IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN - help wanted please

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have offered no comment on your Defence. Just suggesting how and when it should be filed - when you are ready.

There are very good reasons for not filing a Defence via MCOL, and they are fully explained in links from post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.
  • duffyscouse
    Options
    Ok I'll check and see if it makes sense - Assume I just save that for if/when I get to court
  • KeithP
    Options
    Ok I'll check and see if it makes sense - Assume I just save that for if/when I get to court
    I'm not sure what you mean.

Yes, of course you can/should check out why to not file a Defence via MCOL.

But what are you planning to save 'for if/when I get to court'?

Just to be clear, your Defence must be filed by 4pm on Monday 14th January 2019.
  • duffyscouse
    Options
    No problem - can someone point me as to if my defence is ok if I send it - I thought one of the regular posters (such as your good self) is a legal aid who offers to help to get the defence tight so it can be upheld .

Regards
    D
  • duffyscouse
    Options
    How do I know my written defence is ok ? Im happy to follow the advice above from KeithP - thanks - also I assume MCL refers to moneyclaim.gov.uk

If defence is deemed ok I can email it as described
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You seem to have removed your defence! For advice on defences go to the NEWBIE sticky post # 2 and scroll down to look for concise defences posted by Bargepole, then adapt one that suits your circumstances remembering to include a point countering everything that the PPC claim you did wrong (the POC). Make sure you put in everything that you want to put before the court as you don't get a second chance (well you do but it costs money to amend a defence once submitted).
  • duffyscouse
    Options
    Basically they say I broke a contract by being seen to leave the car park on foot - I went to a speedbank adjacent and returned and made a purchase from the shop - I have a receipt but the till time is 2 hours out and I can prove this by a recorded conversation with the store owner a few days later !
  • duffyscouse
    Options
    What's a POC ? - the claim form states they are claiming £160 in respect of a charge notice - for a contravention on 10/3/18 - saying I had 28 days to pay and failed to do so (I did NOT pay) saying I have failed to settle my outstanding liability - they seek recovery under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% at the same rate up to the date of Judgement or earlier payment

Thanks

D
  • KeithP
    Options
    Here is a short extract from post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread:
    POC = Particulars of Claim (the short paragraph on the left middle of a claim form, with very sparse facts).
  • duffyscouse
    Options
    Great thanks - I wish to prepare a defence around the signage and contradiction with another sign in the nearby shop for customers - I have photographic evidence - I also have a receipt from the shop proving I WAS a customer so entitled to park. IS there someone on here I can send the defence to for a look over - prior to submission to the MCL by e-mail

thanks in advance

D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family