Comments

• gcjc
    gcjc Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    anything for nhs workers
  • Mr_matt_2
    Options
    ARMED FORCES

Loads of discounts in the annual discount book. My favourite one has to be the dominos pizza.

Others include VIRGIN Atlantic, BAA, The AA, loads
  • lynneinjapan
    lynneinjapan Posts: 401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another one for teachers: https://www.teachersdiscounts.co.uk.
    And their sister site for NHS workers: http://www.nhsdiscounts.co.uk/
    As advised elsewhere, though, do shop around!
    ambersam wrote:
    If you can prove that you are a student or a teacher then you can pick up a copy of Microsoft Office XP for almost half price from any retailer of Microsoft applications.
    The rules say that if you are studying you can use the software on up to 3 machines but it cannot be used for commercial purposes.
    I am an adult education officer for a charitable organisation and my photo ID card was sufficient proof for PC World to give me the discount.

I got the same discount when I bought my PC in 2001, but for being a student, not a teacher. I was only doing a once-a-week evening class at a local language centre but it was good enough!
  • 15lsp
    15lsp Posts: 305 Forumite
    Options
    police get half price pizzas at dominos too. Need to show warrant card. Half price subway as well.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • Scots_Girl
    Scots_Girl Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Medic Care issue a book listing discounts, and a card to show to the merchants. Details on

https://www.medicarenhs.co.uk/index.htm

Only covers some areas of the UK.

The website also has a section for DVLA staff.
  • bigglechips
    Options
    I work in burton menswear and we offer 10 % discount to NHS, PPC (POLICE, ARMED FORCES etc) and also to students - which rises to 15% at various times during ther year for students
  • Reluctant_spender
    Options
    Emergency Service Workers get 10% at Millets upon production ID.
  • fmt0604
    Options
    Hi All,

I run a tyre fitting franchise (no names mentioned) and would like to discuss the merits of it but there would be a personal gain for me and I don't wish to breach the Forums rules.

How can I best approach this as I feel that what I have to offer could save most of the subscribers several pounds on the cost of there tyres. We are good at what we do, and we also come to you (at no extra cost).

Help, what is the 'referrers' section?

Best Wishes,
    Guy.
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    megsykins wrote:
    I know it's not quite a 'job' but along a similar line, if you are a Scout leader, then Blacks and Millets will give 10% discount on production of a Scout record book or other evidence of Scout group membership, not sure if this applies to Guide leaders as well though.
    (Blacks may also give discounts on some items for D of E entrants on production of a logbook, as they are official sponsors and supporters of the Award.)

Same applies to Air cadets ( poss army cadets too) You ask sometimes you get no problems sometimes you have to ask for the manager.

I used to be a civil servant (over 20 years ago) and we got discounts then on things like motor insurance.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Members of the Royal Society of Chemistry can get 60% off their AA renewal - even if already a member - there was a discount code supplied by the RSC and you use it at renewal time. We did it this Jan and it has made the AA very competitive for us.

Also music teachers usually get discounts on any music thay buy - most shops will give 5 - 10% if you ask.
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport