The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just had an inspiring conversation with John the Builder. He was really well off and didn't have to worry about spending at all when he worked. However this changed when he had a stroke and had to give up his job. Now he has to watch every penny. Moral? plan ahead I have the benefit of his anecdotes and must learn from this.

Plan for today:
    Iron all clothes (as none done over xmas)
    Marking.
    Vacuuming.

My diary is rather boring isn't it???? Still i'd rather be boring rather than interested (gallivanting off to Los Vegas etc) and broke.

:rotfl:
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I am so proud of myself. Despite considerable temptation this weekend I have not succumbed to fleabay purchases. Yay.

I paid builder £30 to put up light and also £20 for Norton Security. Money well spent.

Most of my marking is done. I am v happy. Weather is still pants. I hope it doesn't flood here like it has in the north.

3 weeks till payday. I will be good. I will be good. No more shopping. Steve says not to look at internet sites. I must train myself to think of the long run savings. It is better spent on a lovely kitchen rather than clothes that will be out of fashion quickly and I have too many already.

I am praying for a snow day at work or three......
    :rotfl:
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I have just entered my meter readings for my electricity and gas and discovered that even though my guest did leave the lights on a lot and also had several baths a day my bill is bearable. Next time I decide to take someone in I will charge rent.

I am hoping the phone bill will be ok she did say she had rung some mobiles. Yikes why am I so stupid. She wasn't even nice.

My timetable has changed at work and now I will have Tuesdays off. I was so tired after yesterday I fell asleep for most of the day. I have loads of marking to do but just woke up. lol. still it is easy stuff and wont take long.

Still no money spent today. lol.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Ok so no one laugh. I am slowly slowly contemplating taking down my Christmas tree. This usually takes weeks as I love the blooming thing, it is a work of art and putting it up was a labour of love. Even my parents know it is an adopted member of the family and call him Fred.

I have started to take down a few baubles at a time so I don't get down. All my friends laugh but it is a symbolic thing and has stayed up till May in previous years.

Stereochild hello.:j Petal how was Christmas and New Year? Do you still post on MSE? are you on a different board now. I must add you?
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Hello :j:hello:
    Keep Fred the Christmas tree up as long as you like :xmastree:
    Daniel agrees :D

yes.gif
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hello he is delish. Swoon:EasterBun:EasterBun:EasterBun:EasterBun

Did you see my post?:j
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Fred is naked and just wearing lights.
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Options
    Hello he is delish. Swoon:EasterBun:EasterBun:EasterBun:EasterBun

Did you see my post?:j
    I did and replied :beer:
    Fred is naked and just wearing lights.
    Shame it's not Daniel ;):dance:
  • Stereochild
    Options
    Hi Savingwannabe

Belated Happy New Year!!

Fred sounds very jolly, just as long as he keeps his needles!? :grin:

I am having a very bad start to the year but I knew the tax was going to be due at the end of January - so can only blame myself.
    Debt free 24/03/2015./ On Dave Ramsey's Baby Step 3./Full Emergency Fund 2500/6000./ Got mortgage on the 28/08/15./ 2015 MFW #117 1242.89/2000
  • savingwannabe
    edited 12 January 2016 at 7:48PM
    Options
    Mrs Upsidedown Bear, me too! I am trying not to sound like a perv in case I do ever meet him. But he wouldn't even look twice. lol.

So sorry Stereochild about tax, I hope you can sort it. I was going to go shopping today for food but I might have a clear out of freezer to save money. No meat but loads of veg. I think I may be souping for a few days.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure