Debt free living and looking to the future.

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank goodness DD was OK after the riding accident. The rice incident made me laugh too and reminded me of the time I got home from work to find DD had thrown away all my bags of rice as she thought she saw a rice weevil in one of them! I wasn't happy to say the least!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Thank goodness DD was OK after the riding accident. The rice incident made me laugh too and reminded me of the time I got home from work to find DD had thrown away all my bags of rice as she thought she saw a rice weevil in one of them! I wasn't happy to say the least!

Thanks Sun Addict,kids ah they do drive you nuts.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning, another muggy overcast day. We have already had one downpour so not hanging any washing out.

So far this morning I have emptied dishwasher, wrapped 3 ebay parcels and just got back from dropping them at post office. listed 5 items on ebay with a load more still to do and decluttered a box of paper work. Checked banking and still skint but hoping to not spend anything today.

Been good so far this morning and had fruit salad for breakfast, even went outside and picked some blueberries,still trying to eat from stores so lunch will be either sandwiches or beans on toast.
    Garlic chicken, new and salad for tea.

Going to try and get yesterdays to do list done, so have made a stat with ebay but really need to get on with the ironing. DD is at work later so will try and dig her rom out a bit and look for anything ebayable and DS has cricket tonight so will do the same with his room.

Have a good day xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Having a quick break from housework and having some lunch beef sandwich apple and a banana,really trying to make up for yesterdays bad choices.

I have been pottering outside whilst the rain holds off and tidied up a bit, picked some tomatoes and courgettes. Back inside and I have sorted royal mailsurvey stuff for next week, unloaded and loaded dishwasher, cleaned the windows and windowsill in my work room and put up some new voiles, looks much nicer but its a shame the rest of the room looks like a bomb has gone off as i'm storing half of the contents of the kitchen in there, plasterer is coming tomorrow so I have more stuff to dump as kitchen has to be total emptied.

I have also started the ironing and done about a quarter of it.
    DD has gone to work so going to have a tidy up in her room for half an hour and see if I can find a floor.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning.

Didn't get round to posting yesterday, had a mad surge of energy and gave the living room and bathroom a good clean.

Builders came and did some work in the kitchen, just looks like a bomb has gone off but DH assures me progress is being made. priced up some beautiful wall tiles but they would cost over £1000 :eek:for the space we are tiling, so gone back to the original ones I have seen which will be around £200 which is much more reasonable:D.

Did a small shop in aldi yesterday of £40 and sent DS to have his hair cut which was another £10.
    DS then tidied the garden, did some weeding and swept the drive, cost me £8 but at least he wasn't on his xbox and outside looks more presentable.

Banking done and I have £66 to last me until Tuesday when I get paid,all DD have gone out for the month and DH and DD are working this weekend. Might see if DS wants to go to the cinema or to the ice cream parlour, he will probably say no as it's not cool for a teenage boy to be seen out with mum, but at least if I ask he can't complain that I don't do anything with him.

Few surveys done this morning total of £4.50 redeemed in amazon vouchers, DS wants some Nike sliders for his hols, so i'm trying to save up enough vouchers to pay for them, think they are about £20.

Plans for today are not to spend any money, tidy bedroom, try and do all surveys that hit inbox, put a few ebay bits on.

Have a good day x
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a nice productive day! Hope you have a good one today xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you have a lovely day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    Sounds like a nice productive day! Hope you have a good one today xx
    Hope you have a lovely day

x

Thankyou ladies, same to you.xx
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon.

I have that end of month not quite payday feeling and a banging headache which I think is weather related and not drinking enough, it has also hit me that we go on hols in 4 weeks and due to being side tracked with the excitement of a new kitchen holiday spends are looking pitiful:(.
    I have £200 saved + 70 euros, have £60 sat in paypal but i'm going to need more funds:eek:, i'm waiting on £40 from a survey site but not sure if that will arrive in time, so looks like I need to pull my finger out and get ebaying.

Still trying to eat out of the freezer although I sent Dh to the shop yesterday for t-bags and he managed to pick up 4 packs of sausage meat for 50p a pack:D, these will be great for meatballs or sausage rolls. Tonights tea is frying steak in a bun, chips and salad.

DD is at work again today and looks as though she has quite a few shifts over the summer which is great not only moneywise but because she has split up with BF. her choice but still a bit sad. Apparently the only males she wants in her life are her horse and her dad and in that order:rotfl:, no mention of her brother.

Have a great weekend x
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sounds like you have a very sensible DD :p.

Good luck with earning more funds for hollibobs. Sure you will do it Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills