Forum Home» Green & Ethical MoneySaving

ESE Solar Panel Free Health Check - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search

ESE Solar Panel Free Health Check

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
75 replies 34.8K views
1234568»

Replies

• Hi, just posted this on another similar thread - it is all one scam!

Same sort of scam letters being sent to us for 'free' MOT of inverter, barcode etc etc,'The British Standard of Solar' not real! he is now registered at Preston with this new company. Very difficult to filter the dross on google as our installer was the well respected Evo Energy in Nottingham - they are NOT the same!

pity we cannot stop this as we have seen that some people are being had. Moral - always check Martin's site!
  • pinnkspinnks Forumite
    823 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭
    Just an update on the complaint I put to the ASA. They need the original correspondence, which I no longer had as it arrived months ago and before I thought of going to the ASA.

As such the complaint is on hold but if others make similar complaints when they receive and still have the original correspondence (including envelope if possible, I believe) then movement may be seen.

I can't wait to receive another enticing letter...:rotfl:
    Wiltshire - 5.25kWp
    3.5kWp: 14 x Phono Solar 250 Onyx, Sunny Boy 4000TL, WSW 40 degrees, June 2013
    1.75kWp: 7 x Phono Solar 250 Onyx, Sunny Boy 1600TL, SSE 45 degrees, March 2014
  • Merlin139Merlin139 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    pinnks wrote: »
    Just an update on the complaint I put to the ASA. They need the original correspondence, which I no longer had as it arrived months ago and before I thought of going to the ASA.

As such the complaint is on hold but if others make similar complaints when they receive and still have the original correspondence (including envelope if possible, I believe) then movement may be seen.

I can't wait to receive another enticing letter...:rotfl:

I have just been sent a copy of letter from EVO Energy Solutions.

I have kept the envelope. After checking my files I have the original letter from BTS Energy and also the original letter from ESE Consultants Ltd.
    3.975 kWp PV SolarEdge System South Facing 10% Shading Installed 21 May 2014 Located in Mid East Yorkshire.
  • robs050482robs050482 Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    A family member was recently contacted by ESE regarding their solar PV and solar thermal installation. Apparently ESE have taken over the maintenance and warranty of the panels because the original installers have gone into administration. I warned my relative to be on their guard and to expect to be told that something would need changing or upgrading. I was right, they were told the inverter needed changing as it was potentially unsafe and limiting the energy production. Two options were presented on a scrap bit of paper (see below), the first would cost 2.5k and the second 5k, but they could only do these prices if payment was made there and then. They were put under a significant amount of pressure to take the offer, but thankfully stood their ground and said they would like a quote in writing. He quickly left and surprise surprise, a quote never arrived.

These cowboys should be avoided at all costs.

• pinnkspinnks Forumite
    823 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭
    Merlin139, are you thinking of lodging a complaint with the ASA?
    Wiltshire - 5.25kWp
    3.5kWp: 14 x Phono Solar 250 Onyx, Sunny Boy 4000TL, WSW 40 degrees, June 2013
    1.75kWp: 7 x Phono Solar 250 Onyx, Sunny Boy 1600TL, SSE 45 degrees, March 2014