• angelflower_2
    Options
    Yeah.....the stripey sock diary!!!!!!

(off to read it now ;)
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • paybacktime2008
    Options
    Makes mental note to go and purchase lots of pairs of stripy socks! Whats your Phd in?
    LBM 10/08 £12510.74/
  • angelflower_2
    Options
    I was in Orkney last may. Lovely place although I heard the campsite we stayed at got completely flooded out. Would love to read the book ;) - and what a toad he was!! Still, sounds like you are well rid...susbscribed and looking forward to more adventures!
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Piquant wrote: »
    See!!! What did I tell you! It's great!:T

People are indeed very kind Piq!! I have figured it out, they are all trapped inside because of the snow..........:confused:

Stripey socks I feel might be the solution to global warming (ok slight understatement all you climate/renewable energy/generally good working scientists, ecologists etc etc etc keep up the good work) but they will add to general motivation.

PhD is in growing willows up here in the windy windy windy far north on an island with limited trees - :D - how that might work - and how they might be able to be used as a renewable energy fuel up here......

'cue - wellingtons, lots of head scratching and pacing back and forth alot'

We stripey sock wearers love a challenge.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • paybacktime2008
    Options
    fayjmck wrote: »
    People are indeed very kind Piq!! I have figured it out, they are all trapped inside because of the snow..........:confused:

Stripey socks I feel might be the solution to global warming (ok slight understatement all you climate/renewable energy/generally good working scientists, ecologists etc etc etc keep up the good work) but they will add to general motivation.

PhD is in growing willows up here in the windy windy windy far north on an island with limited trees - :D - how that might work - and how they might be able to be used as a renewable energy fuel up here......

'cue - wellingtons, lots of head scratching and pacing back and forth alot'

We stripey sock wearers love a challenge.

Oh I'm jealous now....sounds like a great life. The closest I'm getting to that is investigating building a willow structure at school.
    LBM 10/08 £12510.74/
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    I was in Orkney last may. Lovely place although I heard the campsite we stayed at got completely flooded out. Would love to read the book ;) - and what a toad he was!! Still, sounds like you are well rid...susbscribed and looking forward to more adventures!

We might even have seen you - did you stay in Stromness or KW??

Pity about my ex, he's a or was a nice chap - you don't have kids with horrid ones do you? He's just a bit silly at the moment :D - we was robbed. I am vetaphobic now, its a real shame, thankfully no animals are ever sick in this house.

He disapproved of anything colourful silly or he has gone all serious. Our silliness annoys him, so we attempt to be olympic at it.:rotfl:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Oh I'm jealous now....sounds like a great life. The closest I'm getting to that is investigating building a willow structure at school.

OOOh they are awesome - and great fun. (PM me if you need any help with suppliers etc - although I am sure you have it sorted!)

My willows (6.5 ha) take themselves far too seriously - I keep telling them I may make an igloo out of them all one day if they don't grow enough. Or even worse I might turn them into baskets.

Told you, 'good life' written all over it - sighs

Seriously thinking of a basket making course, I have to cut loads of them and its always just shredded - the thought of making a few baskets is quite appealling (a wee side line) and I might be able to convince myself its worth a bit of the budget to train me to do it (i wish).

To be honest I am more of a flower girl than a shrub person, but its a job...........and in this climate it will keep us here, kids at lovely schools and (hopefully) at the end I might have figured it out.
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    am loving your diary full of fun and stripey socks ...oh and revenge cant forget a bit of revenge ...unix i tried looking up your bierea la zizi one but it was in french lol
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    am loving your diary full of fun and stripey socks ...oh and revenge cant forget a bit of revenge ...unix i tried looking up your bierea la zizi one but it was in french lol

recipe for biere a la zizi (or drink of revenge :D :eek: )

not that you'll believe me but this wasn't my idea (my former flatmates), basically what bodily fluid is same colour as beer? Mix together (if you want to be really evil you can add a few other things but even though she tried to encourage me I couldn't), and serve............and yes he drank it and no I didn't tell him.

Revenge is sweet :p

I'm a good girl really :A promise!............just don't like liars.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    unixgirluk wrote: »
    recipe for biere a la zizi (or drink of revenge :D :eek: )

not that you'll believe me but this wasn't my idea (my former flatmates), basically what bodily fluid is same colour as beer? Mix together (if you want to be really evil you can add a few other things but even though she tried to encourage me I couldn't), and serve............and yes he drank it and no I didn't tell him.

Revenge is sweet :p

I'm a good girl really :A promise!............just don't like liars.

i am literally sitting here going :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: but as far as revenge goes classic ...wow remind me not to cross you ...i think i wouldve told him though lol (but then i am evil har har)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure