Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Options

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Love PLL, the sun & rain cloud is perfect, sums up our weather well, haha. No worries about FB I understand after what you've been through, i'll get the details from everyone and message you. I've finished the 2 little baubles that came with the latest CSC, probably more Christmas stitching coming up too.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,880 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,
    I've started a new piece, it's Pretty Maids in a Row by Thomas Joseph. I bought this at the Black Sheep Brewery in Masham of all places and it remind me of my sisters Yorkshire holiday cottage. This will be framed and wrapped for a Christmas, so although not Christmas-themed like I had planned it will be part of her gift this year.
    So far I've done about half:
    https://flic.kr/p/2hxShTn
    and it's coming together really quickly which is good as I'm very behind this year with Christmas prep. Managed to get two youngest nephews presents yesterday, older teens will get cash and a little something to open. Wish we didn't do adult gifts anymore but no appetite for stopping just yet :(
    Hope you're all going well.
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Coxy, pretty maids in a row is lovely, I can see its stitching up quickly, have you managed to finish it yet? Sorry for not posting recently, time seems to be vanishing atm. Not long till we start the card exchange, must find a design for that. :rudolf: :xmassmile

I have completed a couple of projects, the baubles free gift and a snowglobe from csc issue 261. got the latest issue but haven't looked at it yet. I've also been making some crochet items my latest finish was a bear made with the worst wool ever.

48976641926_4292f44a61_o.jpg

48976665956_257c23679f_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Latest update on Pretty Maids:
    https://flic.kr/p/2hDvcBs

It's stitching up nicely and has restored my love for stitching as Collecting Shells nearly finished me off! Talking of which, I collected my little ladies from the framers last weekend and will hopefully get them on the wall this weekend. I'm really pleased with them and worth the expense eeek!

The Christmas makes look lovely nmm. I went to WHS in my lunch break last week and was half tempted to buy a mag but put it back. Love the bear. What was up with the wool??

No stitching tonight as BFF is coming over and DH will go out with her DH. Hope to do some more this weekend and then onto Christmas cards.

Reminder to all to let me know if you want to take part, so I can organise the swap.
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Hi Coxy, glad you got your love for stitching back and that you're happy with the framed ladies, looking forward to the photos. I've only been doing small projects atm so will have to decide my next larger one, probably won't start it till after Christmas cards are done. The wool was similar to mohair but cheap and nasty, the hook was constantly getting stuck and the same issue when I was attaching the limbs. I expected it to be fluffier.

48996451392_2e113dc898_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Oh nmm I see what you mean - looks very difficult to work with! Well done for persevering, the bear looks great :)
    Had a good catch up with BFF last night. Had to take our car for a new window this morning following the vandalism (yes still hadn't got it fixed). Looking forward to lighting a scented candle, watching strictly and doing some stitching later.
    Time to update my list too I think.
    Coxy xx
  • nmm
    Options
    Finished another one, i'm on a roll :rudolf: :xmassmile

49003162982_191ee6c253_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Love the latest make nmm - so cute! Wow you're fast too :eek:
    Latest update on Pretty Maids:
    https://flic.kr/p/2hGmxoT
    cross stitching is finished and have started on the BABS - not too much but always takes longer than you think...!
    Next project is card exchange piece. Do we have any takers or just nmm and I?
    Off to work today then a lecture on Antartica at the House of Commons tonight. Should be interesting.
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy xx
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    Coxy. I definitely want to do the Christmas card exchange even though I rarely post on here these days
  • nmm
    Options
    Coxy did you get my pm with the addresses from FB? Think there is 7 in total including mine. PLL is adorable can't wait for it to pop. The snowglobes are nice quick projects, going to start my exchange card today.

FOS, nice to see you again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family