Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on getting the paperwork sorted for the house Cheery :j I've downloaded the forms and taken one look at them and immediately felt out of my depth! :rotfl: Why is it you can feel reasonably intelligent and have half a grasp on things until you encounter Gubberment *legalese* :rotfl::rotfl: I must get on and have another bash - the 'guidance' helped a little bit, but it's still confusing :o:D I think the ID is the best form - 6 pages, but you only have to fill in one bit and get a piccy or two taken :D

Greying x
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    It is indeed QUITE ludicrous nonsense Greying. I confess I struggled myself until a pal helped me out :o Don't give up though, it's worth it in the end! :D :j

Quite vexed with myself this evening - in an uncharacteristic fit of tidiness I chucked my birthday cards in the recycling at the weekend before the bin was collected - and have just realised (AFTER the bin's been collected) that my mum bought me a garden centre voucher and I'd left it stapled to the card! :mad: Most annoying :( Going to have to go and spend the same amount in the garden centre now anyway but it really is Most Annoying!

Combine that with the soggy-pasta-for-tomorrow's-lunch episode wittered about on Greying's thread and I fear tonight is best written off as 'hormonal and tired' and I might as well curl up on the sofa right now and not even try to do anything else :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Distracting myself with some viewing of ludicrous houses :D

Thought this might do us

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49742386.html

There's just the small matter of an extra '0' to knock off the end of the cheque - surely nobody will notice that's missing? :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Afternoon chums :hello:

Cheery day here :)

Had a two hour skype tutorial with my diploma tutor this morning - utterly lovely to spend all that time nattering about what I'd been doing - although I imagined I'd be half way through by this point and I'm nowhere near :rotfl: However, I am doing well and there's not really a time limit so it's all good :j

Then spent some time sat in the garden with a cuppa and a backlog of magazines that had come through the door/ been picked up in charity shops (and the new Country Living :o ) Lovely and sunny, and finally got round to painting my nails too :j (not particularly peaceful mind you as someone over the road is sandblasting their entire house :eek: :rotfl: )

Now I'm up in the attic trying to make some semblance of order of piles of paperwork, wool, fabric, cards, things cut out of magazines, greetings cards, medals, beads, sheet music, photographs - NONE of which I can blame on Mr Cheery, and ALL of which is my responsibility :eek: :eek:

Quite overwhelming :o but one bin bag is already in the bin, I've got a box full of recycling, and another box full of stuff to shred (but no shredder :rotfl: )

Tonight we're off out for dinner to celebrate our new shared house ownership :j :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Afternoon lovely people :hello:

Found us a new house:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40128946.html

:D
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon lovely people :hello:

Found us a new house:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40128946.html

:D

Cheery - which 'wing' would you plump for? And would it raise *issues* if one of the chimmneys was found to be taller than t'other? ......... :rotfl:

The *forms* are still glowering at me from the corner of the office...... :o:rotfl:

Greying x
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: Quite like the idea of there being an atrium and a snug and a games room :D

Get on with them Greying!! :D PM me if you can't figure out what to stick in which box :o :rotfl:

I need to print and fill in the one for the leaseholding people, whatever you call them.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I *so* want an atrium :j you can stretch the mortgage, surely :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    maybe if we pool all our resources together, we can live in a big MSE commune?:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    :rotfl: you lot :D Sadly in real life I am FAR too anti social for a commune :D :rotfl: Mind you, with a whole separate wing to put everyone else in I might just manage :D :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lovely weekend :j Diploma tutorial via Skype on Friday, very inspiring, then lots of pottering and sitting in the garden and me and Mr Cheery went out for THE nicest curry EVER :j :j

Flute choir on Saturday, an afternoon of house sorting, then a free trip to the theatre in the evening :j

And then yesterday drove over to Delamere Forest and did the race for life thingy with family folks :j :j Very jolly :j :j

Joined in Mr Cheery's tub-related enthusiasm now and have purchased 30 plastic tubs from Poundland :D My fabric/wool/velcro etc stash is now neatly organised and labelled in 28 of them and stacked back under the eaves of the attic :j :j

Much better than being crammed into 3 overflowing mixed 'miscellaneous' boxes where I could never find anything! :j :j

Consequently LOVE the tub system and will be heading back to Poundland forthwith for some more :D :rotfl:

Work today though - fortunately at home and it's raining anyway so I don't really mind as much :D And I'm starting the day with a trip to cheery office pal's house to sort some stuff for an upcoming conference :j

Have a cheery one folks! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport