kids pass membership cancellation

Options

Comments

• Allosunshine
    Options
    They do warn you, when you're signing up.

You’re sounding like you work for them.
    Do you not think it’s reasonable that if a company is going to take money they give you at least a couple of days warning if not a week??
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Do you not think it’s reasonable that if a company is going to take money they give you at least a couple of days warning if not a week??

Why, because I disagree with you?

You then get the issue of people saying "I didn't realise you was going to take the money out because the email went into my spam folder etc etc"

As it stands, they told you at the start of the trial that if you don't cancel then it will turn into a full subscription and the money will be taken. That's why you have to give your bank details to the majority of the trials.
  • stuartJo1989
    Options

Do you not think it's reasonable that a consumer reads the Ts and Cs when they provide their card details for a "trial" ? (or, at the very least, is a bit street-wise/cautious and questions WHY they have to give their card details?)

Both you and them are at fault. Sadly, only your "fault" has a legal consequence (hire a lawyer/solicitor if you feel otherwise :) )
  • truthman007
    Options
    I cancelled when i was on trail period many months ago and just noticed they keep taking money. I sent an email to customer service and got reply to send to account, sent an email and still not cancelled, complained to my credit card company.

Stupid system when you cancel they ask for membership number and that one was never delivered when I join. Who will remember 1272217329823 some number. Even there is no forgotten membership number option. Very very bad. Stay away from the,
  • Gintastix
    Options
    I've just had this, checked my credit card bill and saw 29th May £29.99. no email to say it was going out, just was.
    Rang up to cancel and request refund.
    Have only used it once 12 months ago and got "will cancel now and no further charges will be made but you won't get a refund". Email address for request a refund provided. The person on end of phone emailed it with reference number and made it sound so simple, it'll likely be refunded within 24 hours if I email accounts@kidspass.co.uk and funnily enough it has bounced back twice.

Am guessing they do that so there is sod all chance of getting my money back.

I will be speaking to my credit card company this afternoon to see if they can help.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Gintastix wrote: »
    I've just had this, checked my credit card bill and saw 29th May £29.99. no email to say it was going out, just was.
    Rang up to cancel and request refund.
    Have only used it once 12 months ago and got "will cancel now and no further charges will be made but you won't get a refund". Email address for request a refund provided. The person on end of phone emailed it with reference number and made it sound so simple, it'll likely be refunded within 24 hours if I email accounts@kidspass.co.uk and funnily enough it has bounced back twice.

Am guessing they do that so there is sod all chance of getting my money back.

I will be speaking to my credit card company this afternoon to see if they can help.
    Perhaps they'll send you a diary or some other such device to help you remind yourself of important dates.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hotbern wrote: »
    Totally agree with this later point - MSE it's got to the point where so many people (admittedly through our own tardiness) have got stung that maybe you should stop promoting them as money saving?

But it's Moneysupermarket it's all about the money now.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Perhaps they'll send you a diary or some other such device to help you remind yourself of important dates.

And what about the new writing device called a pencil or a pen, bit shambolic to just send a diary or other device lol.
  • MartyE
    MartyE Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    For anyone that lapsed their trial membership and was charged, please read below for how to claim ALL your money back.

I did exactly the same, and found many people on these type of forums who have not been able to claim any money back. I did some research and identified that their practices appeared to be in breach of a consumer protection act as suggested by one of the replies in this post. I sent them a complaint letter as required in their T&C's including the below text. A few days later I received an email confirming a full refund would be provided and I received £39.99 in my bank account 2 days later. Please feel free to use this same terminology, and hopefully they will begin to change their practices, to start sending reminder emails, and including the trail expiry date in their initial welcome email.

"Your trading practices are in direct breach of the Act for Consumer Protection for Unfair Trading Regulations (2008) for not making the trial end date clear in the initial email communication (see attached initial email without any dates specified), for not stipulating precisely when the cooling off period commences and for not sending notification emails as the trial end period approaches. All of these constitute misleading commercial practice which is covered by the Unfair Commercial Practice Directive. This Act enables consumer redress by way of a refund in the Right to undo the contract within 90 days that the services commenced"

• Caron1958
    Caron1958 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 20 August 2019 at 4:23PM
    Options
    :mad: I agree I am disgusted with them. I cancelled my membership through my phone app, it actually showed on my phone as no longer active, but they still took money out of my account. I don't think their app works correctly as it seems a number of people have had the same problem, but when you contact them they will accept no blame.

If I had known the app cancellation did not work, I would have rang them to cancel, I cannot afford to chuck £39.99 away on something I never used. Great way to get something out of people for nothing in return, why didn't I think of it, I wonder a few more Morales maybe.

I agree the £1 is a scam and if anyone has any sense (which I obviously lacked) they will not sign up to it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback