Forum Home» Shop but don't drop

Topcashback Questions & Answers - Page 225

New Post Advanced Search

Topcashback Questions & Answers

edited 27 October 2015 at 10:51AM in Shop but don't drop
4.8K replies 751.3K views

Replies

• TopCashBack_Company_RepresentativeTopCashBack_Company_Representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning everyone,

I hope you are all well.

@Crabman - As I am sure you can appreciate it is not possible to disclose any member of staff and/ or their job role within the company. What I can see is you haven't further queried the ticket after being given the information about the receipt as requested. I would ask that you keep to your ticket as this reduces any confusion and mix up and if you wish to further query this please reply to your ticket.

@steve1500 - I understand any declined transaction can be frustrating. If you receive a declined snap and save receipt you are more than welcome to send in a support ticket to further query this and the team will do everything they can to help you. What we can't prevent however is the system recognising the same receipt being used more than once as this goes on the unique information provided on the receipt.

I do hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • steve1500steve1500 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Good Morning everyone,

@steve1500 - I understand any declined transaction can be frustrating. If you receive a declined snap and save receipt you are more than welcome to send in a support ticket to further query this and the team will do everything they can to help you. What we can't prevent however is the system recognising the same receipt being used more than once as this goes on the unique information provided on the receipt.

I do hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Matt I don't like to be cynical, but if I have the receipt & the only method I know of claiming is via Snap & save, then how can it have been claimed via another route.

The stock answer I had back was already been claimed, even when I submitted a support ticket querying it.
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • edited 17 February 2016 at 8:28AM
    B_MB_M Forumite
    714 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 February 2016 at 8:28AM
    B_M wrote: »
    I'm not expecting Hotelopia to suddenly appear correct, as in line with the promotion, so that will take some effort and starting tomorrow. Two months is long enough to be honest and fair. Lets see how Hotelopia treat their customers, but I still have the option to cancel for free.

I generated my complaint direct with Hotelopia early yesterday morning after no movement at the TCB end. I thought it would be more tricky, as I was dealing with someone in a different continent!
    However, today, the missing part of the promotion has been added (minus the top up).
    Bizarrely though, the complaint part is showing in confirmed, with the original still showing in pending! Hopefully it will go to payable together.
    If Matt could get someone (competent) to 'stitch' these two part payments together, add the top up and we'll actually be getting somewhere. Please can you look into this?
    So, Hotelopia were very good. Maybe not a quick as Hoppa, but due to the logistics, I'm well impressed.

Another one resolved by B_M. :T

updated: This is madness! My complaint part of my missing due payment, has actually had the top up added overnight and has moved straight to payable. Maybe Hotelopia have advised to make this payable immediately? I'll leave it another week to see if Alison (back on 18th), who is taking ownership of this issue, can finally 'nail' it. If not, then a second complaint to tie it all up.
    You just couldn't make it all up, you really couldn't!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have used TCB for many years. I have found increasingly over the past 12 month that I have to chase at least 50% of claims either not paid or incorrectly tracked. Although the odd bits add up, I am begining to wonder if it is worth the effort. The system needs to be far more robust AND companies taking part need to honour their promises.
    I too will be tackling Nationwide on miss selling after a €75 denied cashback on new account, after they messed up. Grrr....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • TopCashBack_Company_RepresentativeTopCashBack_Company_Representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning everyone,

@Crabman - As this is snap and save and the issue you raise is something I'm not fully equipped to answer it wouldn't be right for me to respond to the ticket myself I am afraid.

@steve1500 - If you send me an email to [email protected] I should be able to look into your receipt further but I can't make any grantees I am afraid.

@B_M - I am glad your claim has now been resolved. I (or any other member of the team) can't merge transactions together this is because once a claim is lodged the transaction is treated separately as the system is slightly more manual for claims. Some merchants decide to pay for confirmed claims very soon after they are successful. This does sometimes mean the original transaction doesn't progress at the same time but when the merchant confirms and pays for that part of the transaction we will be happy to pay it for you. I can see your top up has been added to both transactions.

@JPears - The system we have to use is the same as the one other cashback and commission earning sites use but I do understand when things don't track or don't track correctly it can be frustrating. This is generally caused by some issues with the cookies on your device at the time of purchase. We also keep a close watch on tracking and if we notice anything strange we will query this to get it resolved as soon as possible. Most tracking issues are not merchant specific however.

I do hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • BugalugsBugalugs Forumite
    119 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Surely they must be super popular? What's happened?
  • Hi there guys. Looking for a bit of advice really.

I have used Tcb for a long time and at the start they were great. Things would get tracked and eventually majority were paid.

However over the past couple of years I have noticed if I did anything say over £50 it would eventually get declined even though I did everything requested to do.

Right now I have quite a lot of these declined.

These are a few of them.

1. Sky existing customers.
    Signed up to broadband and phone through topcashback as they had a promotion offering £90 cashback. Everything went fine with it being switched on. Then a few months later I see the declined word. The reason "Duplicate".
    I find that hard to take simply because how on earth can it be a duplicate?! I didn't sign up twice and have the cashback pending twice! Seems an odd one to me.

2. Vodafone.
    Joined Vodafone through a promotion on topcashback where if you signed up to a red 4g contract costing over £46 a month I would receive £80 in cashback.
    Everything went fine, got my new phone sent out. Up and running and bills taken etc. Then cashback says declined. Reason for this was "Commission not paid on products purchased"....... This is the one that annoys me the most. If there was to be no cashback paid on this product why was it advertised in a promotion on the website?! Seems a cop out to me.

There are about 3 or 4 others but those two are my big concerns simply because I moved my services and got into lengthily contracts. As far as I am concerned because of that these advertised fees should be paid. Otherwise I would of gone elsewhere.

So my question is what should I do?

Many thanks
    Marco
  • Yorkshire_PudYorkshire_Pud Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Yorkshire Pud and B_M

@Yorkshire Pud - This is the reason we ask members not to contact the merchant, because you do get misinformed about cashback and what it is. Going back to the essentials of cashback it is important to note is not a special offer but instead us giving you the chance to earn the commission from the purchase. This therefore is seen as commission and not as cashback or an offer. I can 100% confirm that nationwide do offer cashback and we are allowed to display their rates on our site. While we cannot directly speak with Nationwide about your transaction the affiliate chases all outstanding transactions and gets them progressing as soon as they can. There is no reason for me to believe this wont progress.However, please do send me an email to [email protected] so I can take a closer look into the situation with your transaction.
    Best wishes,
    Matt

After 14 days notice and still no resolution I contacted Nationwide directly and asked to make a Complaint. I was not allowed to make a complaint because again I am told that Nationwide do not have any affiliation to TCB and 'don't need to use other companies for promotion as they have their Refer a Friend promotion'. This from a manager.

So emphatically Nationwide are not the source of the CB from TCB for the Nationwide accounts on TCB?

I have said I still want to make a complaint and a Senior Manager is due to phone me in the next day and then a Final Response letter can be sent me.

What do you say Matt, isn't it all rather a poor customer experience from TCB and Nationwide?

Anyone any ideas what I can do as TCB and Nationwide can't do anything?
  • edited 17 February 2016 at 9:21PM
    B_MB_M Forumite
    714 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 February 2016 at 9:21PM

@B_M - I am glad your claim has now been resolved. I (or any other member of the team) can't merge transactions together this is because once a claim is lodged the transaction is treated separately as the system is slightly more manual for claims. Some merchants decide to pay for confirmed claims very soon after they are successful. This does sometimes mean the original transaction doesn't progress at the same time but when the merchant confirms and pays for that part of the transaction we will be happy to pay it for you. I can see your top up has been added to both transactions.

No problem Matt, I'll leave it seven more days and if not resolved fully, then complaint Part 2 direct to Hotelopia.
    I thought it may have been too much to ask. :D
    St_Marco wrote: »
    So my question is what should I do?

Anything contract based, like Sky and Vodafone will be governed by a regulatory body, an Ombudsman.
    Make a mis selling complaint and if not resolved, take it to the Ombudsman. Potential penalties for both companies.
    For Vodafone, check out the Vodafone threads on the mobiles forum. I think it's Lee from Vodafone who can easily resolve complaints.
    Update: This thread link may help.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69763759#3785

Good luck.

Anyone any ideas what I can do as TCB and Nationwide can't do anything?

Miss out your branch and register your complaint by phone.
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/contact-us/make-a-complaint
    They will be well aware of how to process a complaint.
    Don't forget to ask for adequate compensation for your efforts. £20 - £30 is a nominal write off value.
    I'd also report TCB and the Nationwide to the FCA for the marketing of and failure to pay this promotion.
    Best wishes.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • Yorkshire_PudYorkshire_Pud Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't contacted my local branch I went straight to Nationwide contact centre and they said they couldn't progress a complaint because of no connection to TCB! That was after talking to two people and escalating to a manager who 'couldn't tell me anything different' than the other person!

I have pushed it after she suggested I write a secure message and said I want to do it over the phone. She said a manager will contact me before 20:00 Thursday to make a complaint, finally.

I am going to ask if there is no connection between TCB and Nationwide then how do TCB know that an account has been opened with Nationwide and all conditions complied with? Farcical really.