Product support ag ?

Options

Comments

• DGP21272
    Options
    I took out a repair and support plan with team knowhow on 20/04/18, i cancelled it 12 after it was taken out, for a complete lack of service from the said team. there was no deposit paid therefore no need for a refund to be issued.. my bank statement showed up a payment being with held on my account for 9.99 and it showed up as product support AG or GA, the initial agreement was for 10 monthly payments of 7.50. when i eventually got speaking to someone from the said team know how they had not got a clue so i had to wait on a manager phoning me back. a line manager rang me EVENTUALLY and tried to tell me that it showed up as a debit because they were trying to issue a refund(one that did not have to be made). after speaking to my bank today(10/05/18) they confirmed that what that manager had told me was incorrect, it was showing as a debit and that a refund would NEVER show up that way and that they had tried to take money from my account. so not only did they try to take money from my account when the policy had been cancelled they tried to take the wrong amount and then had the nerve to lie about it. as a result of all of this i had to cancel my debit card and my bank are now keeping any eye out for this TEAM KNOWHOW, what a joke, more lie TEAM KNOW NOTHNG. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE OR ANYTHING THAT THEY SAY
  • d4gl15h
    d4gl15h Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I have been paying £8.50 a month for what I assumed were my contact lenses. Only reason I now know it’s not contact lenses is because Tesco have changed to vision express.
    Did anyone get any results in stopping this or getting any money back from this fraudulent scheme?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    d4gl15h wrote: »
    I have been paying £8.50 a month for what I assumed were my contact lenses. Only reason I now know it’s not contact lenses is because Tesco have changed to vision express.
    Did anyone get any results in stopping this or getting any money back from this fraudulent scheme?

Which fraudulent scheme do you refer to ?

The Tesco contact lenses ?

You contact whoever is taking the money and cancel the subscription.

How is your question related to the thread about AG ?
  • REPET
    REPET Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Does anyone else have suspicions regarding payments to AG product Support appearing on CREDIT CARD statements or are we the only suckers! No record of policy or authorized direct debit mandates found as yet but looking similar to policy admin (mobile phones) stories. If anyone else is aware of or currently dealing with AG, would like to hear what you know!

I have recently had such a transaction on our bank statement with a debit card 13th July 2018 for the amount of £2.50.

I too would like to know what this means!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2018 at 8:49PM
    Options
    REPET wrote: »
    Does anyone else have suspicions regarding payments to AG product Support appearing on CREDIT CARD statements or are we the only suckers! No record of policy or authorized direct debit mandates found as yet but looking similar to policy admin (mobile phones) stories. If anyone else is aware of or currently dealing with AG, would like to hear what you know!

I have recently had such a transaction on our bank statement with a debit card 13th July 2018 for the amount of £2.50.

I too would like to know what this means!

I take it you have googled "AG product Support" ?
  • Unawatuna
    Unawatuna Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2018 at 11:56AM
    Options
    Me too! Bought an item, said no to support as I never buy unnecessary stuff, having been stung in the past (but later compensated, thanks to MSE). Mysterious £10.99 removed from my bank account the following month (not direct debit). Name on statement was Product Support AG with 0844 number, but no clarification of who they actually are).
    WHAT I DID......Googled number first, then rang 0800 066 5833 as suggested by another forum member (this is the freephone version of the 0844). The phone 'filtering' was similarly vague - who are they, exactly?
    Asked them for copy of the policy agreement authorising payment and was referred to Currys 'who hold the file'. As soon as I expressed concern about the payment being taken without my authority they were quick to offer cancellation and refund to the original account. Now just watch and wait to see if it is repaid.

UPDATE: 25/10/18. Product Support AG opo confirmed he could see the cancellation and refund in system but repayment for some reason hasn't gone through, explaining that it could be to do with a 'system change'. Asked me for card details again and I explained I wasn't willing to give these as the original payment was unexplained. He offered a cheque which I accepted. Now waiting. Recorded call.
  • devasted
    Options
    Be careful to check your credit card statement. They have been taking £8.50 from me for 5 years now.without my knowledge or permission. It does not help to phone them (0344 561 4000 and 08006658333) because they say that they will repay you for the last 13 months but they never do.
  • jrlidstermason
    Options
    Jan 2018
    Thanks you for your post I have just had the same issue. £5.5 per month dates back to 2016!

I used the free phone number that you gave me and I have been promised a full refund of around £150

If this happens to you just call 0800 066 5833 (which is the freephone version of 0844 800 6080) and say you want the policy you never authorised cancelled and refunded.

Many thanks for your post

JR

The Lady that I spoke to didn't sound surprised.. "oh i don't know why they would have added that on in the shop". They'll ask to confirm surname, postcode and item(s) purchased. He offered refund and cancellation instantly (possibly sensing my annoyance at this shady operation). Remember to ask for this in writing too.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2019 at 1:24PM
    Options
    Be aware that since 13 June 2014 it has been illegal for premium rate 084, 087 or 09 numbers to be offered for after-sales enquiries and issues. This applies to retailers, traders and passenger transport companies and to insurance products attached to such sales.

In addition, since 26 October 2015, all banks, card companies and insurers have been banned from using premium rate 084, 987 or 09 numbers for contact by existing customers. Breaches of the regulations should be reported to the FCA.

Instant refund and cancellation comes because of the risk of a huge fine from the FCA for the mis-selling of an insurance product. CarphoneWarehouse and others have been penalised on multiple occasions.
  • GvirusDan
    Options
    Hi all, first post, been itching to get my story on here also.

so last month i noticed £4 going out of my account and i looked back at least 6 months ( i rarely check my statements) and this little £4 had been going AWOL and when i looked on more details i was given a phone number to ring against a name of 'Product Support AG' of which i did not recognise what so ever. i

i phoned up and was then redirected to this number in question and finally got through to someone. she called themselves product support but then later mentioned another trading name which i will hopefully get out of them today. i told her i knoew nothing of this money going out and apparently it linked back 2 years ago when i purchased a Beko washing machine from Curry's. i explained calmly that i never took any extended warranty or anything of the sort out and that i wish for it to be cancelled immediately ( i didnt even bother pushing for refund because i just expected a fob off) and she cancelled there and then....AND said i was due a refund of £116 dating back to the very start of the payments coming out. i was very shocked and happy, although she did give me the spiel about how 'we cant normally do this but...' talk but i couldnt care less....send me the money!

she then explained it would take 3-5 days to arrive into my account so i happily waited. (this call was made Sunday 13th jan 2019)

i left until Friday and no funds had been put into my account....so i rang on 18th jan and got a rather grumpy woman stating that now it was only £108 and could now take up to 21 days to arrive as it is now coming by cheque, i inquired why a cheque would take so long but she explained thats an over estimate based on delivery, then chashing it with the bank so i accepted this so far but i wanted to know why it had come down by £8...she then gave me loads of tosh about the first payment would have came out with the purchase of the washing machine...to which i told her i never took out any extras so it shouldn't have. i then told her if one payment was taken out, shouldn't i be getting £112 not £108? she couldn't answer this very clearly. by this point i was angry and promptly ended the call, stating to her i'll phone back monday to see what hoops i have to jump through.

unfortunately by monday no cheque still but didnt have the time to call so i rang yesterday (tuesday 22nd Jan) and i got a lad now telling me the cheque was still processing and could take 28 days!!!!!! so i explained all previous....he then changed his story to well the cheque has already been sent as he has a cheque number, but i know this is !!!!!!!!, because you have a cheque number doesn't mean at all that it has left them what so ever. so i expressed my serious disdain for their practice and i said i wish the cheque to be cancelled and that they can send the money directly to the account of which they were taking my money from and said he couldn't do that and that i should wait another week for the cheque to arrive, as it was posted on the 15th ...new info he didn't give before...so i said well by this point a cheque even on second class would have been here by now so i'm more concerned that its not shown up as opposed to not even being sent. again, he would not cancel.

so today i shall be chasing again once i get word from the missus whether a cheque turns up in the post or not. and i shall do my best to get hold of their company name and trading address.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback