Ebay Fraud

Options

Comments

• Jackkflash
    Options
    with my card according to ebay and halifax
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    I have contacted the seller regarding a return but now I cant even view the sellers profile leading me to believe they dont exist anymore.

What would happen in this case is, you open a return request, and after (it used to be 7 days but I think it's now 5), you can ask eBay to step in. I can't see how a seller disappearing would alter this?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,295 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What would happen in this case is, you open a return request, and after (it used to be 7 days but I think it's now 5), you can ask eBay to step in. I can't see how a seller disappearing would alter this?

It shouldn't alter buyer rights at all. I wonder if 'disappeared' actually means non responsive?

OP can you see anything at all in your eBay purchases, I assume there's something if you have been able to contact the seller.

My thoughts are (assuming you can't see the purchase) that your 'hacker' has either deleted the purchase from your order history - which is possible to hide the fact they bought something without permission, or this isn't an eBay purchase. Your bank don't consider this fraudulent which suggests that there is something that leads them to believe it was used by someone close to you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Jackkflash wrote: »
    with my card according to ebay and halifax

How did they get your card?

How old is your daughter. Have you asked her if she has made the order?
    16:16 Reply from seller to fraud stating the delivery is going to paypal address.
    27/11/2018

If there is a "Paypal address" then the buyer paid through Paypal.
    00:04 Email from myself to ebay showing the new address has been used in other previous fraudulent purchases.

I thought you said they hadn't changed the address? Where is this "new" address and how do you know there are "other previous fraudulent purchases".

Not a lot of this makes any sense.
  • Jackkflash
    Options

Ebay said [FONT=&quot]“Please understand we are not able to contact the seller on your behalf however you can email the seller that their item is in your possession and you’d like a refund in exchange.”[/FONT]
  • Jackkflash
    Options
    How did they get your card?

How old is your daughter. Have you asked her if she has made the order?

I thought you said they hadn't changed the address? Where is this "new" address and how do you know there are "other previous fraudulent purchases".

Not a lot of this makes any sense.

I am assuming they got it from my ebay account.

26 and she didn't, i've checked. I also doubt she would have attempted to change the address to Leicester.

Ebay said "Unfortunately you wont be able to receive purchase protection for this item because you paid using other payment method other then paypal this is the reason why my colleague from phones advised you to file a dispute this charged with your financial institution/bank" exact wording, I am aware of the lack of grammar.

The address is in Leicester and is mentioned on community.ebay.co.uk under the search Hackett
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,295 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jackkflash wrote: »
    I am assuming they got it from my ebay account.

26 and she didn't, i've checked. I also doubt she would have attempted to change the address to Leicester.

Ebay said "Unfortunately you wont be able to receive purchase protection for this item because you paid using other payment method other then paypal this is the reason why my colleague from phones advised you to file a dispute this charged with your financial institution/bank" exact wording, I am aware of the lack of grammar.

The address is in Leicester and is mentioned on community.ebay.co.uk under the search Hackett

eBay and PayPal aren't linked now, so the reference to PayPal makes no sense at all, are you getting confused somewhere?

What new address? you said they couldn't change the address and that you have the iPad.

I also do not understand your reference to Hackett ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Jackkflash
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    eBay and PayPal aren't linked now, so the reference to PayPal makes no sense at all, are you getting confused somewhere?

What new address? you said they couldn't change the address and that you have the iPad.

I also do not understand your reference to Hackett ?

The reference to pay pal is in the direct quote from ebay

Hackett is the name of the road in the change of the address
  • TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Options
    You should be able to open a returns case & once delivered you will be refunded
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,336 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

The seller could be confused/using 'paypal address' as a generic for the address given on confirming payment.

Was the ipad worth what was paid? Do you think the seller was genuine?
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport