PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th March 2018

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm sort of in; mainly decluttering Spaniel walkies this week, methinks. It was very wet walkies this morning - not that Lizzie cared. :o

My head's a total shed right now, so will use an OpenOffice document to type then cut'n'paste, so if this makes no sense, that's why. It could actually be quite surreal, as I'm currently using the pc which is set up for Mr LW's preference; ie the mouse is set right-handed, so I keep clicking the wrong mouse button.:D

Dancemum healing vibes heading for Dancepops.

Dizzy Sometimes the coin lands just how we want it to. Well done on grabbing the bull by the horns. I hope to the gods things resolve themselves peacefully, you don't deserve this sort of heartache.

Roundtuit the teacup Yorkie sounds fab; I'd be wanting to kidnap (?dognap) her.:o
    Btw, looks like you could use a new keyboard. I know the feeling, the comma doesn't work properly on my laptop; I have to keep tapping at it til finally it decides to work; and I'm a tad obsessive about punctuation, so a non-functioning comma causes me much distress. Ah, now I've read further on, I see you have a workaround. Excellent.

Mademoiselle I too am f**ling to lose even an ounce of my excess lard. To make it worse, Mr LW has completely lost his "tummy" as he called it; to the extent that I don't want him losing any more, as being too thin is also not healthy. So I can't go the "we can lose weight together" route any more.

Piggers large dose of anti-barf vibes heading in the general direction of your place.

Ok, I have a hungry DH - it's tommy soup again tonight, as yet again I have a mouthful of ulcers (including a load under my top plate - big ouchy) so I need soft food. Lucky for me Mr LW loves HM tommy soup!
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,782 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    the thread has gone w-i-d-e
    anyhoo zero flying done because I forgot to switch washer on. so nothing to TD and cetainly not enough to DW

missed 5:30 SW so am aiming for 7:30. Jacket spud in oven ready for my return.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One...
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe worksurfaces[/STRIKE]
    Scrub down the front of units and large appliances
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Sweep and mop the floor[/STRIKE]
    Wipe and replace small appliances
    Clean oven [STRIKE]and hob[/STRIKE]
    Wash windows and sills
    Level Three...
    [STRIKE]Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary[/STRIKE]
    Degunge the fridge!
    Extras
    • Thoroughly clean the cupboard full of tins!
    • [STRIKE]Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle[/STRIKE]
    • Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    • Wipe a shelf or 3 and staighten all the stuff on them.
    Only bare minimum today

“You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Kitchen tidied, floor swept, dw on, rubbish out. Over flowing kitchen drawer turned out and restacked. How many tea towels does one house need??

Now sat with a cuppa and contemplating my knitting.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    the thread has gone w-i-d-e

oh thank goodness it's not just me! What with disfunctional keyboards and w-i-d-e threads I was thinking of flinging this laptop! Against the wall ;)

Back to the paid stuff tomorrow but I'm planning on a little flying each evening to build on last week 's achievements :D Smiles at clear dust-free tv stand :cool:

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Using my tablet so this will be brief! Dizzy huge hugs my love. Let's hope this clears the air a bit. Its easy to lose that sense of working as a team when there is so much going on and this can cause a lot of friction.

Pigpen you are amazing. There I have said it and I am not deleting it. I would be round to deal with sicky kids and help with laundry if I was nearby.

Tired. Gym, paid stuff, shopping, paid stuff. Same old. DH has had to cancel work yet again because of the weather but at least he fed everyone!
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone :D

Well I don't know what was wrong with me today but from the time I got up this morning, 6.30am I didn't stop until about 1pm. It was really weird as I just wanted to clean..yep you all heard that right..lol

So anyway I popped on Spotify, cranked up the sound and got cleaning :D Unfortunately DH was working from home so bless him, he had to shut his office door shut as he couldn't make phone calls due to the music being a wee bit loud...lol

But the upshot of all this is I have a lovely clean kitchen, a very full recycling bin and a fair bit thrown away and tidied up :D It actually looks nice too..I'm quite proud of it :D Plus I was pottering around in the rest of the house too.. Good job too as my cleaner isn't coming till Wednesday now..:D At least she might have some cleaning to do otherwise she wouldn't have anything to do tomorrow..lol

Feeling really pleased that there is only one thing on Monday's list to be done, and that is going to be done on Friday. And I've even done some of Tuesday's list too :D

Going to iron DH's work shirts for the next couple of days, then grab some toast for tea, and the remainder of last night's homemade apple crumble for supper :D

Hugs and spoons to everyone, hope you are all ok :)

Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One...
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe worksurfaces
    Scrub down the front of units and large appliances[/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Sweep[/STRIKE] and mop the floor - mopping to be done Tuesday :D
    [STRIKE]Wipe and replace small appliances
    Clean oven and hob
    Wash windows and sills
    [/STRIKE]Level Three...
    [STRIKE]Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary[/strike]
    Degunge the fridge! - to be done on Friday :D
    Extras
      [STRIKE]
    • Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle
    • Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    • Wipe a shelf or 3 and staighten all the stuff on them.[/STRIKE]

Twinkly Tuesday ~ master bedroom and landing
    Level One...

Make the bed...
    Clear the floordrobe
    [STRIKE]Clear the landing of gibble[/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Dust and deweb[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wash the windows[/STRIKE]
    Vacuum the floors.. and the mattress before remaking the bed
    Level Three...
    Strip and wash the bedding
    Wipe any grotty paintwork and furniture
    [STRIKE]Check those smoke alarms![/STRIKE]
    Extras
    • Binbag dance
    • HHI
    • [STRIKE]15 minutes filing[/STRIKE]
    • Fill a binbag of old winter stuff for charity shop!!
    • 15 minutes in the garden dead heading or pruning... only if it!!!8217;s not raining
    • HHI
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Options
    Pigpen you are amazing. There I have said it and I am not deleting it. I would be round to deal with sicky kids and help with laundry if I was nearby.

Lol.. I'm really not.. My house is all upside down and my life is in wiggles.. I have got the washing done.. but drying it is proving awkward... the rain here today has been non-stop and I have a monster gas bill so I daren't use the dryer (I know that runs on electric!.. but it is money still ).. My house looks like a laundry!

But thank you.. One day I will be amazing.. for now I am content with no vomit for 8 hours!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • AnniMag
    AnniMag Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pigpen Re your gas bill have you had your meter changed in the last couple of years?There is a known problem with large bills for people who have.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Options
    AnniMag wrote: »
    Pigpen Re your gas bill have you had your meter changed in the last couple of years?There is a known problem with large bills for people who have.

yes about 3 months ago when they got huge.. I am refusing to pay it until they sort it out
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts