Amex Foursquare promotion

Options
Amex seem to have brought out more deals for cardholders checking into stores with foursquare. Currently on are:

£10 off a £10 spend in GAP

£25 off a £25 spend in Harvey Nics

£5 off a £20 spend in Argos.

My question is thus:

I originally used this back in the early summer when they had offers in Primark, Nandos, Tescos etc. Back then I was using an MBNA Amex. I now have a platinum cashback Amex. Can you Sync more than one card to the same foursquare account? When I try to add the card details to foursquare it just says "good news, account already synced". I am presuming this means the account is already synced to the MBNA card. So is there a way of adding the other cards? (Mrs Miketaff also has a card and so could add that card as well.) Or would I have to create three more foursquare accounts!!!!

(so that each of my 2 amex cards and the wife's will be synced.)

Going to London in a few weeks time so 4 x £25 in Harvey Nic's - thank you VERY much Amex!!!!

Comments

• mrchiggles
    Options
    I think it was one statement credit per account so supplementary card holders don't get an extra credit too.
  • miketaff1408
    Options
    mrchiggles wrote: »
    I think it was one statement credit per account so supplementary card holders don't get an extra credit too.

Just answered my own question by looking up the T&C's. You can only have one synced card per four square account.

So I will have to create some more four square accounts. I think that it is per card rather than per amex account. Not sure though on the four square one. It is definitely the case on the amex shop local £5 cashback though. Me and the wife have both had the cashback from the same shop.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    Amex seem to have brought out more deals for cardholders checking into stores with foursquare. Currently on are:

£10 off a £10 spend in GAP

£25 off a £25 spend in Harvey Nics

£5 off a £20 spend in Argos.

My question is thus:

I originally used this back in the early summer when they had offers in Primark, Nandos, Tescos etc. Back then I was using an MBNA Amex. I now have a platinum cashback Amex. Can you Sync more than one card to the same foursquare account? When I try to add the card details to foursquare it just says "good news, account already synced". I am presuming this means the account is already synced to the MBNA card. So is there a way of adding the other cards? (Mrs Miketaff also has a card and so could add that card as well.) Or would I have to create three more foursquare accounts!!!!

(so that each of my 2 amex cards and the wife's will be synced.)

Going to London in a few weeks time so 4 x £25 in Harvey Nic's - thank you VERY much Amex!!!!
    Hi mike, I never synced for four square, didn,t know what it entailed, and , like you have MBNA and Platinum, which I,m going to hit a few shops today with. My mbna has just refunded my first £5, Platinum did 2x£5 yesterday.
    Wifes off to town (Leeds) got a Harvey Nics), need all 3 cards for a cup of tea.Will look into it when I return from my shopping spree with Amex.
    Is syncing easy ? and does it run in conjunction with the £5 amex cashback deal
  • miketaff1408
    Options
    When you sync, there are foursquare specific cashbacks such as the gap, argos, harvey nics. You can also do the shop local £5 off £5 as well through four square.

The T & C's make it clear you cannot get the £5 from the foursquare checkin and spend and from just using Amex without checking in.
  • miketaff1408
    Options
    I have to say, Amex are coming up with some cracking promotions these days.
  • dosh37
    dosh37 Posts: 354 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yeah - like the sneaky £20 dormancy fee they charge if you don't use the card for 12 months. :mad:
  • miketaff1408
    Options
    dosh37 wrote: »
    yeah - like the sneaky £20 dormancy fee they charge if you don't use the card for 12 months. :mad:

It's in their T&C's, so it's not really sneaky. And you get the money back if you close the account. So if you haven't spent a penny on the card in the last year, do you really still need it?
  • bess1234_2
    Options
    "need all 3 cards for a cup of tea.Will look into it when I return from my shopping spree with Amex.":rotfl::rotfl:
  • smithers1981
    Options
    ive never used foursquare how do i sync my amex card?
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    It's in their T&C's, so it's not really sneaky. And you get the money back if you close the account. So if you haven't spent a penny on the card in the last year, do you really still need it?
    That,s why I always use my plats at least once or twice a year, small print, it,s all there, read it, or suffer the consequences;;
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure