Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 4th Mar 19, 10:52 AM
    • 4,613Posts
    • 79,563Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World support thread 2019
    • 4th Mar 19, 10:52 AM
    Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World support thread 2019 4th Mar 19 at 10:52 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you, go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list; so that's pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra choice and one Healthy Extra choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 41
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Apr 19, 10:01 AM
    • 54,928 Posts
    • 640,233 Thanks
    bubbs
    Been to morries this morning
    VEG 3 FOR £1
    Maris piper bags pots
    carrots
    broc
    swede
    leeks
    Parsnips
    Hope that helps , i also got some more of that beef, well that was the reason for going as know i wont be out for a few days and didn't want to miss the offer as it was divine
    Last edited by bubbs; 15-04-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 7lb
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 19, 12:38 PM
    • 62,577 Posts
    • 270,722 Thanks
    beanielou
    Welcome kitkat to our lovely thread
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Apr 19, 1:56 PM
    • 6,087 Posts
    • 44,902 Thanks
    joedenise
    Morries apparently have fresh whole salmon for £5 Kg according to someone on my group's Facebook page. Haven't checked myself as not been to Morries for a while.

Managed to get home for a late lunch so it was jacket potato, cottage cheese, mixed leaves, rocket, cucumber, pepper, tomato, chickpeas, spring onions, beetroot, pickled onions.

Denise
    • TheTalkingDead
    • By TheTalkingDead 15th Apr 19, 2:49 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 525 Thanks
    TheTalkingDead
    Hi
    Was wondering if is would be ok for me to join in?

I followed slimming world before and !ost two stone but stopped going around 18 maths ago. I knew I'd put on some weight back on but almost collapsed in shock when I stood on scales earlier, I now have 3 stone to lose!! Oh my days, I am still stunned.

Anyhow, wishing it away won't work so here I am with begging bowl looking to join, the only bowl that hasn't been full of food of late unfortunately.

Ps, though I have been a member for a few years I think I have only posted a couple of times and am unsure of how to post other than using the quick reply at bottom of page. If anyone could direct me further that'd be grand.
    Dear dear, maybe you don't have space for this dafty!
    Originally posted by kitkat71
    Welcome to the thread.
    There's a petition with over 5million signatures on saying that every 17million leave voters vote in the referendum is meaningless. UK Democracy at its best!
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 15th Apr 19, 3:26 PM
    • 16,301 Posts
    • 34,053 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Hi
    Was wondering if is would be ok for me to join in?

I followed slimming world before and !ost two stone but stopped going around 18 maths ago. I knew I'd put on some weight back on but almost collapsed in shock when I stood on scales earlier, I now have 3 stone to lose!! Oh my days, I am still stunned.

Anyhow, wishing it away won't work so here I am with begging bowl looking to join, the only bowl that hasn't been full of food of late unfortunately.

Ps, though I have been a member for a few years I think I have only posted a couple of times and am unsure of how to post other than using the quick reply at bottom of page. If anyone could direct me further that'd be grand.
    Dear dear, maybe you don't have space for this dafty!
    Originally posted by kitkat71
    KitKat, I only 'joined' this thread recently, and I wish I only had to lose three stone! . In my case it's about six!

So don't worry

I've not really been serious with my diet either, and today is the day my wife completed another trip around the sun and there has been too much pastry, not enough protein, and far too many calories already. Doubtless more alcoholic calories will also be ingested later as well.

However, in three months time we have a cruise planned. Now, I really need to lose as much weight as I can in the next 13 or so weeks.

Thank you for joining, because writing about my own stuff has helped me realise that I must be more serious about this ...
    Weekly Distance Walked 24 km / Total For Year 497 km
    Anything posted here falls under The Official Secret Eater's Act
    • TheTalkingDead
    • By TheTalkingDead 15th Apr 19, 5:42 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 525 Thanks
    TheTalkingDead
    Currently sat in SW before group, it’s eerily quiet only consultant and shop keeper here. WI just minutes away
    There's a petition with over 5million signatures on saying that every 17million leave voters vote in the referendum is meaningless. UK Democracy at its best!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 19, 6:10 PM
    • 62,577 Posts
    • 270,722 Thanks
    beanielou
    Currently sat in SW before group, it’s eerily quiet only consultant and shop keeper here. WI just minutes away
    Originally posted by TheTalkingDead
    Our group was really quiet on Thursday.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • TheTalkingDead
    • By TheTalkingDead 15th Apr 19, 6:17 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 525 Thanks
    TheTalkingDead
    Half on for me. 2lb off for Mrs TTD.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Apr 19, 7:24 PM
    • 6,087 Posts
    • 44,902 Thanks
    joedenise
    Did anyone else turn up? or was it just you and Mrs TTD?

Denise
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 15th Apr 19, 8:40 PM
    • 4,613 Posts
    • 79,563 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Here is last week's chart. Please let me know if there are any errors/omissions

Well done poundsinbucks on SOTW

*SOTW is the person who lost most this week who also lost or maintained last week.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Apr 19, 8:53 PM
    • 6,087 Posts
    • 44,902 Thanks
    joedenise
    Congratulations poundsinbucks on being our SOTW!

I've finally got through the Pinch of Nom book adding the syn values! If anyone wants to know the syns of a particular recipe give me a shout. Some of the numbers I posted earlier from the Facebook site were wrong, as I suspected!

Denise
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 19, 9:05 PM
    • 62,577 Posts
    • 270,722 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thanks Chrisv as always for the chart.
    How are you?

Well done poundsinbucks on SOTW.

***Keep plodding***
    • sarymclary
    • By sarymclary 15th Apr 19, 9:25 PM
    • 2,892 Posts
    • 8,751 Thanks
    sarymclary
    Thank you for the chart chris

Happy birthday to Sleazy's wife

Did anyone else turn up TTD?

Welcome to the thread kitkat I'm about the same as you, having lost weight, then gained it back and then some. Contributing here regularly helps me to stay on track, and whilst I don't attend a group, I find it invaluable to have the support of those who follow the plan.

Meal plan today:
    B - porridge HEB, water and milk from HEA (rest in tea/coffee), sugar (2)
    L - Mixed salad, with LO roast chicken, savoury rice & dressing (2); 0% greek yogurt with strawberries & mango.
    D - roast duck with salad, dressing (6)

I've allowed extra syns for the duck, as I felt it was a bit greasy, so making sure syns accounted for just in case.
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
    • TheTalkingDead
    • By TheTalkingDead 16th Apr 19, 12:12 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 525 Thanks
    TheTalkingDead
    Approx 12 people turned up by half seven but half didn’t stay.
    • FrankieM
    • By FrankieM 16th Apr 19, 5:18 AM
    • 2,218 Posts
    • 20,467 Thanks
    FrankieM
    +2.5lbs for me. Not as bad as it could've been or as bad as I thought.

Now to learn from the lessons of the last two weeks and keep on plan.

Congratulations on sotw poundsinbucks

I will probably want some of the syn values joedenise so I'll look through my book tonight and let you know, if that's okay?

Food for today:

B: overnight oats(HEB)
    L: pork mince pasta (it has onions, mushrooms, broc and green beans mixed in for speed)
    T: JP, ham/cottage cheese/onion/cheddar(HEA) salad

Milk(HEA) for hot drinks.

I'm out seeing a supplier and will be leaving the office at around midday, so I'm going to have to eat my lunch early and then take an apple for the afternoon.

I hate it when my day gets moved around like that
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 16th Apr 19, 6:34 AM
    • 6,087 Posts
    • 44,902 Thanks
    joedenise
    Approx 12 people turned up by half seven but half didn’t stay.
    Originally posted by TheTalkingDead
    I can't understand why anyone would bother to pay nearly a fiver just to weigh! It would be cheaper to either weigh at home or find a local chemist with scales!

+2.5lbs for me. Not as bad as it could've been or as bad as I thought.

Now to learn from the lessons of the last two weeks and keep on plan.

Congratulations on sotw poundsinbucks

I will probably want some of the syn values joedenise so I'll look through my book tonight and let you know, if that's okay?

Food for today:

B: overnight oats(HEB)
    L: pork mince pasta (it has onions, mushrooms, broc and green beans mixed in for speed)
    T: JP, ham/cottage cheese/onion/cheddar(HEA) salad

Milk(HEA) for hot drinks.

I'm out seeing a supplier and will be leaving the office at around midday, so I'm going to have to eat my lunch early and then take an apple for the afternoon.

I hate it when my day gets moved around like that
    Originally posted by FrankieM
    No problem about the syn values. I posted so others could ask if they wanted. There are quite a lot which I definitely won't be using as they are not particularly low syn. I don't like using too many syns on meals which is why I don't use gravy granules or cornflour anymore and found a Syn Free alternative.

Was feeling peckish last night and ended up wasting 6 syns on a slice of hot cross bun bread which DH had picked up when we went shopping with a scrape of spread! So ended the day on 12 syns which is far too high when trying to do a bit of damage limitation after a sun heavy weekend.

Today's plan:

B - scrambled eggs with spinach stirred through plus a little grated cheese on toast (HEB)
    L - HM vegetable soup - various veg in fridge with some HM stock (must go & get out of the freezer so it defrosts a bit, LOL)
    D - filo pastry topped fish pie (3 syns) using an adapted BBC recipe

HEA1 - milk in tea
    HEA2 - 10g grated emmental (part)
    Syns - 20g filo pastry 3 syns

Denise
    • Suffolksue
    • By Suffolksue 16th Apr 19, 7:22 AM
    • 162 Posts
    • 1,640 Thanks
    Suffolksue
    Oh heck Denise that's just made me check,just had 2 slices for breakfast ,thought it would be a couple of sins !
    5 sins a slice !!
    Plus butter,had better not eat anything else all day !
    • Pennylane
    • By Pennylane 16th Apr 19, 7:32 AM
    • 2,071 Posts
    • 5,851 Thanks
    Pennylane
    I bought some special offer potatoes yesterday. When I got them home I realised they weighed 7.5 kgs or 1st 2.5 lbs. as I was transferring them from plastic bags into a canvas bag it dawned on me that I had lost this amount plus another 2 lbs and they were blinking heavy! That cheered me up. I also realised I have just 2.5 lbs to get to my 1.5 stone award. Surely I can do that this week!
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 16th Apr 19, 7:37 AM
    • 6,087 Posts
    • 44,902 Thanks
    joedenise
    Oh heck Denise that's just made me check,just had 2 slices for breakfast ,thought it would be a couple of sins !
    5 sins a slice !!
    Plus butter,had better not eat anything else all day !
    Originally posted by Suffolksue
    Oops! I have to admit I. didn't check syns until after I'd eaten it. I'm glad it was just the one slice and I only had a scrape of spread on it! Certainly won't be eating any more - DH can eat the rest. I didn't even particularly enjoy it - I'd rather than a slice of malt loaf which is a bit lower in syns 3.5 for 25g!

I bought some special offer potatoes yesterday. When I got them home I realised they weighed 7.5 kgs or 1st 2.5 lbs. as I was transferring them from plastic bags into a canvas bag it dawned on me that I had lost this amount plus another 2 lbs and they were blinking heavy! That cheered me up. I also realised I have just 2.5 lbs to get to my 1.5 stone award. Surely I can do that this week!
    Originally posted by Pennylane
    What a great NSV! Good luck with getting that 2.5lb this week.

Denise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th Apr 19, 8:53 AM
    • 54,928 Posts
    • 640,233 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    Well done to all the losers
    Well done poundinbucks on SOTW thanks to Chris as always
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 7lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

810Posts Today

5,458Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin