Can I get credit anywhere?

Options
Hi,

I recently visited my local Citizens Advice Bureau in regards to sorting out my debts as I was turned down for credit a few months ago. I believe my credit rating to be pretty horrific to be honest, last time I checked it was just over 500 which isn't too bad but possibly has gotten worse and I am being chased for money by different companies now like SSE and TV License.
Anyway, the CAB debt advisor told me to take a look at this website as there are low level credit cards I may qualify for. So I did just that, however after doing the soft credit check I was not eligible for any cards other than a Barclays which was "unlikely" and I think Tesco's which was 20 in 100 chance...
Any advice from you guys? My advisor is telling me we can make arrangements to start paying all my debts off once we have the credit report up to date or he could get my debts wiped which will cost me £90 or something but it will be highly unlikely I would be able to get credit for 5 years following...

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Go to the DFW board, and start by posting a Statement of Affairs.

You'll get lots of good advice there. It doesn't sound like a new credit card should be top of your priorities right now.
  • Marshall2260
    Marshall2260 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Cheers pal !!!128077;!!!127995;
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It must be some sort of record to wait a year and a half before responding! How has your debt situation moved on over that time?
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are best to post a SOA on the DFW board. They will be able to see things through fresh eyes.

If you didn't do this last time then certainly do it soon if your situation is similar.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family