Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 October 2018 at 9:08PM
    Options
    I have just opened Virgin regular saver 13 at the branch. Available from 2 today
    My account was opened by 2.05. 3%

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Frogletina wrote: »
    I have just opened Virgin regular saver 13 at the branch. Available from 2 today
    My acount was opened by 2.05. 3%

frogletina
    Well that's a turn up for the books which breaks all previous patterns! There is hope yet for the regular e-saver and a possible 3% return.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Well that's a turn up for the books which breaks all previous patterns! There is hope yet for the regular e-saver and a possible 3% return.
    ....unless the new pattern is one per month in-store only, and none online. :undecided
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My acount was opened by 2.05. 3%

frogletina

Was it you in that tent outside since last week?
  • schiff
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    ....unless the new pattern is one per month in-store only, and none online. :undecided

Unlikely I think. It would be very unfair on potential investors living miles away from a store, and Branson won't want to be criticised. He's a delicate flower :)
  • schiff
    Options
    I've just phoned to make an appointment, ideally tomorrow when I was going in anyway to have my books brought up to date and to collect on the one that matures today. My voice was recognised (!) and she didn't know 13 was out!

First appointment Thursday afternoon, they are very busy and short staffed anyway.

Frogletina surely must be a contact on Branson's phone? :think:
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chester store was surprised to be getting calls so soon after launch.. got apt tomorrow, have a bit of a mooch around while there ..if it's not raining..:)
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    Unlikely I think. It would be very unfair on potential investors living miles away from a store, and Branson won't want to be criticised. He's a delicate flower :)
    Unless the logic is to reserve the best products to people who make it to a store where they can be sold something else? It could also explain the bump up to 3%.... extra temptation to make that long trek ;)

But I agree that not having the online versions would be a sad loss. Let's hope for the best still.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • schiff
    Options
    I've made countless visits to my Virgin store and I'm quite well known there now! But nobody has ever tried to sell me anything. The staff are encouraged to 'get to know the client', a sort of family creating thing that is so popular these days.

But though I've had plenty of enjoyable conversations with the staff, an exchange of life stories on the one hand, a typical football supporter chit-chat on the other, nobody has even ventured to tempt me into anything else other than the matter in hand. And they are sure to think I'm loaded as I've had every RS they have produced :D

Contrast that with every visit to Nottingham BS where I'm invited to discuss a load of different financial items.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My account was opened by 2.05. 3%

frogletina
    Was it you in that tent outside since last week?

Frogletina surely must be a contact on Branson's phone? :think:

I went into the local store to close my Regular saver 6 this afternoon which I did. I was told that Regular saver 13 was due at 2.00. It was suggested I could wait in the reception until then, and as soon as it hit the computer screen my application was placed.

I love the staff at my local branch

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure