PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thursday pleasures,

Up early and at the yard by just gone 8, it’s so nice to have a route that avoids any kind of commuter traffic.

Fell off girlie, not exactly a pleasure but apart from being stiff and sore no damage done. A combination of spring grass and high spirits meant a very feisty pony but had to giggle at her horror when she realised I was no longer on board!

The treat of going out for lunch, found a warm spot in the sheltered pub garden so sat outside. The spaniel came too and was quietly fed chips under the table, she loves eating out :D

Thanks to above no evening meal for me to cook :j

Bed at 10pm, took a couple of Nytol and slept right through.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all from bright and sunny - and warmer outside than in - ICT

Thursday pleasures

1. Train journey ok - I 'adopted' a fairly elderly american man who was visiting the railway. deposited him on the platform having sorted him out and helped with accommodation recommendations.
    2. Did a bit of work, including finishing the marking
    3. Walk to station was pleasant in the sunshine
    4. food was good today - even though a fast day. Chocolate chia pudding with berries for brekkie, soup with rice cakes and a smear of goats cheese for lunch and Jack Monroe's veggie tagine for tea. Wasn't really hungry at all and in total about 700 calories :T
    5. Went to the Dambusters - was good to see it on the big screen and always happy to support the local, independent cinema

Have a good day all - having my first alcohol in a month tonight :beer:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Use rule of BoP number 16. On yer bike lad!

V Down at the mill again with the usual packed lunch box. Is FryDay so the weakened is upon again. Shall get bladdered, that way I will miss some event!

4 New mill next door! Downstream, and you know what that means. Damn their waters! First boss rule of thumb. Never turn up to work in a flash car as yous paid too much. Seems their boss has enough bling. Avoid!

3 Proper cricket on box of ogle tonight. Wobbleades shall be purchased. Please think of BoPsie as shes not paid again until end of June, if shes not get any money, she cant have any pudding!

2 This morning we had a snorker and best back for breakfast. And it was not even Satday either. Mushrooms and poached egg on toast was also had! Raffles was also fed!

In the mirror you only see what others see!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) A very naughty bourbon biscuit that I had with my tea this afternoon, it's been such a long time since I ate one I'd forgotten how yummy they are! I stopped at 1 mind!

2) A baby starling in amongst the 'pack' doing the lawn this morning, not quite got the hang of beak in the grass but was running round chasing flies and jumping up just like a kitten chases butterflies, so cute!

3) Lovely walk in the sun this afternoon with Cookie, down across the river fields and along the coastal paths then back to the village via a lovely tree lined avenue. Cookie has been clipped and was sporting a new bright red collar with diamente bows on it. Biggest giggle was imagining how that must have looked when He Who Knows walked her this morning, he's 6ft 4, grizzled, bearded and weatherbeaten from all his time out in the plots!

4) We got some new underbed storage boxes and all my winter gear is now stowed away neatly and my wardrobe is no longer crowded.

5) The oxeye daisies in the garden are beginning to open their eyes, my favourite flowers at this time of year, I love to see huge swathes of them when we drive down the motorways, beautiful.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Think DH is seeing counsellor.

Dug up half dead shrub in front garden.

Filled trough ready for planting salad/veg in back garden.

Watching the job centre on ch 4 catchup.

Daughter!!!8217;s final day at uni after four years.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,032 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2018 at 5:20PM
    Options
    A mix for both yesterday and today:
    I wasn!!!8217;t able to login while away but did read both your pleasures and sadness.

1 We have been in the welsh lands for a lovely breakaway, the great news our little animal who was given 2 days to live, 8 weeks ago is going strong and we are very happy.
    2 We had an amazing time and amazing weather for 2 dodgy days we explored and travelled to Brecon and explored.
    3 There were birthdays and anniversaries celebrated.
    4 We walked, explored, looked up all sorts of bugs, butterflies and plants every day.
    5 Picked up a pre loved antique bracelet which is stunning, has a lot of meaning to it and will be treasured. I do admit I needed a tea and talking into it because of its price but its the one.
    6 It is now gone midnight, and 2 loads of washing are hanging on the line working on the principle that it will be dry by the time we crawl out of bed.
    7 nice to sleep in our own bed.
    8 Up and set to on the gardens jungle, strimmed and scalped all and gathered up with animals playing in the cut grass.
    9 Various washing loads achieved and hung out.
    10 Ran out of steam and motivation made a cuppa, letting rush hour pass before commuting to the vets for the animals medicines. It is an hour each way and on a friday the traffic is always interesting.
    11 Already caught up with Dads best mate and arranged to met him next week, my aunt and uncle and DB not bad..
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another beautiful day here in my part of Scotland.

Doggy walk first thing. Just with Haggis old girl.

Went to slimming club. Lost a pound. Met a friend , had a good catch up with her.

Made lemon and elderflower cupcakes and mini meringues for tomorrow.

Went to meet some friends for lunch at cafe at local castle. Drove half way and then walked through the woods. Nice catch up. Had half a sandwich and a nice cake. Then when we left bumped into my son and very wet dog, who'd been swimming in the river. They got a lift home.

Cut the grass and could reach the bits at the far end of garden now I had my extension cable.

Then sat in the garden and read my library book. May have dozed but DN phoned me and woke me up!

One dilemma solved as its no longer available! Not meant to be!

Plumber came to see about new boiler. Should be done in next few weeks.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Friday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens well. Planted lettuce and radishes, watered and split some rhubarb to give to the lady that rents the allotment to me.

3) Arrived early at work because a teacher has given me three outside chairs. I didn't know what they would be like (deckchairs would have done) but they are very substantial wooden chairs that will lie back, and have green cushions!

4) Work went OK.

5) Took smaller son for a very much needed hair cut.

6) Sneaky McDs for their tea as bigger son was going out.

7) Watched lots of TV including Gogglebox.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    Options
    Friday pleasures,

Achey and sore after horse girlie and I parted company the day before but got better as the day went on.

Over to see DN and she gave me a facial, have been suffering from painful sinuses the last few days so she worked her magic on my sore face.

Dropped into horsey town to pick up something from Mr Sparks and they were putting out the RTC items, somehow two fresh strawberry tarts found their way into my basket :whistle:

Home and Capt S had changed the bed, so added pleasure of clean sheets to sink into.

There was still some light in the sky when headed up the stairs to Bedfordshire, we are hurtling towards summer solstice.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening another lovely day. Sun has been shining all day. Birds have been very vocal today.

I'm watching the highlights of the Royal Wedding as my viewing was constantly interrupted.

Lovely dog walk this morning . Both ladies were out! His old girl comes and gets us and then we meet his girlfriend when we are there. She's not always there so there's an excitement and anticipation to be felt when we get to the fields and he sees her!

Nipped to T and spent my vouchers, got 3 osteospernums.

Iced my cupcakes and filled my meringues and made some lemonade scones.

Was watching the start of proceedings when the niecely people arrived ...!
    What is saw and heard I thought was beautiful.

They went and went out in garden. Snoozed and read. Sister called so chatted to her.

Haggis's girlfriend came to the door and we went a lovely evening walk. He was sooo pleased to see her twice in one day :) she's staying with my friend for the weekend so she'd had to sneak past his old lady friend as too much for her to do another traipse.

Enjoying the highlights ...my husband wrote us a letter when he had just days left and in it he told us that love is the most important thing of all and I agree. It's nice to see a loving, happy occasion.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback