Cheap and reliable online pet supplies

Options
Can I start a thread hopefully to become a sticky?
When I want to buy something, I like to compare all places first and keep forgetting where to look. Places are mentioned in lots of threads but one has to read through lenghthy posts.
How about I start by saying who I've used and then people can PM for other ones to be added so that basically all places to look at are in one short post:
So far I've used the top 5:
www.vetuk.co.uk
www.pet-supermarket.co.uk
www.petmeds.co.uk
www.petplanet.co.uk
https://www.zooplus.co.uk
www.pets2home.co.uk
www.petdispensary.co.uk
www.puppyluvsme.co.uk
www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk/
www.wormers.co.uk
www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk
www.sphsupplies.co.uk
www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk
www.hyperdrug.co.uk
www.dogtraininginfo.co.uk
www.landywoods.co.uk

Comments

• superdon
    superdon Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pets2home.co.uk are very good, free delivery over £40 and quick too.

Edit - oops sorry. you can add this to the list and delete this post if you like. sorry.
  • saverone
    saverone Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Could add www.petdispensary.co.uk to the list as I have just saved over £100 on there buy one get one free offer on Cosequin, can't fault there prices and service, posted it all free too!
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pet supermarket have given me nothing but grief!

Bought a dog cage for my Dad (Dad's dog, not my Dad) paid the £2.oo next day delivery, but they didn't ship it till the next day (it was ordered at 10am, so no excuse) and it turned up 2 days late. Phoned up to get delivery charge back, said they would send a voucher, they never did.

Realised it was too small, so enquired about returns. Got a really !!!!!y woman on the phone who was no help at all. Ended up ordering a larger one, assured that it would be shipped in time, it turned up 3 days late.

Emailed them with the complaint and they agreed to collect the first cage free of charge, refund it and give me a £10 voucher.

That was last week, and guess what? Still waiting on the refund, all the while interest is building up on that payment as I paid by credit card.

I will use my £10 voucher, and after that I will never go near them again.

update, September - still no refund! Now in the hands of the credit card company who will refund my Dad and chase pet supermarket for the refund.
  • Bendybops19
    Bendybops19 Posts: 11,212 Forumite
    Options
    i have nothing but praise for vetuk. I know alot of siamese cat breeders and they all swear by it too. So a big thumbs up for me!
    :starmod: :staradmin :starmod:
    I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my knickers
    :starmod: :staradmin :starmod:
  • ponsuk
    ponsuk Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I bought Drontal and Frontline recently and found vet-medic the best on prices, even though I had a 5% discount voucher for petmeds. For specific puppy stuff try www.puppyluvsme.co.uk free delivery on food, free shipping on orders over £50, free bag of treats on orders over £15 and they donate a % of profit to Dog's Trust.
  • rita-rabbit
    rita-rabbit Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is an excellent thread

I would say pets supermarket are too expensive but generally online is much cheaper than supermarkets.

one I would add is: http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk/ - cheapest/dry food I have found for my cats & they are happier/healthier than they were on wet. Less cost, storage issues, litter cleaning & shopping trips for me too.

Argos is good for catflap, timed feeders, bedding, bowls and covered litterbox
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ordered some Panacur from Wormers.co.uk was cheaper than else where ordered on Friday recieved monday.
  • SuiDreams
    Options
    Ordered some DAP from VetUK on Friday parcel recieved today and they have sent Feliway instead, went to contact them about this and only contact method seems to be by email, dos anyone have a phone number for them?
  • SuiDreams
    Options
    Update on VetUK, they have emailed to say they are sending out DAP and a prepaid envelope to send feliway back
  • bosco_tommy
    Options
    I usually purchase drontal for my dogs from BestPetPharmacy and cannot fault them at all. They regulate what drugs you are ordering and drontal tablets are £1.73 each! WOW - I would pay closer to £18 for my two at the vets! Cheek of them!

I also used to feed them on dry complete foods such as Royal Canine/Hills etc and would recommend ZooPlus for this.

I now feed them on Tripe and raw Mince Meat now (stick it in freezer) - which is a better natural diet for them i use www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk

Anyway... enough.

B & T x
    LBM (obviously energy saving) :idea: -- AUGUST 2007
    UP TO THE EYEBALLS (being optimistic) _pale_ -- August [strike]£238,102 [/strike] £218,256.68 but i do have a beautiful house, 2 dogs and an amazing OH
    SAVINGS :T -- August SKY Package cancelled = £276 (min) pa - I LOVE FREEVIEW :grinheart > £2 JAR = £4 > Greasypalm £4.41
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 636 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :cool:
    :jCOMP WINS:j
    August 2007 - Shrek Beanie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family