Teacher told child she could wet herself

Options

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    Christ

I'm an adult and if i need the loo during my shift even i'm allowed to go! (yes i also go on every break but sometimes when you need to go, you need to go)

Also on the subject of perios started in year 5, had a very heavy flow and had to carry around used towels as there was no where to dispose of them (incluuding in secondary school), there were many times i leaked and had to get my mum to get a change of clothes because teacher wouldn;t allow me to go to the toilet during class (plus i was bullied badly and periods back then made you an easy target, one girl has her sanitary products tipped put in class and was mercilessly riduculed for having them)
    But there was no period in this case
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Guest101 wrote: »
    But there was no period in this case

Maybe not, but personally I'm ready for a full stop. :D
  • BJV
    BJV Posts: 2,535 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 July 2017 at 10:56AM
    Options
    Well you had better get used to it, as it is likely he will not be allowed to go to the toilet.They have breaks to prepare class and take precautions against needing the toilet. Yes needing a wee desperately is distracting, but so is children going to the toilet in lesson time.

No actually I don't. I honestly do not care if you find it distracting it is your job to be able to deal with that. You are a trained adult who should be able to cope with this situation. They are children.

My daughter is 11 and will start her periods soon. I would be devastated if she was not able to go to the toilet.

As I am sure you will be aware for the first few years of starting a period they can be very irregular. Also sometimes very heavy. Sometimes lots of pain. Yes I will help her to be able to accept cope and deal with all of this but to deny the human right of being able to change a sanitary product. ????

I am lucky. I have a good job, reasonable standard of living and work long and hard. I am respected in my field but my body sometimes does things out of schedule. Very annoying but being a human being I accept this. This is life.

It is not more important that you may be distracted for a milli second than children sit in discomfort for a lesson. How much to you think that they are actually taking in while worrying to hold everything in.

I want my children to go to a good school where educational excellence is expected. Where they are taught to be respectful, and with our ( parents) help can grow to become amazing wonderful young people. I have two children. One boy 14 one girl 11. I would back them 100% for walking out of the lesson if they had had I mean had to go.

Please remember that respect is something that is a has to be earned and is very easily lost. I would hate to think that my two would be taught by someone who is not prepared to treat them with respect. They are young people and you have the honor of helping to make them special.

Please do not miss understand me my two are no angels. My son is just about to start his ebach, ( think that is how you spell it ) and my daughter moving to middle school in sept. I do and would continue to full support my children's schools for any lapse of behavior or attitude. But when you need the loo you need the loo. Being forced to give a detailed reason is draconian.

You are a teacher so I will try and be as respectful of the fantastic job that most teachers do but have to say Louise you sound a little power crazed???

I once remember standing in a chemistry lesson with Mr Stewart who looked like a frog and when he would not let me go the to toilet I had to scream it was because I was leaking blood everywhere. Not nice to have a class of 15 year old's staring at you laughing. It must have affected me because I still remember how humiliated I felt even now over twenty years later.

There was no period in this case but there might of been?
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!:A
  • Guest101
    Options
    BJV wrote: »
    No actually I don't. I honestly do not care if you find it distracting it is your job to be able to deal with that. You are a trained adult who should be able to cope with this situation. They are children.

My daughter is 11 and will start her periods soon. I would be devastated if she was not able to go to the toilet. - you can always home school

As I am sure you will be aware for the first few years of starting a period they can be very irregular. Also sometimes very heavy. Sometimes lots of pain. Yes I will help her to be able to accept cope and deal with all of this but to deny the human right of being able to change a sanitary product. ???? - which section of the human rights act is that?

I am lucky. I have a good job, reasonable standard of living and work long and hard. - good, so would you like your daughters teacher to pop along and tell you how to do that job? I am respected in my field but my body sometimes does things out of schedule. Very annoying but being a human being I accept this. This is life.

It is not more important that you may be distracted for a milli second than children sit in discomfort for a lesson. How much to you think that they are actually taking in while worrying to hold everything in.

I want my children to go to a good school where educational excellence is expected. Where they are taught to be respectful, and with our ( parents) help can grow to become amazing wonderful young people. I have two children. One boy 14 one girl 11. I would back them 100% for walking out of the lesson if they had had I mean had to go. - well that's up to you. but you don't set the rules. It's not your school, nor your classroom.

Please remember that respect is something that is a has to be earned and is very easily lost. - indeed. So why should the teacher respect you? I would hate to think that my two would be taught by someone who is not prepared to treat them with respect. They are young people and you have the honor of helping to make them special. - wow...

Please do not miss understand me my two are no angels. My son is just about to start his ebach, ( think that is how you spell it ) and my daughter moving to middle school in sept. I do and would continue to full support my children's schools for any lapse of behavior or attitude. But when you need the loo you need the loo. Being forced to give a detailed reason is draconian. - in what way?

You are a teacher so I will try and be as respectful of the fantastic job that most teachers do but have to say Louise you sound a little power crazed???
    No, just a teacher who is in control of her classroom...
  • Guest101
    Options
    BJV wrote: »

There was no period in this case but there might of been?

There was no assault, but what if there had been?
    There was no drugs, but what if there had been?
    There was no issue, but what if there had been?

Well if there had been, we'd be having a different conversation
  • birtley90
    birtley90 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I am sorry but as a teacher I don't believe the teacher made that comment. With regards to going to the toilet she should have gone at lunch. As a year 4 teacher I don't allow toilet breaks in lesson time.

Its all good and well saying she should have gone at lunch. She probably didn't need a wee at lunch. If a child is desperate louiseturner do you still refuse,sounds barbaric to me
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Groundhog day on the thread and debate!
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why would it be any more embarrassing? Are you suggesting a male teacher wouldn't understand the issue? Seems a bit sexist....

I was referring to the fact that an 11 year old girl might find it more embarrassing if she had to mention it to a male teacher. Not that the male teacher would be embarrassed about it.

That might make it sexist, but it is what it is. An 11 year old girl is more like to want to talk to a woman about it, although I would imagine she wouldn't want to have to explain it at all!
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • Guest101
    Options
    I was referring to the fact that an 11 year old girl might find it more embarrassing if she had to mention it to a male teacher. Not that the male teacher would be embarrassed about it.

That might make it sexist, but it is what it is. An 11 year old girl is more like to want to talk to a woman about it, although I would imagine she wouldn't want to have to explain it at all!
    So its ok to be sexist, because it is what it is? Strange
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So its ok to be sexist, because it is what it is? Strange

But it is. I can't make pre-teen girls or teenage girls be less embarrassed about talking to a male teacher by telling them they are being sexist.

Same as it is most likely easier for a pre-teen boy / teenage boy to speak to a male teacher about things in certain areas.

If that's sexist, then so be it.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts