IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Penalty Charge Notice - confused!

Options
Hi all. I've come to realise that there have been some changes to the "industry" recently. I've read loads of stuff on MSE, but there's so much information I'm not sure what (if anything) I should do next....

Apparently I'm not allowed to insert a link to this post - what's the best way of showing you guys the letter? I've uploaded it to flickr.

Can anyone help!?

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

then return and ask questions if needed
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Is it really a PENALTY charge notice you've received? If yes, get thee to Pepipoo - we focus here on PARKING charge notices.
  • plapspank
    plapspank Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Pappa Golf...

My PCN is from Total Parking Solutions Ltd, who are a BPA member. But I have now received a letter from the "solicitors" - Wright Hassall. Has it gone too far for me to appeal with Total Parking Solutions Ltd? Do I now need to deal with the solicitors?
  • plapspank
    Options
    It's a Parking Charge Notice - sorry if I mislead!
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    why did you get the ticket?

what type of car park was it?

ie: residential car park at my home with no permit, shopping centre and overstay/outside marked bay/left site/pay and display no ticket displayed?

and so on, all have a breathing on what advice you will be offered and what your best course of action would be
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • plapspank
    Options
    Hi Half_way

It was a car park outside an NHS walk-in centre (PO3 6DW). It was night, and the driver - whoever that was ;) obviously didn't spot any signs because it was an emergency. Just looked on Google and it's a pay and display car park.

Would it help if I shared the letter with you? I still can't attach images or links in my posts.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    was the car park part of the nhs site, was the driver visiting the nhs facilities?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • plapspank
    Options
    I'm not sure if it is part of the NHS site - I can check.

Yes, the driver was visiting the NHS site.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    plapspank wrote: »
    Hi Half_way

It was a car park outside an NHS walk-in centre (PO3 6DW). It was night, and the driver - whoever that was ;) obviously didn't spot any signs because it was an emergency. Just looked on Google and it's a pay and display car park.

Would it help if I shared the letter with you? I still can't attach images or links in my posts.

You can upload redacted images to a web hosting site such as tinypic or photobucket, then post the URL here but change http to hxxp. Someone here will then change it back to a live link.

What was the timeline of events please
    Date of alleged event? Was there a windscreen ticket?
    Date NTK received?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • plapspank
    Options
    hxxps://flic.kr/p/RH7qiJ

Alleged event was 14th Dec 2016
    No windscreen ticket
    My original letter from Total Parking Solutions Ltd is at home, so I'll check the date on that when I get home
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure