PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    See? The Fates wanted you to have More Bookcasing.

It doesn't do to try to thwart them.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm afraid books don't really grab my attention unless they are travel guides for somewhere I'm thinking of going on holiday. Spent too much time having to read stuff at uni and then at work for it to be a pleasure these days:(

MY weakness is black trousers :o I'm always on the look out for the perfect pair. To this end I must have at least 25 pairs, all different fabrics, leg lengths and widths, pockets in different places, high waisted, low rise etc etc. They really could do with a wardrobe of their own! So, what did I buy today, ahem, a pair of Autograph, slim legged black trousers in a lovely fabric, hardly worn, £3 in the community chazza.

Does anyone else have something that they just cannot resist buying??
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A trip to Cleobury then Ludlow for son and me today.

Blue Seasalt top for me, almost a smock -£3.

Turquoise blue Superdry hoodie for son

Pinkish cotton Fatface shorts for son
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I like Saezalt , there's a shop near me sells it but I usually resist as it is pricey!
    Nice find.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Got 2 pairs of M&S trousers for £3 each. Will wear them for temp work.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    I'm afraid books don't really grab my attention unless they are travel guides for somewhere I'm thinking of going on holiday. Spent too much time having to read stuff at uni and then at work for it to be a pleasure these days:(

MY weakness is black trousers :o I'm always on the look out for the perfect pair. To this end I must have at least 25 pairs, all different fabrics, leg lengths and widths, pockets in different places, high waisted, low rise etc etc. They really could do with a wardrobe of their own! So, what did I buy today, ahem, a pair of Autograph, slim legged black trousers in a lovely fabric, hardly worn, £3 in the community chazza.

Does anyone else have something that they just cannot resist buying??

I'm like that with dark blue, straight leg denims. However many I have (totally lost count these days) if I spot a nice pair and they are less than a fiver they find their way home with me.

So many rails of denims only have stupidly flared or "boot cut" ones (why so much "boot cut", when we only wear boots for a few months of the year?), ones that hang from the hips instead of the waist and have a tiny three-inch zip, pre-faded, pre-creased or pre-ripped ones, ones with sparkly stuff on them, ones with really wide unflattering legs... How hard is it to produce the perfect pair of denims that suits most women? :rotfl:

I tend to buy ones that fit well everywhere else, even if they are a bit too long, and consequently have a permanent pile of jeans waiting to be turned up!
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    I'm like that with dark blue, straight leg denims. However many I have (totally lost count these days) if I spot a nice pair and they are less than a fiver they find their way home with me.

So many rails of denims only have stupidly flared or "boot cut" ones (why so much "boot cut", when we only wear boots for a few months of the year?), ones that hang from the hips instead of the waist and have a tiny three-inch zip, pre-faded, pre-creased or pre-ripped ones, ones with sparkly stuff on them, ones with really wide unflattering legs... How hard is it to produce the perfect pair of denims that suits most women? :rotfl:

I tend to buy ones that fit well everywhere else, even if they are a bit too long, and consequently have a permanent pile of jeans waiting to be turned up!

That would be my No 2 obsession! I am so with you re the fit....why can't we find ones that fit to the waist, (so no 'muffin top'), nice slimmish legs without looking like the dreaded skintight 'jeggings, no twiddly bits like embroidery, a decent length zip that you don't catch your fingernails in, good quality dark plain denim, (no ice wash or stone wash, no rips, no fraying), a little stretch but not too much so we get a bit of support over the tummy area. Gawd, why don't the manufacturers listen to us??? Yonks ago M & S jeans & trousers fitted me perfectly now the waist is always too big by about 3 - 4 ins! Phew, feel better after that little rant....tee hee.:p

No 3 obsession.....plain white T shirts....!
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If it says made of 100% pure silk I can't resist it!
    Or pure wool in Winter.
    I like natural fabrics.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,677 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Artytarty I am still kicking myself for not buying a pure silk shawl I spotted in Oxfam in Ripon earlier this week! It had a peacock on it and, after much deliberating, I decided I couldn't visualise myself ever using it. I probably wouldn't have but still regret not buying it!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    Yonks ago M & S jeans & trousers fitted me perfectly now the waist is always too big by about 3 - 4 ins!
    Simple solution, eat more doughnuts :D
    Artytarty wrote: »
    If it says made of 100% pure silk I can't resist it!
    Or pure wool in Winter.
    I like natural fabrics.
    Me too, nothing synthetic. Unfortunately so do moths! I live in fear of unwanted vistors flying in through open windows and destroying stuff if I use a light at night time.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure