Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That’s awful about the whooping cough EE. Three months!:eek:

Hope everything calms down and you can begin to plan properly.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,293 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't believe these Sky/Virgin costs are so high now that there are so many alternatives. If it was left to me I'd get rid of our Virgin as I rarely watch anything but Freeview.

Awful about the whooping cough, there are some horrible bugs going around at the moment. Mr SA has been coughing for over a week now.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Do you have separate finances or joint EE? I would take that £80 from your DH wages.

We have had seperate finances since 2009, prior to that we had a joint bank account but because our outgoings were the same as our income we didn't get any personal spends money so DH used to use credit cards so he could buy himself stuff, then of course the minimum payments came out of the joint account leaving even less money for personal spends.

We both pay a set amount into an account of mine which is designated for bills, the TV bill comes from this account so in effect I pay half of every bill. I didn't mind £68, although I appreciate it is a lot still but now it has gone up so high.

DH did say that he would pay it from his own account as it is mainly him that watches TV, maybe I should pay £30 (nearly half of the old rate of £68) and he does the rest??? Hmm will have a think about this.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

DH did say that he would pay it from his own account as it is mainly him that watches TV, maybe I should pay £30 (nearly half of the old rate of £68) and he does the rest??? Hmm will have a think about this.

I would definitely take him up on that. From what you have said he leaves all the money management to you and if you, like me, are not bothered about sky/cable then let him take it over. It must be in his name anyway if they let him alter the package. You could pay £30 towards it or make him pay more into the bills account to cover the increase.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I would take him up on it.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Agree with enthusiasticsaver and beanie.
    🌟
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,293 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Agreed too :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    The EE household has an identity crisis, do you all remember my kittens???

Well the first 2 we rescued were a boy and girl and as they are now 6 months we decided to get the girl spayed as her brother was showing some interest in her and she liked to roam outside at night and not come home. Well today was the day, so I took my girl cat to the vet only to be told she is a he!!!!

Poor little boy has had a girls name for 6 months - he must be so confused!!!

He is not able to be neutered as not sexually mature yet so have been sent away.

It wasn't until I got to the vets today that I realised I hadn't asked the cost when I booked so it was just as well the operation was cancelled!!!

Other than the above I am on a mission to not spend much money this month as I am back on the Ninja Saving Turtles challenge plus the food budget was spent over Xmas and the small remainder was spent on Saturday so am trying to just cook food we already have in the house so things could get interesting.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Oh well at least you saved some money!:rotfl::rotfl:

That happened with DD’s ginger kitten only the other way round. Took him to the vets for jabs and was told he was a she! Had to have a name change as well!

Hope you rake up a few NSD days on the Turtles thread.
    🌟
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    The same happened to me. I was told by the cat and dog shelter that the kittens we were adopting were two boys, and we called them Ronnie and Reggie. It wasn’t until they went for the op that the vet discovered Ronnie was actually a girl. We just dropped the ‘e’ and continued to call her Ronni - short for Veronica :rotfl: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family