Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• ramsand7
    Options
    Have posted to social media ref 18744991 as per advice. Have no service (for the second time) now for 18 days due to porting issue - but have also been told not a porting issue. I DON'T CARE, I JUST NEED A PHONE SERVICE! Was out of UK for 11 days stranded in France due to travel problem, plus father in hospital at home. Had to borrow phone from others. Totally fed up of ringing and being taken back to step 1 as cannot be connected to case manager. Technical Team emailed to say problem sorted on 15th May, but i still cannot receive phone calls or texts. Promised 'senior manager' call yesterday - NOT Happened. Total disgrace of a service. I asked for a new phone or even a new number to be given to resolve, not possible. Asked to be released from contract as Vodafone not upholding it's end of contract - no can do. I'm being bullied into keeping and paying for a non-existent phone service.:(
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi ramsand7,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the level of service that you've received from us recently.

I've checked your reference number and can see that a resolution was provided on 25 May.

If you need any further help, please reply to the last email you received from us.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Einst
    Einst Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Over a period of 14 months, Vodafone have lied about fixing a small problem.. initially, they said it was impossible, but once I explained my daughter had bill notifications, they admitted it could be done. but after 14 months, with many phone calls, saying it was fixed, the problem remains.
    Having now had enough, I have tried to amicably cancel my contract, I have spent all weekend on the phone.. (8+ hours on Sunday) asking to speak to a manager, the reply being no managers here.. then getting to speak to a manager.. finally asking to be put through to someone in the UK, and told it is impossible.. and again, managed to be transferred, so lies upon lies.
    I can only describe Vodafone as having the worst possible customer service ever.. and still the problem is not resolved. 2 complaints have been raised, and it is now going to be escalated to the ombudsman, by their choice.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    But... sounds like you've ignored the repeated advice on this thread... which is your choice!
  • MrsMeg
    MrsMeg Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I've just used the form to request the removal of a default on my credit file. Basically, when I left Vodafone they failed to send me a final bill despite my request via phone, twitter and livechat. Then I get a bailiffs letter! You can imagine I was raging! I phoned Vodafone and settled what was due, about £20, however this default is now on my credit file. As soon as I left Vodafone, I couldn't access my online account so had to reply on their customer services team, which have to be the worst ever. This is entirely their fault, so they had better removed the default. Anyway, I'm just venting on here as I am very annoyed.

But I will go have a cup of tea, thanks for reading.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2018 at 4:05PM
    Options
    Why do you think it will be removed? Sounds like you cancelled the direct debit before knowing whether there would be a balancing charge. If so it will show as a late payment for the next 6 years - and accurately.
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi Einst,

It's disappointing to hear about your experience.

So we can access your account to see what's happened, please email us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check that it's been received.

MrsMeg, we've got your email and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MrsMeg
    Options
    The direct debit was cancelled with a view to paying the final bill manually. I was ready & waiting to pay my bill but I never came. Not my fault. I can't pay what I can't see. They are awful at customer service so I shouldn't be surprised. But a default is ridiculous, they will remove it.
  • MrsMeg
    Options
    I'm exasperated with Vodafone. They just do not listen. I never received a final bill when I left in December, I chased every time I got a text reminder telling me that I was due them money, still no bill. Then they send my details to a collections agency! I'm considering legal action to clear my credit file. A learned friend tells me I can argue that legally without a bill/invoice, I am not obliged to pay. Might be worth the hour in court.

When they did eventually email me my bill, I paid it there and then on the phone. That was May.

What an absolute shamble of an organisation.

WRT135 [#18869672] in case someone in the know can check it out.
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi MrsMeg,

I'm sorry to hear that you remain unhappy.

As you've mentioned calling us after you received reminders via text message, please reply to our last email confirming the dates you called on.

To help us investigate this matter further, please also attach a copy of the relevant phone bills showing the calls made.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure