The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• now3d
    now3d Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is a shame the Coventry First current account no longer pays any interest. That is the reason I am switching out of them to Lloyds Vantage (interest paid on first 5k).

Lloyds account opening at branch very efficient. Took 20mins to leave branch with sortcode + account no!
  • typistretired
    Options
    I have opened one of these as I have a Coventry BS Poppy Online Saver (1) which expires in June so decided to spread my options by opening a new one and transferring money over. You would think Coventry would offer to extend the rate until November 2012 on the first account as most canny savers will open the new one and empty the old account. They would save themselves a lot of admin.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • typistretired
    Options
    NOW3D

The link takes me to "Poppy bond". Rather than "Poppy Saver" so perhaps this offer has finished already?

"3.55% AER*/ gross p.a. fixed rate of interest until 30.04.2013"

"No withdrawals or early closure". yuk

Yes the link does take you to the fixed rate but you need to look at list to the left hand side and click easy access accounts and you will find the 3.15% account. You can have monthly or annual interest.
  • typistretired
    Options
    Well done alanq you beat martin by announcing this rate he is still showing 3.12% as best rate someone is asleep
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done alanq you beat martin by announcing this rate he is still showing 3.12% as best rate someone is asleep

Yup, I didn't spot it until I read the morning papers. Anyway, daughter's application now completed, but it's a shame they need a cheque as her Santander esaver account (2.9% = bye bye!) doesn't have one.

Anyway, should all go off on Monday.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • typistretired
    Options
    gadgetmind wrote: »
    Yup, I didn't spot it until I read the morning papers. Anyway, daughter's application now completed, but it's a shame they need a cheque as her Santander esaver account (2.9% = bye bye!) doesn't have one.

Anyway, should all go off on Monday.

I copied this from their terms and conditions and you could have moved the money online from Santander

How to apply

• Apply online and arrange a transfer from your bank account, another Coventry account or alternatively post us a cheque.
    • The minimum balance is £1. You can make additional deposits at any time up to a maximum balance of £250,000 (see note 3 below).
    • You may only ever open one Poppy Online Saver account, either solely or jointly. However many issues of the Poppy Online Saver account there may be, you cannot open more than one.
    I wouldn't why I was allowed to open this even though I already had the first Poppy account and I opened while I was logged into my account. I hope they don't close it on me!!!
  • typistretired
    Options
    I meant wonder why, not "wouldn't why" as stated in my previous post
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    That made me laugh when I read your user name and then the correction. Have a good day x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Mr._H_2
    Mr._H_2 Posts: 488 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I meant wonder why, not "wouldn't why" as stated in my previous post

For future reference, it is possible to go back and edit your posts. Press the "edit" button at the bottom of the post.
  • typistretired
    Options
    Mr._H wrote: »
    For future reference, it is possible to go back and edit your posts. Press the "edit" button at the bottom of the post.

Not really a retired typist. I took the user namer as I went to college to learnt to type and use computers when I retired.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure