Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 February 2016 at 8:51AM
    Options

@B_M – I do hope your Direct Line transaction progresses soon or around the estimate we have provided, as I am sure you know these dates are not agreed deadlines but average estimates and so it may be after this before your cashback is paid.
    In regards to Hotelopia it wouldn’t be possible to offer you goodwill as this point as this would mean in the nature of fairness we would have to also offer something similar with anyone who has had incorrectly tracked cashback - this would be guaranteeing cashback and this is not something we do.

It is important to note that if cashback tracks incorrectly the cashback network doesn't believe we are eligible for the full amount of cashback for some reason. We award our members at the minimum every penny we are awarded for their transaction taking place and we believe this is the best and fairest way to award cashback.

@bristolleedsfan – What is important to note is that we pass on 100% of the commission we receive for a transaction and also pay a top up. This means we do not profit from members making an individual transaction.

Or it could mean TCB totally screwed up their 'exclusive' offer and what they promoted was incorrect.
    For reference, what part of the Hotelopia fiasco would your deem fair? Obviously TCB must think it's fair, otherwise it would have been unfair and the 'fair play policy' would have kicked in?

Don't worry about Direct Line, it looks like it's going to go the same way as it did a few years back. Fully expected, but I did think they may have cleaned up their act a little!
    With this one, TCB promoted the stats at being almost a 99% satisfaction rate! Also promoted as 18 weeks estimate, which is over what the FOS deem fair. The 18 weeks changed to 22 weeks (over 5 months) late on! Bad practice changing estimates after the cooling off period had ended! Very naughty!

If TCB pay 100% of what they receive and then 'lose' 5% of their own money on top ups, why do they bother with the 'dodgy' merchants? Would it not make sense to drop them?
    There must be far better ways of losing your cash? :D

@Yorkshire Pud, the very best of luck and I seriously hope you receive proper customer service from the Nationwide if it gets there.
    Take no nonsense and advise them they are the 'principals' and are fully responsible for the activities (or lack of) from their 'appointed representative's'.
    No doubt you will keep the thread updated and it certainly helps others, even those contemplating joining TCB!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • Cgilchrist99
    Options
    I think I have the record at the moment. I've been waiting for a claim to be paid from Jan 2015! I've sent numerous messages and nudges, and even lodged complaints about the service. Guess it's Quidco for me in future.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @Cgilchrist99, a very poor performance, or lack of! The old TCB forum was littered with woes like this and some even waited 18 months or more!
    I'm sure Matt will be along soon to explain their 'fair play policy' and 'mission statement'.
    Good luck, but if it's a financial issue, then that's fairly easy to resolve with a direct mis selling complaint.

Venere went to payable overnight and now cashed in. This seems a very reliable and honourable company. There are still some about.;)

Lets see what the weekend brings, but Hotelopia will be contacted on Monday if not resolved as this is now a joke! It also looks like I'll be starting my Direct Line complaint initially with TCB on Sunday.

Have a good one.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all looking forward to the weekend!

@B_M - I have checked the transactions from this merchant during the exclusive offer and others are tracking at the correct rate. While one member may believe a merchant is dodgy others may not have the same opinion. A merchant may have an issue with a small batch of payments but overall I believe members would prefer the chance to earn cashback rather than not even have the chance to. I'm sure you agree it's much better to earn £5 for example even if it takes a few months than £0. Not every merchant who has commission available is on our site for various reasons and we don't just accept anyone. We also do review and if necessary remove merchants from our site.

@Cgilchrist99 - You may be interested to know that other cashback sites also have to use the same process for querying cashback as us. Therefore there's a chance you would be in the same boat no matter which cashback site you used. However, going by the dates you have provided I totally understand why you are frustrated by this time scale and if you can email me at mse@topcashback.couk I will happily investigate this for you.

I do hope this helps you both.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @B_M - I have checked the transactions from this merchant during the exclusive offer and others are tracking at the correct rate. Not every merchant who has commission available is on our site for various reasons and we don't just accept anyone.

Mine didn't track at the correct rate around 2 months ago and is still showing at the incorrect rate now, around 2 months later.
    As you seem to have missed a few questions I posted earlier, I'll post again and await your response.
    For reference, what part of the Hotelopia fiasco would your deem fair? Obviously TCB must think it's fair, otherwise it would have been unfair and the 'fair play policy' would have kicked in?

for various reasons and we don't just accept anyone.
    And I thought it was the other way around? I thought it was the merchants who use affiliate marketing to sell their products and services etc and it's affiliates who request to be allowed to promote them and receive cashback? What do I know about affiliate networking! I thought it was the merchants who decided whether they just accepted anyone!
    I have multiple transactions with financial purchases coming, or should be coming to fruition soon via TCB. I will challenge each and every one slightly after the 'estimate payment date' passes. I believe these 'estimates' are there to mislead and the amount of delays back my beliefs up.
    First will be British Gas, they have 3 weeks to pay.
    Fully satisfied and paid out.

Aviva will be the first week in February, if not paid - these are usually good though.
    Direct Line will be the middle of February, these won't get a day after the 18 weeks, as 18 weeks is well long enough!
    (still at confirmed, a high risk and one of the hardest to resolve). The 'naughty' one and has moved from 18 weeks estimate to 22 weeks! My deadline is still 18 weeks.
    British Gas again, but I will give them to early April.
    (Still at pending, but early still). Moved to confirmed.
    Nationwide, again April, probably mid April.

No movements with Direct Line (or the non financial Hotelopia), but British Gas has moved to confirmed overnight. As a 'faster paying merchant', this should be paid within 14 days and could well come in as estimated. That would just leave the 1 to resolve and the 1 that was always going to be an issue. I believe the promotion was and has been in the past, mis leading!
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just me again, but a surprise!
    I have multiple transactions with financial purchases coming, or should be coming to fruition soon via TCB. I will challenge each and every one slightly after the 'estimate payment date' passes. I believe these 'estimates' are there to mislead and the amount of delays back my beliefs up.
    First will be British Gas, they have 3 weeks to pay.

Aviva will be the first week in February, if not paid - these are usually good though.
    Direct Line will be the middle of February, these won't get a day after the 18 weeks, as 18 weeks is well long enough!
    (still at confirmed, a high risk and one of the hardest to resolve). The 'naughty' one and has moved from 18 weeks estimate to 22 weeks! My deadline is still 18 weeks. Finally gone to payable and cashed out.
    British Gas again, but I will give them to early April.
    (Still at pending, but early still). Moved to confirmed.
    Nationwide, again April, probably mid April.
    Signed in to my TCB account this morning to start my Direct Line complaint and lo and behold, it's only gone to payable! Spooky or what?
    Bitter sweet to tell the truth! Bitter, as I wanted to try something out with this one! Maybe next time, but it saves a lot of work for many. Sweet, that it's resolved.

I'm not expecting Hotelopia to suddenly appear correct, as in line with the promotion, so that will take some effort and starting tomorrow. Two months is long enough to be honest and fair. Lets see how Hotelopia treat their customers, but I still have the option to cancel for free.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    Still waiting for my Nationwide Cashback, how slow the wheels do turn in trying to resolve this! Nearly 7 months now, surely as its Confirmed it should be easy to get it to Payable?

One positive, all my other TCB transactions have been paid out roughly around the estimated time, only other delay was a previous er Nationwide:cool: but a recent Nationwide was paid five weeks earlier than estimate!

Does however look like I will have to go the Complaint route to Nationwide tomorrow as my 14 day notice will be up and after two months of 'investigation' by TCB, it is just not good enough.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 February 2016 at 1:48PM
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and it wasn't too cold.

B_M - I am l gad to hear that another of your transactions has progressed :D Hopefully your Hotelopia claim will also be resolved soon. As explained for legit reasons we may be awarded lower commission that expected and it is the role of the claim to query this and get to the bottom of what has happened. This is still within the estimate claim resolution time and so I ask that you bear with us.

While the merchant will of course decide whether or not a certain site is able to earn commission we also have a deciding factor on who to show on our site. There are thousands if not millions of sites you can earn cashback from but we will not show every one.

@Yorkshire Pud - I am glad that overall your cashback is paid within a reasonable time frame. I do believe we are making some progress with this merchant and so I hope it wont be too long before your issue is resolved.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 February 2016 at 7:56PM
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    Hi Matt

Your colleague said (ticket 648255) that the receipt timed 19:42:01 was declined:
    "I can see that the receipt image submitted was also submitted on another members account. This goes against the terms and conditions of the offer."
    Yet despite my own investigation, it remains unclear where this other submission has originated. I received a response to ticket 640713 saying the receipt on my own account (timed 19:37:23) was successfully submitted, so clearly my account is not the source of the duplicate upload.

Which account has already submitted the receipt timed 19:42:01?

I am asking you very clearly - please disclose which member's account submitted this receipt.

The customer complied with the terms and conditions of the offer & the cashback of £1.50 is due, together with ongoing administrative costs in dealing with this matter.

I'm guessing this is to do with Snap & Save? The receipt being declined because is has already been claimed.

I've had a few receipts declined for the same reason, with zero explanation, despite asking for an explanation, where else was it claimed - no answer.

As I pointed out there is more chance of winning the lottery than someone buying an item with an identical time stamp.

I've given up with snap & save, if someone has claimed the money, & it is not us, then who is it........ I'm reminded of Richard Pryor in Superman 3, who will miss the odd cent
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    steve1500 wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is to do with Snap & Save? The receipt being declined because is has already been claimed.

I've had a few receipts declined for the same reason, with zero explanation, despite asking for an explanation, where else was it claimed - no answer.

As I pointed out there is more chance of winning the lottery than someone buying an item with an identical time stamp.

I've given up with snap & save, if someone has claimed the money, & it is not us, then who is it........ I'm reminded of Richard Pryor in Superman 3, who will miss the odd cent

Yes, this is snap & save.

Interesting to hear that this appears to not be an isolated issue. I will wait and see how Matt addresses and resolves your complaint. Do keep us updated.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback