New TSB Online Banking - Differences

Options

Comments

• jbryce
    jbryce Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Differences:

The old one worked, the new one doesn't do anything other than display balances and error messages.
    It also doesn't show my credit card in the mobile app, just the current account.

Fortunately, I don't actually use it any more, but I left the account open with some money in it as an emergency backup.

The credit cards in my wallet are
    Amex - gives me 0.5% cashback on the fist £3000 and 1% thereafter, I use that most of the time, and I get to the 1% band in about month 4.
    Nationwide Select - gives me 0.25% cashback, I use that in places that don't accept Amex
    Santander Zero - I use that whenever there's rewards offers for a shop I would go to anyway, there's Waitrose every two months or so, and sometimes Morrisons; and also for foreign currency purchases.
    TSB has no compelling reason for me to use it

I used monzo.me and starling settleup to move my emergency funds out by debit card transaction. That might be a useful tip for other people who have bills to pay and can't get access to their money.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It looks incredibly similar to before.
    That's probably by design! The upgrade was not because they wanted to make a new better interface, but get off old legacy systems that cost and so they were probably hoping for a seamless transition.
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If only I could log on and find out. Locked out, site down. TSB Business acc.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The mobile app is working fine for me, but I now can't log in on the Web (having done so successfully earlier today). It just tells me my User ID or Password is wrong - they are both definitely correct.

When I try to reset my password, the OTP phone call never comes through. The first time I tried, the phone rang, but went dead immediately when I answered. On subesquent attempts, the phone hasn't even rung. Tried 4 times now with the same result.

I've also noticed several typos on the Web site, which doesn't inspire much confidence, and prompted me to double check I was actually on the real TSB site.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    The mobile app is working fine for me, but I now can't log in on the Web (having done so successfully earlier today). It just tells me my User ID or Password is wrong - they are both definitely correct.

When I try to reset my password, the OTP phone call never comes through. The first time I tried, the phone rang, but went dead immediately when I answered. On subesquent attempts, the phone hasn't even rung. Tried 4 times now with the same result.

I've also noticed several typos on the Web site, which doesn't inspire much confidence, and prompted me to double check I was actually on the real TSB site.

It won't let me delete a standing order online (says password hasn't got enough characters!) so won't even let me click the confirm button (I've managed it on the app). And when I try to change my password online, it also says my existing password is not long enough so won't let me change it.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Payments made on a weekend now show as the date the payment was made rather than the next working day. It would be interesting to know whether standing orders are now going out on a weekend.
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2018 at 3:13PM
    Options
    I tried to use the Website it's rubbish compared to the old site.

When your search for paper statements it finds nothing
  • bob792
    bob792 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    now can't log in on the Web (having done so successfully earlier today). It just tells me my User ID or Password is wrong - they are both definitely correct. When I try to reset my password, the OTP phone call never comes through. The first time I tried, the phone rang, but went dead immediately when I answered. On subesquent attempts, the phone hasn't even rung. Tried 4 times now with the same result.

I'm not actually sure you needed to reset your password. My hunch is that telling us our User ID or Password is wrong is the site's way of saying they are busy and come back later. I haven't had more than 2 rejections in a row though before I got in. Don't know whether there is an upper cutoff when you definitely have to do a password reset.
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2018 at 3:24PM
    Options
    I don't know why but when i search for statements (If you want to order some) it say's no sheet available for this date range... Did work on the old site..

Also the site is so slow...
  • Missus_Hyde
    Missus_Hyde Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I can't sign in on my iPhone with "Touch ID", despite deleting and then reinstalling the mobile app.

At one point it wouldn't accept my passcode login either, although since reinstalling the app that seems to be working.

Online banking seems to be coming up now (although I haven't tried anything fancy with it, as we only use the accounts as savings accounts.)

The whole thing is very slow and clunky.:(
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure