why are people still driving too fast?

Options

Comments

• choc_mouse
    Options
    Exactly, I always laugh at those who overtake me on a 60mph road when I'm doing 50mph & just 1 mile later I've caught them up at the lights? What was the point?:rotfl:

The point is they missed the green light because you were in the way!
  • choc_mouse
    Options
    Do what I do listen to classic FM chill & drive slower you get better fuel economy & you arrive at your destination less stressed & a damn site more happier :T

Actually, that is good advice everyone. I do find that when I set off when not in a rush, I do feel happier, less stressed and less likely to take risks.
  • Gene_Hunt_2
    Gene_Hunt_2 Posts: 3,902 Forumite
    Options
    NEH wrote: »
    Put it this way if you drive too slowly you're not keeping pace with traffic and would fail your driving test these days....;)

You'd also fail for going 85-90 in the outside lane.;)
  • Geordie_bear
    Options
    choc_mouse wrote: »
    The point is they missed the green light because you were in the way!
    and they'd have saved an extra minute on their journey whoopy doo :D
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    So you're now admitting that you don't do the speed limits even on a normal road? I wish you could take your driving test again because if you did 50mph in a 60 zone you would have a fail on your hands....

Quite simply, not true.
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    I've dropped to 56mph now as I get about 6mpg more than 75mph.
    (Unless I have to brake for tailgaters).
    As for the speedo, oddly enough, it's not 10% slow. Despite what the driver crawling up the tow bar thinks.
  • Redman30
    Redman30 Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly, I always laugh at those who overtake me on a 60mph road when I'm doing 50mph & just 1 mile later I've caught them up at the lights? What was the point?:rotfl:

To get in front of people like you who like to dawdle and cause congestion. I'm far less annoyed by 'idiots' when they're behind me.

There should be a special hell reserved for people who insist on doing 45-50mph on an open, single carriageway national speed limit road in good conditions. Much the same as those who insist on going 40mph *everywhere* regardless of speed limit.

I fail to see your point in any case. My car does 60mpg+ when cruising on a motorway at a reasonable speed, which you would likely think horrific.

And you also understand that you have to pay for the fuel you use don't you? So what's the difference. Grow up, stop feeling superior when you're really not, and stop trolling.

Have a good day.
  • Jeff_Bridges_hair
    Options
    bap98189 wrote: »
    Get real. Most lorries are doing that speed and nobody complains they are dangerous.

Thats because they are limited to do so - Im sure they would go faster is they could but they could be more dangerous if going faster
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
  • choc_mouse
    Options
    and they'd have saved an extra minute on their journey whoopy doo :D
    It matters to some people :D

But I don't think the current petrol prices ~£1.30/litre, are high enough to change driving behaviour across the country. We are getting there though with more news/advice on how to drive more efficiently.
  • foofi22
    foofi22 Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So you're now admitting that you don't do the speed limits even on a normal road? I wish you could take your driving test again because if you did 50mph in a 60 zone you would have a fail on your hands....

No you wouldn't. A speed limit is a limit, not a target.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure