Credit Reference Agencies - Who Really Uses Who? II

Options

Comments

• PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hiya matey

can you confirm 100% that if you apply to laptops direct they will only search call credit? Is this guaranteed or do they chop and change the CRA's they use? :D

I'm going to buy a new laptop later this month/in May so may test a purchase (on credit) just to see if it is easy or not....

Everytime I have applied (4 agreements) it has been CallCredit mate.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2010 at 8:22AM
    Options
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    Everytime I have applied (4 agreements) it has been CallCredit mate.

Excellent may give it a bash - my CC is empty!

Is it instant or does it take a few days, do you know? & are they harsh?

Cheers again matey :beer:

Sorry to deviate, any idea's on a good laptop with HD/BluRay - so possibly sony or samsung? (SONY VGNFW56E LAPTOP )
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    I got pc and television on credit last may total £3500 would of put money on it i would of failed the credit check,one was pc world the other was curry's,got them both, the company was HFC,and to be honest last may my report was not the best..so i would try them nid..oh pc was 0% 6 months which i payed recently all up,and television was 0%12 months which recently payed up..
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    star-fire wrote: »
    I got pc and television on credit last may total £3500 would of put money on it i would of failed the credit check,one was pc world the other was curry's,got them both, the company was HFC,and to be honest last may my report was not the best..so i would try them nid..oh pc was 0% 6 months which i payed recently all up,and television was 0%12 months which recently payed up..

But they don't search CallCredit mate - I think my equifax and experian are still linked to my last cifas (goes in sept).... Bloody ID Fraud - caused me headaches galore.

I would pay outright, but if I can get credit on it then i'd do it purely to test the system, as such! :D

did you apply to currys instore or online?
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Miles30
    Miles30 Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya matey

can you confirm 100% that if you apply to laptops direct they will only search call credit? Is this guaranteed or do they chop and change the CRA's they use? :D

Laptops direct dont do finance anymore mate.
    http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/content/finance.asp

You may try dabs.com as pro says they use callcredit.
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2010 at 9:36AM
    Options
    I know you can do it online,but one day said to my girlfriend come on lets go down pc world,and the honest truth thought i would be declined after applying for 2 credit cards that week and being declined on both,sat there with the bloke went through everything,sitting there waiting for him say i am sorry then the agreement came straight out of the machine,then 2 weeks later done the same in currys,i remember reading on one of the threads that it is a lot easier getting credit in these stores,try online nid...they searched experian & reported to both..http://www.mynewcheap.co.uk/contact-support/finance.htm these use v12 finance
  • naijapower
    naijapower Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah definitely agree with Star-fire. It is a lot easier with stores like PC world.
    Perhaps they have lowered the bar due the recession and knowing more people will have 'stains'.
    In summary, they feel if business has to go on, some concession has to be made
  • paulmcerlean
    Options
    DFS search Experian for finance on sofas through Santander Consumer Finance.
  • karatedragon
    karatedragon Posts: 1,148 Forumite
    Options
    So do all banks now report monthly to CRA's on current accounts because my Coventry First (opened in 2006) does not at all. Not to any of them.

I also have a Cash Transactor with Yorkshire BS. Not sure if that reports to CRA's
  • Its-A-New-Age-Thing
    Its-A-New-Age-Thing Posts: 473 Forumite
    edited 30 April 2010 at 8:42AM
    Options
    FOR THE TEAM..............I decided to apply for V12 finance via DABS.COM

i was DECLINED and they CONFIRMED they searched CALL CREDIT AND CIFAS DATABASE in the decision

NIDDY the cifas search may be relevant to you...........thought id say anyway

only adverse on my call credit is one default roughly 5 years old satified for £350

and NO i dont have any cifas markers before someone asks lol

oh and make sure u read the terms and conditions part prior to finalising ure application as theres about 4 boxes u have to tic so they dont pass ure details onto the world and annoy the tits out of you.......

:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure