directunlocks.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Gszflo
    Options
    I have to agree with all the comments above. I needed to quickly unlock a spare phone before my daughter started back at school. At no point was it made clear that £12.99 was for a pre-check. The Google ad, website and even the order confirmation implied that £12.99 was the cost of the unlock. Once the order went through, I was quoted £1.99 for additional checks and £19.40 to release the code.

I wrote to the company, who just kept refer
  • Gszflo
    Options
    I have to agree with all the above comments.

I was in a rush to get a spare phone unlocked before my daughter started back at school.

At no point was it made clear that the £12.99 fee was for a "pre-check". The Google ad, website and even the order confirmation stated or implied that the phone would be unlocked for £12.99.

However, once my order was placed, I was quoted an additional £1.99 for recommended further checks, plus £19.40 to release the unlock code.

I did not progress any further.

I have complained, but their responses keep referring back to their T&Cs.

I have raised a complaint with of misrepresentation with Google AdWords, and will also write to the ASA.

I doubt very much that any phone can be unlocked for the advertised £12.99.
  • Schneewittchen
    Options
    Apparently, there is an ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) Ruling upheld on Direct Unlocks - I suggest we increase the pressure and all report 'our story' the authorities as well. Just google ASA and Direct Unlocks and you will find the official report on their website (I cannot add links here)

This just cannot go on ...
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Apparently, there is an ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) Ruling upheld on Direct Unlocks - I suggest we increase the pressure and all report 'our story' the authorities as well. Just google ASA and Direct Unlocks and you will find the official report on their website (I cannot add links here)

This just cannot go on ...

They have been reported.. to ASA..
  • BigMax
    BigMax Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 1 November 2018 at 4:04PM
    Options
    Say Hi to another victim of Direct Unlocks.

Sad thing is I work in online marketing and spend my days tackling this sort of thing, and even I got caught out.

Only after I'd paid my £12.99 did I see that they wanted another £64.99.

Happily, I checked with the carrier – Vodafone – on another matter, to be told that they didn't want anything from me to unlock the phone since I'd had it for longer than 6 months and the account was in good standing.

Only now have I seen the obvious fake reviews on Trustpilot, the ASA ruling, and all the pain and misery on this thread.

Needless to say I've complained to Google for allowing this bunch of chancers to rerun their ASA-highlighted shenanigans in a position 1 PPC ad, but my guess is that big G will be happy that they've got their cut and nothing more will be done.

At least it's only cost me 13 quid!

m
  • THE_PHAROE
    Options
    I want to unlock my daughter iphone 7 so I searched and found this company which basses here in UK and advertising that they will do it for 12.99£ I made my order and provided them all the information, then I received another email from them saying that I need to pay 29.99£ to receive the code.
    I wrote to them back asking for full refund, which I don't think will happened, and when made a little search at the internet I discovered that loads of people were trapped by the same company.
    I am very disappointed of myself, and waiting their reply back or other wise I'll report them:mad: to ASA and I might take them to court to stop what they are doing to the innocent people.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ask for a refund from your bank if they don't refund within a few working days. Note the working days because of the holiday period.
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bit weird this one.

Trustpilot seems to have generally either five star reviews (often despite saying they are very expensive and could be fake, but not obviously so to me) or one star reviews (citing the extra charge).

Direct unlocks' response to some one stars state that the extra charge is called out before you pay.

I couldn't see it when I pretended I needed to unlock, nor any terms and conditions. The only t&cs were those of the company transacting the payment on the page you enter your card details (which was where I stopped).

If I'd been caught out, I'd be onto my cc company for not getting what I paid for.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • THE_PHAROE
    Options
    :mad:Avoid avoid and avoid don't deal with this Scumbags, .directunlocks.
    Here is the trek : you well pay 12,99£ then few days later they will ask you to pay 20£ to complete the purchase, if you did the same mistake for the second time they will ask you for the third time for another amount, then they will never send you anything or they will send you General information you can get from any website for free.
    Be careful they are scamming everyone and don't believe all the good reviews in Trustpilot.com it's all fake.
  • DiXy
    DiXy Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    They advertise an unlocking service for $17.99 specifically for my phone model and carrier. After I paid that, they wrote me saying that they have contacted my carrier with the details of my specific device, who told them that my device was indeed eligible. However, they asked for an additional $42 to unlock it (and no refund possible for the $17.99). I paid the additional amount, and a few days later they wrote me saying that they were not able to unlock the phone, and they would only refund the money if I sent them proof of purchase for my device. After I sent the proof of purchase, they replied that they will not reimburse the money, but only offer credit towards another unlock (which we already know does not work anyway).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback