?
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Oh no! Doesn't sound like the diet is agreeing with you, could you fill up on healthy fruit and veggies to assist?

Yeah same here! I was piling money in to my car and it just kept being mutinous and dying elsewhere! I wish I lived somewhere with better public transport but alas it's rubbish (Norfolk), I'm also used to the freedom of a car now!

New fella sounds great!! Really pleased to hear... When are you off lambing?

To be honest I could just sack it off and go back to calorie counting, I follow a page on facey with a couple who are straight talking and honest and to join their group it's a few pounds a month and it works. No fads no faffing just calorie counting, macros and some exercise yet here I am on a stupidly low amount of calories, feeling awful wondering why I'm paying money I don't have for some shakes I don't really like! I'm such an idiot.

Thank you! He's a good one, I feel very lucky :)

That won't be till the beginning of April but least I know it's something to look forward to and the money will be a plus!

I'm so annoyed with myself tonight. Feeling like a failure all I want to do is eat and I'm questioning why I'm doing this to myself.

Welly x
  • System
    Options
    You are most definitely not a failure Wellylass! I get the same sometimes (we're similar in age if the 89 in your name is any clue!) and feel like I'm under so much pressure to be a certain way my social media is littered with *fitness gurus* who actually have 0 training and loads of free time to go to the gym. TBH I find a lot of these faddy diets useless and good old fashioned healthy eating and exercise is always at the crux of them. The facebook group sounds good, I find the whole macro thing a bit confusing so I'd benefit from something like that (however I'm transitioning to vegan (not a preachy one though) so feel like I wouldn't get much out of that stuff)

Anyway, I've digressed! You are not a failure at all - have something tasty for dinner!!
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Well I'm 8lb down in 2 and a half weeks so can't complain at that! I did a week on shakes then came to my senses I couldn't afford it so I've been doing some intermittent fasting and it seems to be working and I'm finding it very easy!

New shifts at work started Monday, so much better only having to do a 7 day fortnight :)

My car needs a service in the next few weeks luckily I got extra wages last month from Christmas and some overtime so I can pay for it and no need to put it on the credit card.

I'm gonna list some things online to sell this week so hopefully make a bit more to go into my emergency fund.

I just feel so much pressure on myself. I almost regret the degree I did and wish I'd done something else, I can't go and do another degree as I'd not get funding. Then lately I've been thinking about how much I'd like to have kids in the future and that's something relatively new for me.. maybe my mind is kicking in that I'll soon be 30! but then how can I think like that when I don't have a career or a good job for security.

I'm rambling now, I don't want to have kids tomorrow but I know I do in the future. Why is life so complicated.

Off to go for a walk and clear my head.

Welly x
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Well it's very very snowy here today in North Yorkshire. Luckily I'm off work, back tomorrow for 3 long days tho which I'm not looking forward too.

Think I've finally hit rock bottom money wise as much as I've wanted to clear my debt I've still been spending stupidly and putting stuff on CC :(

I guess the pressure to do things and go places hasn't helped and I don't have many friends so spending has been a crutch somewhat.

If I don't sort myself out soon I'm heading into a big mess.

I'm off to try work out a plan and probably cry a bit.

Denial is a horrible thing.

Welly x
  • JLS1901
    Options
    So I have been plodding along paying off a bit on the cards here and there, I've started matched betting so I have made a few hundred there which will go towards the card.

Boyfriend is hinting at me moving in which I am seriously going to consider. I have nothing to loose, if things work out cool if not I will go back to renting a room.

I have also made the decision to apply for uni in September to study Occupational therapy, if I get a place at the uni I want I will be able to commute from the OHs place.

Even tho it's a second degree I will get funding as its an exception.

I feel like if I don't do this now I will have regrets.

If I don't get a place I will stay in my current job till I can find something closer to my OH then move over then.

Welly x
  • JLS1901
    Options
    So lots has happened since my last update, I applied for uni, got an interview and got a place for this September..

I'm still plodding along paying off the debt, I now have a £500 emergency fund in place and I'm throwing as much as I can at my debt every month.

I obviously will have to move in September to start my degree, I've decided to rent a room in the city even tho my OH asked me to move in as I feel it will be better to get settled and sort myself out plus will be easier than having to commute in winter. This obviously will be as cheap as I can manage.

I'm hoping once I get confirmation of my student loan I will give up my flat asap, then I will stay at my mums the days I'm at work then boyfriends when I'm off and I plan on staying in my job for as long as possible.

Exciting but scary times ahead :)

Welly x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills