Bidding for a car on Ebay

Options

Comments

• AliceBanned
    AliceBanned Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So if a seller is telling me it's done and it's not on there (they told me yesterday) they must be lying.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Last time I bought a car last summer the V5 came back in my name in 3 days. So based on that they should have the V5 back in their name or the sons name already before the auction ended.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    When my car was MOT'd a few months ago, the MOT record had appeared on the online checked before the tester had come back in to the office to give me the certificate. I was checking the record online from my phone as I watched him finish the test, so I knew the car had passed within minutes of the test ending.

It is possible that an issue at the test centre's end could have resulted in a contingency process being used, which basically consists of a paper record then retrospectively being entered. Relatively unusual but it does happen.
  • AliceBanned
    Options
    I've phoned them. Obviously they've not admitted to lying but they claim it is being put through today - I think they are fobbing me off but will wait and see.
  • AliceBanned
    Options
    They've just left voicemail to say all done. I will check the website again shortly as it is still not updated as having new MOT.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    At a guess, the car failed its mot. They've now fixed it, and it's passed the retest.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • AliceBanned
    Options
    They are being cagey. They said no advisories. he told me it takes 24 hrs for the MOT to show on the system. They were going to deliver it but I'm not doing anything until I see it on the system. Now I think they want me to pick it up.

OMG this is like pulling teeth!

I even went on phone to my bank to ask about chargeback for the deposit. They said it happens a lot and if there is a problem and they haven't honoured their agreement I can claim back via financial ombudsman. But why don't people just be more transparent? I asked him to email me that it has the year's mot and he said 'what's the point?'.

Duh..because I was buying a car from you you plonker and if you can't help me then stuff it.
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know how long it takes for an MOT to show on the Gov.UK website once it's been done?

Thanks
    They say up to five days, but I have known it be updated within half an hour.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • AliceBanned
    Options
    It is there now, March 2018.:)
  • AliceBanned
    Options
    It is a Hyundai Coupe 06 plate. I have some doubts it's right for me at this late stage but will go ahead as I said I would if they put on a year's MoT.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure