Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 February 2016 at 8:51PM
    Options
    I have multiple transactions with financial purchases coming, or should be coming to fruition soon via TCB. I will challenge each and every one slightly after the 'estimate payment date' passes. I believe these 'estimates' are there to mislead and the amount of delays back my beliefs up.
    First will be British Gas, they have 3 weeks to pay.
    Fully satisfied and paid out.

Aviva will be the first week in February, if not paid - these are usually good though.
    Direct Line will be the middle of February, these won't get a day after the 18 weeks, as 18 weeks is well long enough!
    (still at confirmed, a high risk and one of the hardest to resolve). The 'naughty' one and has moved from 18 weeks estimate to 22 weeks! My deadline is still 18 weeks.
    British Gas again, but I will give them to early April.
    (Still at pending, but early still).
    Nationwide, again April, probably mid April.
    The only update is that my payment for the Nationwide is now showing in my bank account.
    Direct Line (DL) is still stuck (fully expected) and the 18 week line is almost there. On Sunday (if not paid), I'll start a complaint with TCB and give TCB 14 days to reach a resolution. Then (if not paid), straight to DL after registering complaints to the FCA (TCB and DL) and the FOS (DL). There is another angle the FOS were considering the last time as something had changed regarding the status of TCB and was being investigated. I would like to be brought up to date with that, if there has been any update.

I'm getting nowhere with my Hotelopia issue and I did raise a complaint with TCB and that expires at the weekend. I'll chase that up with Hotelopia on Monday, if not resolved. This a crazy situation and although via my complaint, TCB acknowledge why their 'fair play policy' may be valid, they dismissed this! They think it's reasonable for a member to wait 3 months to try and resolve what now must appear to be a misleading promotion (tracked at approx half the promoted rate). I believe I've been very patient waiting 2 months to resolve this, over and above what can be expected for an error out of my control. A total lack of customer care and a chance missed by TCB.

@steve1500 - I would love to hear Martins views on the financial issues via cashback sites. I go along with guidance from the FCA and especially the FOS. As the FCA state, regarding agents:
    This is a firm or individual that can act on behalf of another firm (its principal) that is authorised in the UK or regulated in another EEA country. The principal is responsible for the appointed representative's activities.
    The FOS have advised the quickest route may be to take the cashback site through the 'Small Claims' process and have even advised to raise a complaint with Action Fraud if you think you have been scammed. The latter is stretching it a bit, but I can see their point if companies continue to promote offers and then decline or massively delay payments. I like to challenge the marketing of such financial products. The promotion must be fair and accurate and that doesn't always happen. We wouldn't have this PPI scandal if the financial merchants and their agents operated fairly!

Away from TCB, I've managed to get my cashback added via a complaint to MyTravel and my Post Office complaint looks like it's coming to an end. I did have to 'educate' the Post Office that they are the 'principal' though as they did initially blame the cashback site. They quickly sobered up once this was pointed out. Maybe another lever?
    Edit - Both Mytravel and the Post Office were for financial product purchases.

Good luck guys, and may all your issues be small ones. :D
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 10 February 2016 at 4:36PM
    Options
    For benefit of anyone who has never seen it, here is a TCB "Fair Play Policy" reply from Forum archives.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2404271#1

What has changed at TCB some may ask, I have very good reason to believe that what is now a good few years back certainly before TCB changed its T+C, someone who was working for a very well known Money Saving Consumer Website left and joined TCB, as the saying goes the rest is now history.

I certainly wouldnt ask advice from anyone re a firm or company who has had affiliated links on his/her website for years relating to a firm/company that I am unhappy with irrespective of whether or not the website has since been sold.

"If a link has a * by it, that means it is an affiliated link and therefore it helps MoneySavingExpert stay free to use, as it is tracked to us. If you go through it, it can sometimes result in a payment or benefit to the site"

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites ( See note at bottom of page)
  • Drat01
    Options
    I have had a claim open with TCB since last March but little to no progress - this was with Thomas Cook hols. I have also learned today that a recent one with Lastminute has now been rejected. It's funny that they seem to 'reject' / fail to collect on the larger value ones, I wonder why that is? I am in the process of contacting legal advice / trading standards as it seems that they are in breech of various items
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 8 March 2016 at 7:25PM
    Options
    @Crabman - I am very sorry to hear this has been declined. Our Team are going to look into this further for you which we are not normally able to do with these offers. If you could relate back to your support ticket as all updates will be provided there that would be great.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Hi Matt

Please would you ask your Manager to review this case?

Disappointingly your colleague appears to be going in circles.

TopCashback needs to start treating customers fairly. The terms of the offer were complied with in full and the cashback of £1.50 is therefore due.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @bristolleedsfan, interesting post.

Do you want to name? I'd be flabbergasted if it's who it could possibly be!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 11 February 2016 at 12:40AM
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    @bristolleedsfan, interesting post.

Do you want to name? I'd be flabbergasted if it's who it could possibly be!

Nope, I have no knowledge of whom, merely I have for years had very good reason to believe he/she was regarded as being a very good contact at the very well known Money Saving Consumer Website for another cashback site until he/she left to join TCB.

TCB, these are the words/reply loyal members such as Crabman and others deserve as part of your "Fair Play Policy" out of your huge profits ;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3282000&highlight=quidco&page=146#2918

"If you would like to contact the support team I have no doubt that they'll be happy to make a goodwill gesture to your account"
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    I am trying to create a support ticket to query why my cashback hasn't gone to payable yet but am unable to. I enter the retailers name, and then under the 'please select a transaction' bit, it says 'no options' and so I can't continue any further. It's been about 5-6 months now since I took the policy out.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

TCB, these are the words/reply loyal members such as Crabman and others deserve as part of your "Fair Play Policy" out of your huge profits

I fully agree.

No movements overnight on my financials. :D

But, Venere did move to confirmed and they are promoted as a 'faster paying merchant', so more to cash out within 14 days I'd imagine. Good decent company though and I've had excellent customer service from them (and their group) over the years.
    Cashed in my missing cashback claim for Craghoppers. Not too long a wait there to be honest.
    Posted this info to balance things up a bit, because it can go right sometimes. It's not all doom and gloom!
    Hard work though when it goes wrong!
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    Thanks for replying Matt.

I will give it another 14 days for TCB to complete their investigation.

At the end of this time I shall, if still no further forward with the cashback becoming Payable, contact Nationwide directly and make a formal complaint leading to investigation by the Ombudsman.

As it's taking months to investigate (WHY!!!:o) I think there is nothing else I can do in this disempowering situation.

Thankyou for your time:)

Just 5 days to go before I make my complaint direct to Nationwide in the face of no effective resolution by useless TCB who keep asking me to 'be patient' but never any evidence as to what the problem is.

Yes it's only been six and a half months my CB has been confirmed.

Tick tock tick tock:(
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I hope you’re all doing well. I did post a reply yesterday but this didn't look to have saved so I’ll be sure to cover all of your posts and points again 

@jamichi1 - I truly am sorry you feel like that and as I have explained I will happily review this if you send me an email.

@B_M – I do hope your Direct Line transaction progresses soon or around the estimate we have provided, as I am sure you know these dates are not agreed deadlines but average estimates and so it may be after this before your cashback is paid.
    In regards to Hotelopia it wouldn’t be possible to offer you goodwill as this point as this would mean in the nature of fairness we would have to also offer something similar with anyone who has had incorrectly tracked cashback - this would be guaranteeing cashback and this is not something we do.

It is important to note that if cashback tracks incorrectly the cashback network doesn't believe we are eligible for the full amount of cashback for some reason. We award our members at the minimum every penny we are awarded for their transaction taking place and we believe this is the best and fairest way to award cashback.

@Drat01 - If you can email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I can look at your claims and also the reasons for the decline. I will then be able to give you more help with this.

@Crabman – I can see your ticket has been looked into by another member of the team and have explained the issue with your receipt. If you still believe you would like to escalate this please mention this on our ticket and our team will review this in line with our standard procedure.

@bristolleedsfan – In line with the fair play policy when making decisions we have to think about other members. If a member did something incorrectly would we have to be happy to offer the same gesture for every member who did that same error. It wouldn’t be right to comment on another individual’s case without the full information which a forum doesn’t always provide. What is important to note is that we pass on 100% of the commission we receive for a transaction and also pay a top up. This means we do not profit from members making an individual transaction.

@Georgiegirl256 - If you could send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will happily look into your transaction for you and provide you with the best update I can

@Yorkshire Pud - We are trying our best to get all outstanding issues resolved with this merchant as soon as we can and hopefully we have some progress with this soon for you.

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback