BT Rewards and Cashback

Options
BT have offered various deals which include a Rewards card value and an amount of cashback. In my experience they are (deliberately?) making it extremely difficult to claim these discounts: their web pages bt.com/claimmyrewards and bt.com/claimmycashback are permanently 'not currently available'. I chased up the offers via BT chatline and managed to get the rewards card but the operative at first denied all knowledge of the cashback. When pressed, she claimed that the cashback will arrive as an additional £50 on the reward card once I had depleted the original £100 to zero. It seems to me that BT are hoping that I will forget about discounts until after the expiry of the claim. Be very determined to get what they offered within the timeframe! :(

Comments

• Aced2016
    Aced2016 Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    I got my cashback ok ! However my Amazon gift card has never arrived. It's well over 45 days now, I contact them and they then say wait another 45 days. It's a bit of a joke and I have no confidence it will arrive !!

And as for BTs customer service, well I have no words for that!
  • Postcard
    Postcard Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It looks like you have the incorrect link for the rewards card. It should be: http://www.bt.com/claimmyreward which appears to work ok.
  • rattlingroger
    Options
    Thanks. Obviously I was given the wrong address (with an 's' on the end) for the reward. But bt.com/claimmycashback still says 'not currently available': any ideas?
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • rattlingroger
    Options
    Many thanks. That website appears to have maybe logged my claim, but I will not know for 45 days whether I will receive a cheque! We shall see.
  • MrsGrey
    MrsGrey Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied for BT broadband on 9th April, within the offer period, online, and installed the router on 21st April. So as far as I can see, I've fulfilled all the criteria to be able to claim the Mastercard with £125 credit. Nevertheless, the claimmyreward page insists I'm not eligible. :mad: They make it SO hard to claim. Of course I've filled in an online enquiry. Has anyone else had this experience?
  • rattlingroger
    Options
    I did eventually get both the Reward card and (much later) a cheque for £50 as the cashback. But not until I had repeatedly applied for the cashback: they come back with 'thank you, wait for 45 days' on the web page but do not confirm by any other means that you could latterly point to (such as an email) that your request for the cashback has been registered. As others have said, they make it extremely hard to get the reward/cashback they offer as an incentive.
  • DrZoops
    DrZoops Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I applied on 21st April and service was activated on 28th April. The bt.com/claimmyreward site claims I am not eligible. When did you make your online enquiry, MrsGrey, and have you heard anything back from them yet?
  • dreamypuma
    dreamypuma Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrsGrey wrote: »
    I applied for BT broadband on 9th April, within the offer period, online, and installed the router on 21st April. So as far as I can see, I've fulfilled all the criteria to be able to claim the Mastercard with £125 credit. Nevertheless, the claimmyreward page insists I'm not eligible. :mad: They make it SO hard to claim. Of course I've filled in an online enquiry. Has anyone else had this experience?

I'm in the same boat. Ordered 17th April, service went live 3rd May. Today i attempted to claim (4th May) and received the same message.

Like yourself I have completed an online enquiry, so await the outcome. Not happy at all.

I expect this forum will be inundated with similar posts in the coming days. :mad:
    My farts hospitalize small children :o
  • AddieH
    AddieH Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also ordered BT Infinity 1 plus phone line on the £150+£50 deal on 19th April. It was installed yesterday (4th May). I've claimed the £50 cash back, but the "claimmyrewards" site for the £150 prepaid card also says that I am ineligible!

Sounds like it might be broken for a lot of people.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure