Great Feed, House and Keep Your Pets Hunt

Options

Comments

• The_Cranagh
    Options
    This is my first posting so hello everyone!!!

I've just taken Rab the wonder dog (otherwise known as four paws of love) for his annual jabs and was told by my vet that he only has to have the leptosporidium (the one that protects them against nasty rodent borne infections) annually and the other one every three years! This should save all you doggy lovers quite a bit of money over time.
  • Ex-Big-Spender
    Options
    Does anyone know where you can get Royal Canin dog food cheaper than £37 per 15kg bag ?
    We've got 2 Saint Bernard puppies (already huge!!) and we don't want to change their diet yet but it's sooooo expensive !! They eat 1 bag a week.
    We also have 3 cats so it's a bit of a mental household and they cost us a packet to feed & insure (we've worked out that we must spend over £250 per month on them !!)
    Still we haven't got any kids so we might as well spoil the animals !!

I must agree with everyone who recommends pet insurance - it's a MUST !! Also if you insure multiple animals with the same insurance company you often get a discount.
  • WeirdoMagnet
    Options
    This is my first posting so hello everyone!!!

I've just taken Rab the wonder dog (otherwise known as four paws of love) for his annual jabs and was told by my vet that he only has to have the leptosporidium (the one that protects them against nasty rodent borne infections) annually and the other one every three years! This should save all you doggy lovers quite a bit of money over time.
    I think most vets adhere to the recommended guidelines by rotating the vaccine type that they use. I looked into this when Tilly was due her vaccinations last year, as I didn't want her overvaccinated, but the vet gave a different strain of Nobivac from the one she'd been given the previous year. Not sure what the difference in cost would be (if any), but I'm pretty sure most vets would not administer a vaccination if it wasn't necessary. :)
    "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Argos have a clearance on some of their pet stuff, I got the fleece blanket for £2.99 and the navy travel bed for £3.99. Some of the other stuff hasnt been in stock where I live.

argos
    threadbanner.gif
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • page_e
    page_e Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    Also some insurance policies allow for worm and tick treatments.

Really? i did not know this
    Can you let me know what ones? :j
    Dept free with savings (At last)
    comp wins
    Catherine Townsend book, DVD, Gel pen, 5* holiday to Dubai :)
  • kiansmummy
    Options
    hi microchipping ranges from £15-20. If you live in Essex my friend will come to your house to chip. Best thing to do as pet can easily be rehomed as we have had 2 cats go missing prior to microchipping and so upsetting
  • tsuki
    tsuki Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    We have two russian hamsters and have spent a surprising amount on them! However, they get loo-roll and kitchen-roll tubes instead of expensive "chewbs" (chewy tube)
    I woulnd't skimp on the quality of the sawdust, however as Tesco do a great big bag of woodshavings for about 1/3 the price of the pet store, we're in there! You can also shred your own tissue for them, but the bags of value bedding are actually cheaper than buying lots of tissue, and it's quite nice stuff.

If you have guinea pigs/rabbits, then they like dandelion which you can pick free from any green areas, so long as you wash it well.
    Tsuki
  • kiansmummy
    Options
    I have an avairy with a colony of 12 chipmunks and I used to buy the expensive chipmunk food until I realised it was just rabbit food with monkey nuts in. I also have two rabbits in the avairy and they all get on great.

So I kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Rabbits and chipmunks fed. In fact the chipmunks prefer the rabbit food, a lot less waste. All i do is buy a big bag of monkey nuts for 99p in Tesco which lasts them a 10 days as too many monkey nuts can make them fat. I also buy pumkin seeds from tesco also full of vitamins and buy reduced fruit and veg especially cress a fav of the rabbits and fresh basil plants!!!! Look in tesco as sometimes reduced to just 10p!!!!
    No wastage of fruit or veg in my house either as straight out to the avairy. Problem solved and less waste.
  • trotskiy
    Options
    I've found Lidl's new range of premium dog food (£5.99 for 5KG) equally as good (nutritionally wise) as the branded food I was feeding @ £30.90 for 15kg. My dog loves it, although she generally eats everthing put in front of her, but also my mothers dog whom is particularly fussy. Well worth others checking it out & in small bags not too much of a loss if pouch decides not to eat it
  • page_e
    page_e Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    I have 13 tin of Tesco Premium Chunks in jelly to give away

If you live in the Milton Keynes area and can pick up please pm me

No catch i've just changed my dogs food
    Dept free with savings (At last)
    comp wins
    Catherine Townsend book, DVD, Gel pen, 5* holiday to Dubai :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure