Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    Options
    Chippy42 wrote: »
    Just a quick update....we received our cheque from Jet2 today for the delay on our flight from MAN-LCA in August. Done and dusted in 28 days and surprisingly stress free. Thanks to everyone for the invaluable help on this forum!:T

Thanks for letting us know the outcome :T

A fair and justified outcome well done on your success

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • pcyuljr
    pcyuljr Posts: 115 Forumite
    edited 3 October 2017 at 3:35PM
    Options
    Today I received a response to my MCOL from a legal company called Norton Rose Fulbright who are representing JET2.

A good start from them as they state the correspondence is regarding Pcyuljr v British Airways Plc :rotfl: I hope their attention to detail continues throughout the process.

They asked for my e-mail also for correspondence - hopefully to make a settlement offer! Fingers crossed...
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No detailed defence sent yet?
    I wonder what happened to Les Deux Oiseaux?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • pcyuljr
    Options
    Nope, no detailed defence as of yet.

As they asked for my e-mail address, I'm assuming they will want some direct contact, as opposed to it all through the court as I expected.

Maybe they will send the defence to me.

Les Deux Oiseaux? Is that a username?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    2 Birds was the original legal firm used by Jet2 back in the day.
    Maybe they got binned off after losing an appeal (and probably lots of Jet2s money) at the CoA and SC?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Hryder
    Options
    I was on the skg flight from man on 17 June, I have been reading a lot of comments on here re this flight, however what I don't understand is why this plane could not land, but there were numerous other flights that landed just before and after we tried to land, I'm talking minutes here. Can anyone explain it to me please?
  • Bexybexbex
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd letter to Jet2 so far my claim has been rejected. Where is Vaugban's guide?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bexybexbex wrote: »
    I'm on my 3rd letter to Jet2 so far my claim has been rejected. Where is Vaugban's guide?

Don't play letter ping pong with them, they will be happy to do that until you run out of time to claim.

Google and then download 'Vaubans guide'

Give us more details if you need help.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • pcyuljr
    Options
    Hryder wrote: »
    I was on the skg flight from man on 17 June, I have been reading a lot of comments on here re this flight, however what I don't understand is why this plane could not land, but there were numerous other flights that landed just before and after we tried to land, I'm talking minutes here. Can anyone explain it to me please?

HI, that's useful information. My intention for my court proceedings is to show that other planes did land after our flight was diverted (after the aborted landing attempt). Thus showing that neither the tyre or weather would constitute extraordinary circumstances.

However, I'm struggling to prove flights did land after ours, merely as I can't seem to find that data. Where did you manage to get it from?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 October 2017 at 12:04PM
    Options
    pcyuljr wrote: »
    HI, that's useful information. My intention for my court proceedings is to show that other planes did land after our flight was diverted (after the aborted landing attempt). Thus showing that neither the tyre or weather would constitute extraordinary circumstances.

However, I'm struggling to prove flights did land after ours, merely as I can't seem to find that data. Where did you manage to get it from?

Hi pcyuljr, barrovian, hryder and pombear,

I've been giving this some thought and think I have come up with what happened and why.

Basically this post by pombear has nailed it...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73146184&postcount=2991

On the evening in question aircraft were landing and departing at SKG on runway 34 from the south. However, due to the tyre problem which occurred at MAN, the aircraft was changed to one which, I assume, did not have the correct landing aids to be able to land on runway 34.

As a result the J2 aircraft attempted to land from the opposite end (south) of the same runway, runway 16, which had a tail wind blowing down it.

Different aircraft types are limited to the amount of tail wind they are allowed to land with as this can be very dangerous.

As the J2 aircraft was out of these limits the pilot had to abort the landing and divert to Athens.

It seems that J2 are being rather disingenuous when they claim extraordinary weather caused the delay, very obviously it did not, it was due to using the wrong aircraft. Presumably this was because G-GDFF was the only spare/standby aircraft available.

Other aircraft were arriving and departing at SKG without any problems. No other aircraft, around that time, aborted a landing or diverted to another airport. Every other aircraft landed or departed from runway 34, except for one aircraft, which was a Eurowings A320 from Cologne. This aircraft followed directly behind the J2 aircraft and landed successfully on runway 16 as the J2 aircraft was still climbing away.

If my scenario is correct I would further assume that J2 dispatched the aircraft from Manchester in the hope that the tail winds on 16 would be within limits when they got there. They took a chance and lost. On that basis all passengers on both the outbound flight, LS903, and the return inbound flight, LS904, will be due compensation of €400 each.

Good luck all.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure