AMOMA.com Closure and Upcoming Bookings

Options

Comments

• scotbruce
    Options
    Amoma ceased trading email received 13/09/19, Visa chargeback commenced with Tescobank 14/09/19, evidence supplied on 18/09/19 and full payment credited back to account on 24/09/19.

Well pleased, but just a shame I couldn’t claim for consequential loss (greater cost of re-booking hotel room) as per a Section 75 claim.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    scotbruce wrote: »

Well pleased, but just a shame I couldn’t claim for consequential loss (greater cost of re-booking hotel room) as per a Section 75 claim.

Any card provider will do a chargeback where that is a option.

What you need to do is submit a separate consequential loss claim under S75. If it was a case of having to pay more for the same room, then it should not be a issue. If you instead booked a much better room (say 5* instead of 1*) then expect to have a fight on your hands to prove just why you took that action.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Jen.
    Jen. Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Update - Capital One Dispute’s asked me to forward relevant information (I sent cease trading email, original booking email and confirmation from Hilton that the booking had been cancelled by AMOMA)
    Around 5 working days later I received a text to call them re Dispute. I was asked if I had ATOL protection or Insurance, I said I hadn’t as this was just a couple of nights in a neighbouring city. It didn’t seem to matter, so I’m not sure why I was asked... he told me within 48 hours I would receive a payment back into my account which the merchant (AMOMA?) has 90 days to Dispute. If not, the refund is mine.
    Seems a long wait but I’m confident AMOMA won’t challenge it.
  • scotbruce
    Options
    born_again wrote: »
    Any card provider will do a chargeback where that is a option.

What you need to do is submit a separate consequential loss claim under S75. If it was a case of having to pay more for the same room, then it should not be a issue. If you instead booked a much better room (say 5* instead of 1*) then expect to have a fight on your hands to prove just why you took that action.

I was told that it had to be a chargeback, not an S75, cos it involved a 3rd party, i.e. Amoma.

Has anyone reading this thread had a similar situation and successfully claimed consequential loss, please?

Tia.
  • born_again
    Options
    scotbruce wrote: »
    I was told that it had to be a chargeback, not an S75, cos it involved a 3rd party, i.e. Amoma.

Has anyone reading this thread had a similar situation and successfully claimed consequential loss, please?

Tia.

Who debited your card?

If it was amona then S75 is not applicable. If the original payment was to the hotel, then it would.

A chargeback will be actioned as that way the card provider does not have to pay. S75 means card provider gives you the money.
    Life in the slow lane
  • scotbruce
    Options
    born_again wrote: »
    Who debited your card?

If it was amona then S75 is not applicable. If the original payment was to the hotel, then it would.

A chargeback will be actioned as that way the card provider does not have to pay. S75 means card provider gives you the money.

Yeah, it was Amoma, hence the chargeback, not S75.
  • CBurden20
    Options
    I am also staying in the Titanic in Berlin in November, I’m just curious if you have heard anything from the hotel? I contacted them and they can still see my booking but they are not sure if it has been paid
  • nilsrune
    Options
    My bank, Norwegian Bank, says they cannot decide on my charge back claim until VISA says OK. Norwegian Bank has forwarded my case to VISA after asking for proof of the bankruptcy and the cancellation. I cannot send more evidence than the notification from Amoma. My hotel is a ski hotel and is closed till the end of the year, so no reply from them. However, I've booked, but not paid, another hotel with a possibility to cancel 14 days ahead of arrival.These options comes with an extra charge, but I think it's worth it.
  • born_again
    Options
    nilsrune wrote: »
    My bank, Norwegian Bank, says they cannot decide on my charge back claim until VISA says OK. Norwegian Bank has forwarded my case to VISA after asking for proof of the bankruptcy and the cancellation. I cannot send more evidence than the notification from Amoma.

????

https://www.amoma.com

Has the proof you need to provide to the bank.
    Life in the slow lane
  • SueGos
    Options
    So further to my earlier post that the hotel was saying our reservation was still active despite them not having been paid, we have finally had confirmation from the hotel that our booking has been cancelled so we have started the process of claiming back on the credit card. The hotel offered us the room but the rate was much higher, fortunately I had already booked another room using Booking.com which had free cancellation so we will now use that for our stay in Nice in 2 weeks time. Good luck to all who are claiming back, I imagine with Thomas Cook as well, it’s a busy time for these sorts of claims so I’m not sure when we will get our money back but at least our holiday can go ahead with just a hotel change!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure