ESE Solar Panel Free Health Check

Options

Comments

• bones1066
    Options
    Hi, just posted this on another similar thread - it is all one scam!

Same sort of scam letters being sent to us for 'free' MOT of inverter, barcode etc etc,'The British Standard of Solar' not real! he is now registered at Preston with this new company. Very difficult to filter the dross on google as our installer was the well respected Evo Energy in Nottingham - they are NOT the same!

pity we cannot stop this as we have seen that some people are being had. Moral - always check Martin's site!
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Just an update on the complaint I put to the ASA. They need the original correspondence, which I no longer had as it arrived months ago and before I thought of going to the ASA.

As such the complaint is on hold but if others make similar complaints when they receive and still have the original correspondence (including envelope if possible, I believe) then movement may be seen.

I can't wait to receive another enticing letter...:rotfl:
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pinnks wrote: »
    Just an update on the complaint I put to the ASA. They need the original correspondence, which I no longer had as it arrived months ago and before I thought of going to the ASA.

As such the complaint is on hold but if others make similar complaints when they receive and still have the original correspondence (including envelope if possible, I believe) then movement may be seen.

I can't wait to receive another enticing letter...:rotfl:

I have just been sent a copy of letter from EVO Energy Solutions.

I have kept the envelope. After checking my files I have the original letter from BTS Energy and also the original letter from ESE Consultants Ltd.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• robs050482
    Options
    A family member was recently contacted by ESE regarding their solar PV and solar thermal installation. Apparently ESE have taken over the maintenance and warranty of the panels because the original installers have gone into administration. I warned my relative to be on their guard and to expect to be told that something would need changing or upgrading. I was right, they were told the inverter needed changing as it was potentially unsafe and limiting the energy production. Two options were presented on a scrap bit of paper (see below), the first would cost 2.5k and the second 5k, but they could only do these prices if payment was made there and then. They were put under a significant amount of pressure to take the offer, but thankfully stood their ground and said they would like a quote in writing. He quickly left and surprise surprise, a quote never arrived.

These cowboys should be avoided at all costs.

• pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Merlin139, are you thinking of lodging a complaint with the ASA?
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bones1066 said:
    Same sort of scam letters being sent to us for 'free' MOT of inverter, barcode etc etc,'The British Standard of Solar' not real! he is now registered at Preston with this new company. Very difficult to filter the dross on google as our installer was the well respected Evo Energy in Nottingham - they are NOT the same!

pity we cannot stop this as we have seen that some people are being had. Moral - always check Martin's site!
    Just opened my stack of post to discover a letter from Evo Energy Solutions Ltd offering the same old: Free Solar PV and System Check.  Based in Preston PR2 5DB
    0800 047 8672
     01772 367 820.
     Looked these up on 'who called me UK' and both numbers were listed as harrassing calls

'We have limited spaces for your systems check, be prepared for the summer season and maximise your energy production you will also receivbe a detailed report for your records'
    Teeny bit late for summer- it's past mid August!

web address: https://evoenergysolutions.co.uk/
    Full cover for your solar panel system for £24.99 per month!!

NO thanks B)

Something for the recycling bin!!

Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • lo62lju
    Options
    A dear friend of mine aged 70 had a call from Brian Thompson (named above) to sell her a PV+ unit which he said would save her from future expense if one of her panels burnt out.  This was after a free health check. Company ?  ESE again. They went ahead and installed within the 14 day cooling off period and now flatly refuse to give a refund . Has anyone ever managed to get money refunded from them and how?????
    I am trying to save this lady, who is one of our gallant nurses who has come out of retirement, the £2300 she has paid them for it. 
  • lo62lju
    Options
    Further to the previous post the lady in question had received a letter from BTSA saying her warranty had run out and offering a free health check. Then ESE called.  The device supplied as a PV+ device was an eco-max voltage optimizer worth a lot less than £2300. on hesitating she was offered a battery instead  which probably would have cost more! 

• tim_p
    tim_p Posts: 691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Surely her first port of call should be the local Trading Standards. 
  • CliffordAlls
    Options
    When we moved here there was a letter waiting from ESE so I signed up with them, being new to solar panels and assuming they were the existing service people.

What a mistake! I had thought it odd that they operated out of Leeds and that we live in Cornwall but .....we signed up and paid for free periodic servicing. Whilst the 'service' - such as it was - was indeed free, additions were not and we ended up with a demand for £4000 to install something called an inverter (sic), which we were told would greatly improve the system's efficiency and yield. . This was just a little cheap plastic box..  

Further investigation revealed that this was an extremely cheap and shoddy device of its type worth £100 tops and probably unnecessary. It certainly did not produce the promised bounty. I made a big fuss about this and eventually got a partial refund which, though inadequate, was at least something. I contacted regulatory authorities etc but they avoided involvement and offered no support.

That ended our association with this outfit and I am posting this for the information of others. . ..  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback