The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• calypso_rhapsody
    Options
    Robert - the NSI index linked saving certificates were on sale for a period of about 6 months this year but were withdrawn in September. It is possible that another issue will be announced say within the next 6 months or so (i've read posts suggesting that March is likely but i don't know if that is true). So if you want to have your money available to invest/save in these then put it into the best instant access account you can find and sign up on the nsandi website for their emails so you get informed when the new issue is released.

There are other RPI/CPI linked products about - don't know anything about them but i dare say there is something on the savings pages of this website (see links at top of page).

I happen to agree with those posters who think you've got out of equities at the wrong time but if you feel that it is the right decision for you then i hope you will appreciate this post!
  • psychic_teabag
    Options
    The new Northern Rock "online reward exclusive" account is described as "easy access" in the top savings guide and the weekly email, but I think deposits are allowed only while the account remains open. Do we believe this is likely to be days, weeks or months ?
  • john1950
    Options
    I had an email from Santander on 3rd November confirming account open and giving sort code and account number. I have put £1 in the account but wanted the log in details before putting any more money in there.

Spoke to then about two weeks ago about log in details and was told were being sent but still had nothing.

Has anyone managed to open one of these accounts and got it up and running please. The phone call cost me 69p as per my latest bill and that seems to have been a waste as what they told me did not happen.

thanks
  • Mr._H_2
    Mr._H_2 Posts: 488 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    john1950 wrote: »
    The phone call cost me 69p

Say No To 0870
  • typistretired
    Options
    john1950 wrote: »
    I had an email from Santander on 3rd November confirming account open and giving sort code and account number. I have put £1 in the account but wanted the log in details before putting any more money in there.

Spoke to then about two weeks ago about log in details and was told were being sent but still had nothing.

Has anyone managed to open one of these accounts and got it up and running please. The phone call cost me 69p as per my latest bill and that seems to have been a waste as what they told me did not happen.

thanks

Use the freephone number The free phone number I used was 0800 7317774. Ignore the instructions about pressing any keys and you will be put through to an advisor
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • GillyFlower
    Options
    I have just opened a Poppy Online Saver (2) with £10. Still in process of receiving all their info in separate letter form.

However, just received the Password Form - I know supposedly when scanned in 'computer' will not know it is me. BUT - why is it I feel hesitant to put my Password in the post?

I have just phoned them up and they said I could change my password once I have it alongside my Web ID and my Grid Card.

Is Coventry more complicated (better security) than any of my online banking and BS's?
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am thinking of opening this account. But I am just concern about their reliability of instant access of the money ...

Is NR internet banking is reliable and support FPO ?

Thanks
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is Coventry more complicated (better security) than any of my online banking and BS's?
    It's a bit tortuous, in that you have to enter your Web ID, DOB, three characters from your password, and three numbers from your grid card.
    Stompa
  • murphydavid
    Options
    Robert - the NSI index linked saving certificates were on sale for a period of about 6 months this year but were withdrawn in September. It is possible that another issue will be announced say within the next 6 months or so (i've read posts suggesting that March is likely but i don't know if that is true). So if you want to have your money available to invest/save in these then put it into the best instant access account you can find and sign up on the nsandi website for their emails so you get informed when the new issue is released.

There are other RPI/CPI linked products about - don't know anything about them but i dare say there is something on the savings pages of this website (see links at top of page).

I happen to agree with those posters who think you've got out of equities at the wrong time but if you feel that it is the right decision for you then i hope you will appreciate this post!

Also you can register with NS&I to have an email sent to you when they become available. You sometimes have to be quick because the offer will be limited.
  • inearlygaveup
    Options
    GillyFlower Coventry more complicated (better security) than any of my online banking and BS's?

I think they probably have one extra security question than most of my other accounts.
    Been with then a number of years with no problems.
    nitraM

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure