A Leap of Faith

Options

Comments

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hiya

Soo sorry I've not been on. Was feeling a bit down and finding it difficult to stay cheerful on posts, but think I've shaken it off now and feeling more positive as off on holibobs on Friday.

Great to hear the business is doing well and you're making such good progress.

It was a shame about the course though, and I would definitely ask for at least a partial refund if not a full one.

It is difficult, I must admit, to getting into a new way of organising your life - especially after taking such a big step as you did. I'm sure you'll get it sorted though.

I actually try to roughly plan each day, often setting an actual amount of time I'm going to spend on each thing that needs doing. I then set an alarm to remind me to change tasks when the time is up :rotfl:

Good luck for March with the work, and the getting the house organised, and I'll be back at the end of the month.

All the very best
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • MissShoes
    MissShoes Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Have you emailed for the course refund? Definitely worth doing.

I've really been thinking about coaching the last couple of days- as I'm at a new chapter and lots of change has happened and now my new 'life' is beginning. I'm in for a chat with someone next week to talk through potentially working with her- what should I look for?

Shoes xx
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Both - thanks for posting - yes I did email for a refund for the course. I've had an acknowledgement but not had a decision yet.

Hi Lynne thanks for the tip re: organising the day - I will give that a try - this week has been more chaotic than ever - I really do need to sort myself out. Glad you're feeling a bit better now. Have a great holiday:)

Hi Shoes - How exciting that you are getting some coaching. To be honest - the main thing is that you feel that the chemistry is right between you and the Coach. You might also want to see some testimonials and check that they have actually been trained (it's not a regulated industry yet) - but first and foremost its the chemistry. I'd love to know how you get on :)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • somerandom
    Options
    Good Afternoon - it's been lovely and Spring-like in London this weekend - hope it's nice where you are too :)

Well it's been a busy week! Monday & Tuesday I was out delivering workshops - Monday's required me to get up at 5am :eek: Really great being out and about though & a lot of the participants signed up for coaching afterwards :j. All my Coaching for the week was squished into Weds & Thurs so I was practically house-bound for those 2 days - then I was out at training on Friday - which was great - about as far as you could get from last - weeks rubbish course. There may be an opportunity to start to deliver that course in the future which would be fantastic! I really liked the woman who created the course & we seemed to hit it off. Yesterday I attended a launch event which was really interesting and a great networking opportunity and this morning I've been coaching !!! What a busy bee I've been yet I feel really positive & full of energy !! If I had worked that much in my old job I'd have lost the will to live!!

As you can imagine - what with being so busy I haven't made much progress in terms of organising myself but I feel very energetic today & hope to make a start PLUS I have a couple of much quieter days scheduled next week. I've looked at my "to do list" & realised that I have done literally nothing in terms of background tasks for over a fortnight - not good!! Something needs to change !! (I've a sneaking suspicion that "something" is me :rotfl:)

Have an amazing week.
  • MissShoes
    MissShoes Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    Good Afternoon - it's been lovely and Spring-like in London this weekend - hope it's nice where you are too :)

Well it's been a busy week! Monday & Tuesday I was out delivering workshops - Monday's required me to get up at 5am :eek: Really great being out and about though & a lot of the participants signed up for coaching afterwards :j. All my Coaching for the week was squished into Weds & Thurs so I was practically house-bound for those 2 days - then I was out at training on Friday - which was great - about as far as you could get from last - weeks rubbish course. There may be an opportunity to start to deliver that course in the future which would be fantastic! I really liked the woman who created the course & we seemed to hit it off. Yesterday I attended a launch event which was really interesting and a great networking opportunity and this morning I've been coaching !!! What a busy bee I've been yet I feel really positive & full of energy !! If I had worked that much in my old job I'd have lost the will to live!!

As you can imagine - what with being so busy I haven't made much progress in terms of organising myself but I feel very energetic today & hope to make a start PLUS I have a couple of much quieter days scheduled next week. I've looked at my "to do list" & realised that I have done literally nothing in terms of background tasks for over a fortnight - not good!! Something needs to change !! (I've a sneaking suspicion that "something" is me :rotfl:)

Have an amazing week.

New course sounds great- what a difference a week makes! Sunny here too in East Anglia...wonders will never cease!
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • somerandom
    Options
    Thanks NewShoes - have a good week :)

I have a completely clear day today - I have jealously guarded it to keep it this way. In my diary I have put "Catch up with Everything" :rotfl: - realise that might not be entirely realistic but by the end of the day I hope to have:

- a tidy house
    - 3 days of food in the house (yes I'm THAT disorganised normally)
    - Halved my "to do" list

I'd also like to have incorporated a visit to the gym & Post Office.

I'm going in... <cue intro to "eye of the tiger" :rotfl:
  • somerandom
    edited 19 March 2016 at 6:00PM
    Options
    Hi Lovelies - hope you are well & that life is good.

I've had a much quieter week this week - it's been busy enough to bring in a reasonable amount of income but not so much so that I've been chasing my tail. As mentioned in my last post - I had a clear day on Weds & actually did manage to make major inroads into my "to do list" which feels good. I even managed to take a half day on Friday to meet up with a friend I haven't seen in a while.

On another front - after years of being single post divorce - bringing up my son - I agreed to be set up on a blind date. Big step for me but the connections involved made me feel safe enough to say yes. Anyway we'd been chatting, texting then got to the exchange of photos - anyway suffice it to say it's gone quiet !! Trying hard not to take it personally. Anyway - although I wasn't exactly deeply involved its knocked me a bit - I'd forgotten how uncomfortable and vulnerable this process feels. I'm trying to "sit with the discomfort" (as we Coaches say) and learn from it rather than run from it. I am finding that throwing myself into continuing to get organised, revising for an exam I'm taking next week & going to the gym is helping .... so that's good news isn't it ... :rotfl: Anyhoo enough of that...

A moderately busy week next week. Including a couple of nice social engagements, a meeting with the lovely Team at the Charity I do some work for and a Coaches meeting. I have to say that's sounding like a really lovely week. Hopefully this time next week I'll be feeling brighter...

Hope you have a good week :)
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Hello there

I've been MIA for a fair while and only posting on the PAD forum as I've not had time to catch up on diaries...I've even lost pace with my own.

I'm really pleased that you're still enjoying being self-employed. I wish I had the skills to allow me such freedom :)

I would defo ask for a refund on that course, what better way to give feedback! Sounds like you have a lovely busy week ahead, social engagements too which will add a bit of fun hopefully.

As for your blind date... I've been here in the past and definitely have thicker skin from my efforts (which were more than theirs haha). I would say that if all of the texting prior to the pics were positive and then they've disappeared just because you sent a photo then they are shallow and not worth your precious time anyway :p

You are worth far more than that my lovely!

Have a good and positive week... and if your blind date does get in touch, delay your reply and let them sweat it!

LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • somerandom
    Options
    Aww thanks for the support LMD. Good advice re: Blind Date Man - I'm so horribly out of practice with this stuff - I'd forgotten what it's like. It's reminded that I got out of the dating game because of stuff like this. Life is too darn short for this nonsense - especially when you get to my age lol. I'm certainly learning from the process thats for sure. Glad I've got reasonably healthy self-esteem... xxx
  • somerandom
    Options
    Just popping on to say - I passed my Coaching Exam - 90% - whoop whoop - happy dance. :j:j:j

All that nonsense re: Blind Date Man is SO last week !! I've got letters after my name now - Somerandom ACC :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport