Window Quote by Anglia First Home Improvement - help please

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Jim_Sykes
    Options
    Yes Walk away quickly
    I’m trying to get satisfaction from them after one year of waiting to be told they can’t fit our window as it would be unprofitable!
    Poor customer service totally unprofessional company!
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Jim_Sykes wrote: »
    Yes Walk away quickly
    I’m trying to get satisfaction from them after one year of waiting to be told they can’t fit our window as it would be unprofitable!
    Poor customer service totally unprofessional company!

just go elsewhere . interested to know the size and price . please:D
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • hedge_one
    Options
    Well sadly it looks like this company is still at it with their many hours long sales 'pitches' despite promising nothing more than a 2 year quote on the doorstep.  Had a 3 hour visit yesterday from a First Home Improvements sales guy, and was heavily pressured into placing an order there and then, despite saying many times that I wasn't going to order anything that day.  My two year quote ended up being £9k for a front door and replacement upvc fascia/soffit boards for a small end of terrace house.   By the sounds of it I was lucky coming away with just that.   
  • Abledime
    Options
    Just had a very nice representative round from Anglican First home improvements.  
    Expertly measured up the size of the window (although I did notice that her tape measure was a bit off the horizontal when she measured some of the widows.) 
    Sat down worked out the price for 6 windows (3 only 600mm by my measure) and quoted .....
    £15789
    But not to worry as I can put these through our help to buy scheme it will only cost £10,250 including VAT. 
    I say ' you are the first of a few quotes I am getting so could you give me a written quote' 
    Oh let me phone my manager... out comes phone  manager on speaker but phone to ear. 
    Customer is only looking for a quote so need to return the HTB Reference. 
    Manager say I have just had a customer in the Medway are cancel so I can offer his discount too 
    Cost is now £6250. 
    I'm still only looking for a written quote. 
    Can you hand me to the customer...
    I speak to the manager now (Arn't I important.) 
    Sir ( he called me by my name) , if you agree to have a board outside your house and write a review for us I will give you the windows at trade price only £5190. 
    For some reason he couldn't understand why I said no..... 
    Still don't have my written quote. 
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,635 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Just had one of their door knockers banging on my door.....
    Anglain First are now offering "grants" of up to £400 for each window replaced on top of money off through their recycling scheme. Even after pointing to the new windows I've recently had fitted, the oik couldn't understand why he was being told to leave the premises.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Ryan_Holden
    Ryan_Holden Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 1 March 2023 at 9:21AM
    Options
    Just a little bump to help people in the future. "First Home Improvements" cold called me over a year ago but I couldn't receive a quote as I was in the process of buying my ex-partner out.

Anyway, I arranged a quote for last night at 18:00 and after 2 hours and 45 minutes, yep, almost 3 hours, they finally presented me with a quote for £33,000 for my 3 bed detached. I thought I was going to pass out.

Of course there was a "magic discount code" that might still be available (only 10 available per postcode) which required a definitely not-scripted phonecall to get. And would you believe it, I was in luck with 2 slots remaining.

So my quote dropped to £23,000, yep, £10,000 just like that.

All I had to do was sell them my old windows at £250 a pop under their "recycling scheme", write a review and have a notice board on my lawn for 4 weeks. The notice board would get me £1500 per week, a total of £6000 reduction. £6,000 for a sign on my lawn for a month. Comical.

I explained the quote was my first and that I had to think about such a sizeable purchase, which of course meant I was told this discount was only available if I signed now

Que another definitely not scripted phone call where we were told by the manager that another sale in the area was now under threat so I may be able to use their subsidy to bring my bill down. How lucky right? Especially as it was 9pm. After I still refused to sign, another phone call to base and that other sale had collapsed meaning more money was definitely available to me. Wowzers! 

So in 20 minutes, not only had we learned of a sale that might fall though, we'd had confirmation it had just fallen through. Of course. I even said this to the rep.

Still unwilling to sign then and there I was offered a further special discount price of £15,700 if I did the deal then and there.

This just ended it for me, I told the rep they needed to leave. It's 21:30 on a Tuesday, I'm up at 5am and I'm now laughing at this company who can knock another 8 grand off the quote price just on a whim and still make money.

I had to walk the rep out of my house in order to make them go. After I'd got rid of them I checked TrustPilot and it's just flooded with the same story.

It's a shame as the window sample the rep had looked good, felt good and if it did what she said it would have been good to have. But the sales pitch was so disingenuous it's shattered any confidence I have in the company.
  • FreeBear
    edited 1 March 2023 at 11:33AM
    Options
    Just a little bump to help people in the future. "First Home Improvements" cold called me over a year ago but I couldn't receive a quote as I was in the process of buying my ex-partner out.
    Still unwilling to sign then and there I was offered a further special discount price of £15,700 if I did the deal then and there.
    Find a local independent installer and you'll get a better quality job for half that price without all the hard sell & bulls**t.

Oh, and if they say "your partner needs to be present", refer them to Arkell v Pressdram.
    Had one outfit pull that line on me, and I responded with "My dear boy, I am quite capable of making financial decisions on my own and I don't need to consult with anyone else".

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Ryan_Holden
    Options
    FreeBear said:

Find a local independent installer and you'll get a better quality job for half that price without all the hard sell & bulls**t.

Oh, and if they say "your partner needs to be present", refer them to Arkell v Pressdram.
    Had one outfit pull that line on me, and I responded with "My dear boy, I am quite capable of making financial decisions on my own and I don't need to consult with anyone else".
    That's my intention now, it's the first time I've ever had a quote for a set of windows so it's just a lesson learned.

What is the deal with partners? Like, they wouldn't give me a quote until I owned the house myself after I explained I was mid way through transferring equity to me. But it is a repeated theme.
  • FreeBear
    edited 1 March 2023 at 1:19PM
    Options
    Ryan_Holden said: What is the deal with partners?
    Their thinking is get one hooked, and it is much easier to get the other to agree.
    Had my lodger floating around when [redacted] muppet pulled that stunt on me. When he inquired about the relationship, I told him to mind his own business. He assumed too much, and got egg on his for his efforts.

• Ryan_Holden
    Options
    FreeBear said:
    Ryan_Holden said: What is the deal with partners?
    Their thinking is get one hooked, and it is much easier to get the other to agree.
    Had my lodger floating around when [redacted] muppet pulled that stunt on me. When he inquired about the relationship, I told him to mind his own business. He assumed too much, and got egg on his for his efforts.

Weirdly she asked me about my lodger too, I have no idea why.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback