kids pass membership cancellation

Options

Comments

• Jess118
    Options
    Same issue, Threaten to report them to Trading Standards, as they are in breach of the Act for Consumer Protection for Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 by not honouring the agreement, for not sending you a warning email as they said they had, and for trying to rip off young families for whom budgeting is already hard enough.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Jess118 wrote: »
    Same issue, Threaten to report them to Trading Standards,
    Threaten? What good will that do?
  • Allosunshine
    Options
    Just been stung as well. Yes, while I am to blame for not cancelling I think their practice of sending zero emails as a reminder that they are taking money is both poor and sneaky.
    People were up in arms about it with Amazon Prime so why can’t people be up in arms about it with Kids Pass.
    I will not be recommending them ever to anyone.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Just been stung as well. Yes, while I am to blame for not cancelling I think their practice of sending zero emails as a reminder that they are taking money is both poor and sneaky.
    People were up in arms about it with Amazon Prime so why can’t people be up in arms about it with Kids Pass.
    I will not be recommending them ever to anyone.

There's your answer in bold.
  • Allosunshine
    Options
    There's your answer in bold.

Wow, sympathy is your strong suit.
    I am mad with myself but my main point is that there was no prior warning. This shouldn't be happening this day and age. We are all fallible but companies shouldn't be allowed to hide behind small print that probably 99% of people don't read and not practice what I and probably many others feel are shady practices, i.e. not telling you they are going to take payment.
  • Allosunshine
    Options
    I hate all this talking of dumbing things down just because of the laziness/tardiness of some people.

Laziness and tardiness, so you've never forgotten anything then.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Laziness and tardiness, so you've never forgotten anything then.

Absolutely. Difference is I blame myself, chalk it up to experience and then move on.

I don't go round looking for other people to blame for my error.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Wow, sympathy is your strong suit.
    I am mad with myself but my main point is that there was no prior warning. This shouldn't be happening this day and age. We are all fallible but companies shouldn't be allowed to hide behind small print that probably 99% of people don't read and not practice what I and probably many others feel are shady practices, i.e. not telling you they are going to take payment.

Sympathy is when it's deserved.

You knew it was a trial and knew it had to be cancelled before the trial finished, but you forgot.

Bet you'll check and set a reminder next time you sign up to any kind of trial.
  • Allosunshine
    Options
    Absolutely. Difference is I blame myself, chalk it up to experience and then move on.

I don't go round looking for other people to blame for my error.

Not looking to blame anyone, I’ve admitted fault but when companies take money without proper warning then that is a problem.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Not looking to blame anyone, I’ve admitted fault but when companies take money without proper warning then that is a problem.

They do warn you, when you're signing up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback